Sponsored

TFL's Feelings About Bronco Because No Party Invite?

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here's the thing, what I wonder is if we really place any stock into these "opinions" although they are loaded with bias?

TFL is ?y (Bison. Ha!), so does everyone recognize that bias? I can hear and see it every time they mention the Bronco, yet they are speaking as an authority. I only view these sites and "influencers" as entertainment. Sure, they make good points at times, but so often they're just as guilty of those from the world they are trying very hard to replace.

If you want to "replace" MotorTrend, you have to do more than just take what was in a magazine and turn it into a video. How is your perspective going to be better? How will you enhance your credibility and coverage? Well, they don't really, but they could. It's so hard to facilitate change; takes vision and maybe capital.

I want to think being banned would be better as it grants the opportunity to shoot straight and give a non-biased opinion, but instead we have a whine fest.

Know people love Doug, although he may be too hard at times, I love how he doesn't care and will go in if necessary. The boys from Top Gear used to be like that. Now Grand Tour I guess.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had watched a few of their videos and thought it was a good resource to add to the equation but not the end-all.

From what I recall, they knew not to release anything that FORD gave them, which they didn't.... I thought what they releases was actually pictures and content from THIS site? (they were still leaks of course).

I just want some friggen people who have actual off road experience to get behind the wheel of the Bronco and give us the truth! I don't need a comparison to Jeep either.

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should go after whomever leaked the photos to TFL not TFL. TFL is just doing their job which is getting the most current info to us

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Old Top Gear FTW!
Ford Bronco TFL's Feelings About Bronco Because No Party Invite? 1598375442686

Ford Bronco TFL's Feelings About Bronco Because No Party Invite? 1598375586556

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no idea who these guys are??‍♂. You lost me at "influencers". I don't put much merit into what any of those sources have to say or opinions personally. That being said, if they got their hands slapped for letting slip something they shouldn't have I don't have much sympathy. There are risks and consequences to those kinds of decisions.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Roman (dad) is definitely butt-hurt the most. He knows it, every other presenter at TFL knows it. They even (humorously) duct taped his moth shut in a video about their F-250 a while ago, to limit his whining about Ford.

I watch a fair bit of TFL content. They definitely spend more time off road than some automotive journalists.

I'm confident in my critical thinking abilities, so I am able to decide for myself how I should interpret the information they present to me.

Sponsored

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair though, there really isn't very much value in a vehicle review from a passenger.

All the reviews from that event were just fluff
I totally agree. Sitting in the passenger seat and giving their impression is of no real value to the people who want to buy and drive one. None of these initial reviews are worth anything until some real unbiased reviews are available on YouTube.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with most of what you said, but the one part I do not agree with is that part above.

Take into consideration that the hard core guys or just in general the Bronco guys will still be there (I fall into the latter). But that still is only a fraction of what total sales will be. It's the rest of the population that Ford is gunning for to make the Bronco a success. They are the ones that over time will fade away. 10+ months is a long time when it comes to sales. I know of a few at my office (that you'd never guess would ever own a Bronco) that jumped on that train, but I can easily see them bailing before 1st deliveries start.
I agree Greg. Folks like us don't fad away, but the fly by night, oh isn't that cute crowd could be lost in the interim. I would think Ford would have another big marketing blitz when the Bronco finally starts coming off the production line.

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Never understood the popularity of their channel. Some of the content they put out is dubious at best (I.e. Ram Rebel vs. Silverado Trailboss 0-60). I wouldn’t buy a BOF vehicle for 0-60 drag racing and I’m not sure many others do ?‍♂ I also witnessed (in one of their videos none the less) where they were being rude to a lady who asked a question regarding a vehicle on the auto-show floor while they were filming. Pretty sure she didn’t mean any harm and they certainly could have cut that part of the footage. Hard to like them since. I actually saw them on press day at a major auto show over at the Jeep stand talking to a few engineers, rubbing elbows. There definitely seems to be a huge affinity for Jeep on their end. All that to say, they don’t have a lot of credibility in my eyes.

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had watched a few of their videos and thought it was a good resource to add to the equation but not the end-all.

From what I recall, they knew not to release anything that FORD gave them, which they didn't.... I thought what they releases was actually pictures and content from THIS site? (they were still leaks of course).

I just want some friggen people who have actual off road experience to get behind the wheel of the Bronco and give us the truth! I don't need a comparison to Jeep either.
Although from Ford, I think the videos from Ford's engineers visiting the Rubicon and Moab are what I held up as valuable and I'll tell you why.

Ford's engineers were not good at wheeling (I know that can be argued), but the way many of them attempted to find lines on the trails were very Busch league if done on purpose. However, these mistakes told me a lot.

Pro wheelers make far fewer mistakes, but that is of little value to me or a regular consumer, because when new guys or those with moderate skills take their own Bronco's out, there will be the potential for lots of carnage on the trails when they inadvertently find the limits of their rig to disastrous results to body panels.

I felt the Ford crew screwed up and scratched up the Broncos enough on 33" and the 35" tires, that buyers now have a better understanding of the level of capability they're willing to tolerate.

I won't be driving out to do serious trails at Moab until my Bronco turns 4 years old or more, but I am clear on the need to upgrade the rails, skid plate, and do something to those plastic fenders (or just keep spares in garage). I see which suspension components will need to be replaced first if I go near any rocks. etc.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see some pros behind the wheel also, just for fun and to learn, but sometimes learning what not to do can be just as valuable and help you to plan things out.
Sponsored