Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be a “pull pin” disconnect for non-badlands probably day 1. If not definitely day 2 or 3 of Bronco being in the shop’s hands.

I’ll hop out once a trip to pull some pins and bungee cord that shit for $5k+
Some of us have our manicures to worry about, ok?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some of us have our manicures to worry about, ok?
get your bread up lil homie even more reason to get a nicer one when you’re home 💅

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
First, let's take a 2-door base and add Sasquatch and a 2.7 engine. This brings us to $39,900 MSRP. Already, we have a Bronco with the bigger engine, rear locking diff, 35s, advanced 4x4 auto, and 4.7 gearing.
Just a quick correction, it's front and rear locking diffs.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only item on the list that I care about is the towing package. My dealer has assured me that they can install one before I take possession.

I'm not planning on needing bash plates and rock rails and all that stuff. If I change my mine at some point I'm sure I can add them one way or the other.

I want great off road capability, but don't expect to take it anywhere I wouldn't ride an Adventure bike.

Sponsored

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only item on the list that I care about is the towing package. My dealer has assured me that they can install one before I take possession.
I've got my BaseQuatch on order as well and definitely plan on adding towing hitch receiver. I've added a Ford add-on Class III receiver + 4 plug wiring to the last few Fords I've bought: 98 Explorer Sport, 06 Sport trac, the 2016 Explorer was most complicated in that you had to tear off the rear bumper and integrate it in, but the Ford kit usually comes with a plug & play harness. I expect the same for the 2dr bronco. The only thing that would nudge me to a factory towing package (eg. 4dr) would be an integrated brake controller + 6 wire setup..but I haven't seen any word of this being offered in any bronco config.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got my BaseQuatch on order as well and definitely plan on adding towing hitch receiver. I've added a Ford add-on Class III receiver + 4 plug wiring to the last few Fords I've bought: 98 Explorer Sport, 06 Sport trac, the 2016 Explorer was most complicated in that you had to tear off the rear bumper and integrate it in, but the Ford kit usually comes with a plug & play harness. I expect the same for the 2dr bronco. The only thing that would nudge me to a factory towing package (eg. 4dr) would be an integrated brake controller + 6 wire setup..but I haven't seen any word of this being offered in any bronco config.
No integrated brake controller, but I believe the tow package has 4 and 7-pin.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A BaseSquatch is almost a no brainer, but the choice hurt my brain. Same money as BB moderately equiped, but I ordered the non Squatch BB. I do some moderately tough trails, but:

I don't like the 35's, too wide, either unchainable or at least difficult.
Overall Width is 4" more than non Sas, so trails and my garage will be an issue.
I prefer 4.27's vs 4.70's although M210 would be nice.
My '05 Rubicon has 32's (and 4.11's) which are fine, but I might upgrade to 255 width 33's.
I seldom use the front locker on my Rubicon.
Trying to keep weight down to tow behind my RV.
Going up from Base gave me A51, nice grille, tint, sandstone interior & wheels I like.
In both Base and BB I get cloth which I prefer
I'm getting older and my trail nerve is getting shakier!

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My build is a 2dr BaseSquatch, 2.7l, Aux Switches and splurged on the floor mats. There are 3 things I miss out on that matter to me:
  1. Tinted windows - obviously any easy week 1 fix.
  2. Sway bar disconnect - really hoping for an Anti-Rock.
  3. 360 Cameras - pretty much SOL on this :(, will add a front cam though.
In the end the build price starts to sky rocket if I go away from base. Plus I want to go aftermarket for bumpers, skids, sliders, etc. anyway.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Build:

A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW.
Bronco BASE 2 Door:
•​
2.7L EcoBoost Engine​
•​
10-Speed Automatic Transmission​
•​
17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum, with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels​
•​
LT315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires(35")​
•​
Antimatter Blue Metallic Paint​
•​
Cloth Seats​
•​
Base Package​
•​
Sasquatch™ Package​
Does not include the switches, modular bumper with bull bar and skid plates. Deer country. Around 41000, getting it at invoice...

You can spend another 15-20 thousand and not have a more capable Bronco than me. But... I am building an Appalachian snow machine, not a rock crawler. We are all building the Broncos we need want and gotta have. Nothing but good will for anyone's build from me...

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My thinking is the same as the OP. I ordered a 2 door, 2.3L BaseSquatch, with the only options being aux switches and headliner. The rest I’m planing on doing in the aftermarket.

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Build:

A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW.
Bronco BASE 2 Door:
•​
2.7L EcoBoost Engine​
•​
10-Speed Automatic Transmission​
•​
17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum, with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels​
•​
LT315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires(35")​
•​
Antimatter Blue Metallic Paint​
•​
Cloth Seats​
•​
Base Package​
•​
Sasquatch™ Package​
Does not include the switches, modular bumper with bull bar and skid plates. Deer country. Around 41000, getting it at invoice...

You can spend another 15-20 thousand and not have a more capable Bronco than me. But... I am building an Appalachian snow machine, not a rock crawler. We are all building the Broncos we need want and gotta have. Nothing but good will for anyone's build from me...
Cool, I've got your twin on the West coast.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was either Base period (with 2.3 and 7 speed manual), or Basesquatch with 2.7. I went Basesquatch with the 2.7. No sense getting the 2.3 with auto. For me, this is a huge all out splurge and I'm spending 10K more than I wanted to. I can barely afford the Basesquatch as it is. And to me it's so fully loaded and should be plenty capable for the small trails that I will take it on.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thinking is the same as the OP. I ordered a 2 door, 2.3L BaseSquatch, with the only options being aux switches and headliner. The rest I’m planing on doing in the aftermarket.
Keeping the 2.3L will reduce the overall weight and still provide plenty of torque (along with 4.7 gearing) to get the wheels turning. The Basesquatch with 2.3L is a terrific value. For those who don't have the need for 35s but want the rest of squatch, you could swap out to 33s and have cash left over from selling the 35s. #SkinnySquatch

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
waiting for a 2drBasemansquatch. Almost all the capability of any trim for under $40k. I would have liked the MGV of a BD or BL but not spending $7k-$10k more for seats
Sponsored