Sponsored

That horrendous "sport" bar and b pillar on the 2 door.

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My lord this thread.... letā€™s get a few things clear here:

1. Anyone nitpicking minute design details like this, probably have no idea how hard it even is to put a roll cage in a production vehicle. The regulations you have to get it to pass are quite difficult, and you have to do it while preserving sight lines and interior space. And also not weighing too much.

2. I see a lot of big talk about how people are going to go crazy with V8 swaps, cutting roll cages out, solid axle swaps, etc as soon as they get their bronco.

All Iā€™ll say about that is Iā€™ll believe it when I see it. I think stuff like that sounds super cool and then all of a sudden the logistics become a nightmare with cutting up your brand new $50k truck. Down the road sure but anyone claiming theyā€™re doing this stuff before they even drive their bronco.... alright. Make sure to make a build post. (Iā€™ll also specify this; a solid axle will happen first because that will be the easiest, still is not going to be a common mod for a few years at least)
Only people doing it right off are gonna be taking it to SEMA and such like

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's right! Hell, I like Pops 1977EB. It's guys like him why most of us are here. Listening to (learning from) guys like him are what make me want a Bronco in the first place.

When I was a kid, used to always think big gruff guys like that were cool, because they were. Hard calloused hands, always oil on their clothes, could fix anything, seemed like do anything and could mod a truck to no end.

Much respect to him and all of the old gear heads who inspired all of us.

Those "big gruff guys" are who taught me to see the true light, in other words there is only one at the top and it has an oval around it. They taught me ALOT and I just listened and not try to argue with them, kinda like here, I use the search when I want to find something out, I read posts for months before joining. It's big gruff guys that do shit to their vehicles that make every one want one, not because he left it stock and drove it to the mall.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just can't bring myself to do it.
Go Jackets!
A Jackets fan in Athens? Now this thread really has gone off the rails. ?

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only people doing it right off are gonna be taking it to SEMA and such like
Yup. Iā€™m sure build companies and dudes like Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Ken Block will be modifying and tearing them apart right off the bat. But the ā€œaverage joeā€ is not going to do an engine swap for quite some time. A few people might pay to do a swap right off the bat to a supercharged V8 but even that is something I donā€™t see being more than a handful.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those "big gruff guys" are who taught me to see the true light, in other words there is only one at the top and it has an oval around it. They taught me ALOT and I just listened and not try to argue with them, kinda like here, I use the search when I want to find something out, I read posts for months before joining. It's big gruff guys that do shit to their vehicles that make every one want one, not because he left it stock and drove it to the mall.
Damn right. Ain't nothin pansy ass about him that's for sure. I know you're up in central PA, which is basically yankee Mississippi, know it well. Got a buddy from up around themwherebouts too. He's in NC now still yelling Penn State even though he played ball someplace else and smaller.

I'm 44 in a couple months, but still remember the good old days and enjoy the good ol boys down here.

The cars and trucks they wrench always are fast, or sit high, or both. the mods and the creativity of them are what drive innovation. This is where racing comes from. The younger guys don't know all of this, but it's not their fault. However, I do wish they'd take the opportunity to listen a bit to get a different and foundational perspective. Old timers got to be open to change also.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well this thread derailed fast

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

imma be real with y'all, i haven't the slightest idea what OP is on about... but i am 100% on board with removing features!

first thing i do when i buy a new computer mouce is physically remove 2 of the buttons.
Ford Bronco That horrendous "sport" bar and b pillar on the 2 door. IMG_20200328_183702709

Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s a real rollercoaster of emotions, if you ask me.
Yea, still tryin to find out how my age correlates to my knowledge lol

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn right. Ain't nothin pansy ass about him that's for sure. I know you're up in central PA, which is basically yankee Mississippi, know it well. Got a buddy from up around themwherebouts too. He's in NC now still yelling Penn State even though he played ball someplace else and smaller.

I'm 44 in a couple months, but still remember the good old days and enjoy the good ol boys down here.

The cars and trucks they wrench always are fast, or sit high, or both. the mods and the creativity of them are what drive innovation. This is where racing comes from. The younger guys don't know all of this, but it's not their fault. However, I do wish they'd take the opportunity to listen a bit to get a different and foundational perspective. Old timers got to be open to change also.

I hear ya, 52 here .............. I'm that old school guy as well. Nothing sweeter sound than a good "cammed up " V-8, a SFA for maximum strength and durability. But I have learned that these things are not part of todays conversation, so I will be more than happy to take my 40K Bronco out the first day I get it and see how much I can get it flexed out and hanging tires 6 feet in the air. That is why I bought it to enjoy and make the new Bronco the Jeep slayer I want it to be. If down the road it needs a V-8 or SFA to do that then, I have no problem with doing it. But I'm gonna beat the living shite out of it first.

BUILT FORD TOUGH !!!!! IN THE WILD.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
imma be real with y'all, i haven't the slightest idea what OP is on about... but i am 100% on board with removing features!

first thing i do when i buy a new computer mouce is physically remove 2 of the buttons.
Ford Bronco That horrendous "sport" bar and b pillar on the 2 door. IMG_20200328_183702709
Yeah. But what about the chrome moly cage?

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco That horrendous "sport" bar and b pillar on the 2 door. tumblr_lr6b49xW1J1qafrh6
Ford Bronco That horrendous "sport" bar and b pillar on the 2 door. 1595377960312
Sponsored