indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I test drove. I've never bought a car without test driving.

But I was stuck behind a boatload of reservationists. Like people who reserved his and her Broncos, lol. Combined with hardtop delays, for me it became a big turn-off, so not sure if I'll end up buying one.

It's a nice rig though, Ford came through for open top off-road users.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone test drive before they purchased? I have a Badlands ordered but really want to drive one of this dam things.
Call around to the dealerships in your area and ask them if they have any demos you could test drive.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got to drive a 4 door WT for about 30 min long after I ordered, loved it, but didn't expect any other. Now I've had my Badsquatch for a couple weeks and a bit over 1000 miles and I could not be happier. For me and my purposes, I don't think a better car exists right now.

A test drive doesn't tell you all that much anyway IMO, unless you get to drive it for a day. Mainly see if it's comfortable and drives as expected (or better than expected) but you won't find much to complain about on a short drive.

Besides, if you get yours and really don't like it, sell it for more than you bought it for, so really no risk.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Test drive it before they build it! Unless you dead set on getting a Bronco, which it doesn't seem that you are, you should absolutely test drive it. The Bronco is a better ride than a jeep on road, but it has it's own personality that may not be what you are looking for.... I haven't taken it off road, but my opinion is that the Bronco is not for everyone, there will be a good amount of people who buy and own this for a short while only to realize they are not in love with the way it rides... don't be one of those people lol. For now you can make money on resale, but that won't be the case for long šŸ¤”

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No

Sponsored

Irish Pete

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called a lot of dealerships in LA and test drove a 4 door basesquatch in Duarteā€¦ also was a passenger on the trail thingy they set up at the LA auto showā€¦ really needed to experience the 2 door in person before placing an orderā€¦ happy that I did

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Test drove a non-Sas Badlands. Mannequin. Didnā€™t know what that term was here. Want to drive a Sas. Iā€™m not sure I need/want Sas.

rundec

Badlands
First Name
dec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone test drive before they purchased? I have a Badlands ordered but really want to drive one of this dam things.
Yep, ordered a Badlands Sasq and was able to eventually test drive a Wildtrak at my dealership. Loved it. Definitely agree that the windshield seemed smaller/further away (and I'm coming from an FJ Cruiser). But the view/feel will break in with miles driven, overall it's a going to be a fun/great car and can't wait for it to arrive in a week or so!

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've test drove a 2 door outer banks, big bend 4 door sas and a non sas big bend. All are f**king fantastic. We ordered after we test drove the 2 door, that was our first test drive.

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was close to test driving one as I was waiting on mine but decided its best to just wait as the test drive would have most likely mad me more impatient than I already was :LOL: I did not even test drive mine when it got the the dealership, just sat down, did the paper work and was out in less than 2 hours.

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, drove all over the south with my wife to see/test drive before I could no longer change my build. TN, GA, AL and FL. Got to see about a dozen and drove 6 of them before making up my mind.

Started off thinking I wanted a pretty bare bones Cyber orange Badlands two door with the mid package (about $49k).

After a bunch of test drives, I switched to a four door fully loaded race red Badlands minus the hard top. Iā€™m talking SAS, Lux, leather, Auto, 2.7, tow, etc. upped my price to about $61k. Seems like a great deal for all the extras and not even $12k more $ā€™s.

1/3/2022 build date.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Test drove a non-Sas Badlands. Mannequin. Didnā€™t know what that term was here. Want to drive a Sas. Iā€™m not sure I need/want Sas.
I had a 2019 Ranger for a little over two years. I was used to feeling every bump in the road. Itā€™s a truck not a luxury car so just keep that in mind. I love my SAS BLā€™s. It is awesome! That is just my opinion, but if I were you test drive one. If your in CA, let me know and you can drive mine. I drove both and the SAS rides better than the non-SAS.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I ordered and my salesman asked me if I wanted to drive one. So we set a date and pow! I was king of the road for a few hours. Now Iā€™m back to being nobody hitting refresh on my email account every 10
Minutes hoping I see mail from Ford.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a 2019 Ranger for a little over two years. I was used to feeling every bump in the road. Itā€™s a truck not a luxury car so just keep that in mind. I love my SAS BLā€™s. It is awesome! That is just my opinion, but if I were you test drive one. If your in CA, let me know and you can drive mine. I drove both and the SAS rides better than the non-SAS.
Thank you. This will be my daily driver and what I haul boys around SoCal in. I think 33 would be plenty for the off-roading we would do. I am good with the truck ā€˜feelā€™. I prefer it.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. This will be my daily driver and what I haul boys around SoCal in. I think 33 would be plenty for the off-roading we would do. I am good with the truck ā€˜feelā€™. I prefer it.
If you want to drive a SAS, I am in the OC. šŸ‘
Sponsored