Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the different perspectives from viewers of the video. Some find him to be a total Jeep fanboy. I thought this one was reasonable. I can pick some nits throughout, but in general there's nothing in there that is wrong.

As an example, I value the openness of not having the B-pillar crossbar. But an audiophile could sure have a view that, as a front seat driver, they'd rather have the speakers. Totally fair.

But he doesn't make that point right... He says there is no cross bar so there are no speakers, but he doesn't say the view from the rear is any different with the top off. That's where I think his true colors shine through.

I find it interesting too as he doesn't like the soft top opening, but first time he used it on the other video it was much faster to open then his struggle with the Jeep soft top that has been like that for 20 years.
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that Jeep subwoofer is huge compared to the Bronco, and having the front speakers in the lower dash front versus the kick panel is going to make a difference too.

Comparing optional Sasquatch to a stock Rubi is sort of unfair, and Jeep will have the Xtreme Recon answer for that. Especially since you can put 35’s on a Rubicon - and even put the Mopar 2-1/2” lift plus 35’s for less than Squatch plus 10AT will set you back on the Bronco.
either way you slice it you can say it’s apples to oranges. The Xtreme Recon option is said to only be available to Rubicon models. Also, adding 35s and a lift, regear, new shocks etc. will be hard to do for less than $2500 (badlands to Sasquatch price)

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But he doesn't make that point right... He says there is no cross bar so there are no speakers, but he doesn't say the view from the rear is any different with the top off. That's where I think his true colors shine through.

I find it interesting too as he doesn't like the soft top opening, but first time he used it on the other video it was much faster to open then his struggle with the Jeep soft top that has been like that for 20 years.
True the open air is nice. My other question mark is rollover performance with nothing directly above you, especially off-road.

Both soft tops aren’t ideal but you can operate the Jeep system with one hand. Both look to be excellent vehicles, just need more time in them!

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't wait to see this type of comparisons when there's actual driving factored in for both on AND off road performance.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True the open air is nice. My other question mark is rollover performance with nothing directly above you, especially off-road.
Well, I think that is why the Bronco upper is made from Boron Steel, unlike the Jeep. The tougher material is meant to allow the wider open roof.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I anticipate TFL doing plenty of detailed videos in the coming months of off-road comparisons to ride quality to the timing and ease of taking the top and doors off. This video was a quick cliff-notes version of the details that many of us diehards already know. The real juicy stuff will be once they are able to get behind the wheel.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

He did say that in an earlier video.

He did give me an idea: wake tower speakers replacing the rear pods at some point.

I have been thinking about the rear soft top opening - any Wrangler owner with a zip rear window will tell you it’s nice when it is wide open, but getting it unzipped is a pain in the ass, and most loading and unloading of groceries etc is without opening the rear window / under that rear window bar. So what Ford has done is made that quick access easier. What I don’t know about the rear window on the Bronco is: can you remove it or roll it up? I spend a lot of time driving around with the side windows unzipped and removed and the rear window unzipped on the sides and rolled up—like a Bimini. Not sure, but I don’t think you can do that on the Bronco.

So pluses and minuses…

Broken Machines76

Big Bend
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The more I watch Tommy, the more he seems to come across as a Jeep fanboy. The obvious advantages of Bronco he glosses over. I mean he has owned enough jeeps he is invested. I imagine that will be a struggle for a number of Jeep Fanboys over time accepting that they have been beat by competition now. Give it a few years and they will convert right!
I have been a subscriber to TFL's YT channel for a long time, Tommy is definitely a Jeeper, and his Dad is a Hellcat owner. I agree with you on him glossing over a few things and maybe even a little reluctance to praise certain aspects of the Ford Bronco, but overall this channel provides some good content. I think every car reviewer has their bias which is normal.

NKovo11

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would much rather give up the speakers in the middle to gain the openness in the bronco. He doesn't mention as a rear seat passenger you're just staring into a crossbar.
This is honestly my favorite part of the Bronco and i won't even be in the back! My dad and I sat in the back of a 4dr at a recent event and couldn't get over how cool it was. The fact he used the no B-pillar crossbar as a negative was jaw dropping

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the different perspectives from viewers of the video. Some find him to be a total Jeep fanboy. I thought this one was reasonable. I can pick some nits throughout, but in general there's nothing in there that is wrong.

As an example, I value the openness of not having the B-pillar crossbar. But an audiophile could sure have a view that, as a front seat driver, they'd rather have the speakers. Totally fair.
I though he was reasonable...he laid things out. After watching, it confirmed many reasons I prefer the Bronco...it's not like he was saying Jeep was better in most ways. On interior: he says the Bronco feels like it has more space, and actually has more space...and the seats are significantly better, and Jeep has better feeling dash and console materials. Fair enough...make your own decision, to me it's no brainer Bronco. Exterior, the Bronco sitting there looks much better, and he says as much with his comments about the presence of the Bronco. Angles and clearance...objectively Bronco is better, and he says as much. To someone who knows nothing and watches that video...Bronco looks better overall...so if that is a Jeep fanboy, that's telling.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I though he was reasonable...he laid things out. After watching, it confirmed many reasons I prefer the Bronco...it's not like he was saying Jeep was better in most ways. On interior: he says the Bronco feels like it has more space, and actually has more space...and the seats are significantly better, and Jeep has better feeling dash and console materials. Fair enough...make your own decision, to me it's no brainer Bronco. Exterior, the Bronco sitting there looks much better, and he says as much with his comments about the presence of the Bronco. Angles and clearance...objectively Bronco is better, and he says as much. To someone who knows nothing and watches that video...Bronco looks better overall...so if that is a Jeep fanboy, that's telling.
Agree 100%. If people are looking for objective reviews that say the Bronco is better in every single way, they're gonna be disappointed. Add in that it's a new vehicle to those reviewers and they're going to miss some things the first time through.

Enjoy the coverage, save the pitchforks for someone who really does the Bronco dirty...

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more I watch Tommy, the more he seems to come across as a Jeep fanboy. The obvious advantages of Bronco he glosses over. I mean he has owned enough jeeps he is invested. I imagine that will be a struggle for a number of Jeep Fanboys over time accepting that they have been beat by competition now. Give it a few years and they will convert right!

Apparently they have have beef with ford corporate so that could be why he down playing the Bronco

dudleyl

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Explorer XLT AWD V8/19 Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been holding out hope they bring back the FJ
Me too!! They have them where I work in Kuwait, and would to take one home to U.S.
Sponsored