Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So here is the dilemma. Maybe some of you will be able to empathize with me. For the most part, I'm a no frills type of guy which is why I'm comfortable with either the Base model or Big Bend model. I like functionality more than luxury. With that being said, I can completely option out a Velocity Blue Base model with the Sasquatch package, rock rails, HD bumper, brush guard, auxiliary switches, 2.7L, floor mats, etc. for around $39k before accounting for $1k off invoice pricing, trade-in, and down-payment. This will bring me to around $23k after discounts, trade-in, and down-payment. Then my Big Bend Build with all of that minus the 2.7L but adding the signature lighting and Mid Package is around $5k more than my fully optioned Base. If I were to add the 2.7L V6, that would put the Big Bend at $7k more than the Base. The only things I want out of the Mid Package are the heated seat and steering wheel. I really want the Area 51 paint but I can't see spending $5k more for heated seats, heated steering wheel, and signature lighting all the while losing out on more HP and torque. Help me out guys! Thanks! I have attached PDFs of my two builds.
Sponsored

Attachments

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more builds I play with the more confused I become my friend.
Unfortunately we are going to have to make sacrifices unless we want to full-out.

I really just want remote start - for that one thing I have to spend like $2k.

It blows, but thats the way it rolls

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m in a similar boat, I really want A51 as well, but Sasquatch and 2.7 are much more important to me than paint color. Personally I know I’d regret not getting the larger engine or Sasquatch.

My whole reason for purchasing the Bronco is to get the maximum off-road capability, with a great engine package, for less than I’d pay for a Rubicon. At 38k MSRP including DD my “Basetrak” build does just that. The BB upgrade puts you well into the 40’s and I couldn’t justify that for paint.

I’m 2 door also and I just can’t justify the 5k jump for paint. MAYBE if I were getting the 4D I could justify the much smaller price bump. The problem also becomes BB opens up the ability for sig lights, mid package etc. I’m almost happier with the base knowing I don’t have any tough decisions in terms of interior or packages.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unfortunately we are going to have to make sacrifices unless we want to full-out.

But you can't even go full out because so many things are not compatible with other things. I'm hoping it's just buggy and will get fixed. Otherwise I'm kind of disappointed that I can't get the options that I want.

Sponsored

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

You may wanna check about the Ford connectivity app (or whatever is called), because I read and it has been stated in previous threads that you can remote start with the app, which is included in a lot of their trucks (I think for monthly fee) without having to go with mid package.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the builder sucks and it doesn't correctly reflect all the build combinations.

Also, maybe it's a subtle way of them saying that they don't plan on building all the available combinations--which may be for a variety of reasons but cost efficiency being the main one.

It's easier to crank out models with "popular" packages than customizing each vehicle to a customer, and in real life there are a scant few car companies who bother with doing the latter.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I must be reading the Base Model standard equipment list wrong, because I see "FordPass Connect" with "Remotely start, lock and unlock vehicle" as the second item there.

Is that not what it really says?

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Luckily, as long as you have the automatic transmission, you can remote start your Bronco with the FordPass app on your smartphone.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here is the dilemma. Maybe some of you will be able to empathize with me. For the most part, I'm a no frills type of guy which is why I'm comfortable with either the Base model or Big Bend model. I like functionality more than luxury. With that being said, I can completely option out a Velocity Blue Base model with the Sasquatch package, rock rails, HD bumper, brush guard, auxiliary switches, 2.7L, floor mats, etc. for around $39k before accounting for $1k off invoice pricing, trade-in, and down-payment. This will bring me to around $23k after discounts, trade-in, and down-payment. Then my Big Bend Build with all of that minus the 2.7L but adding the signature lighting and Mid Package is around $5k more than my fully optioned Base. If I were to add the 2.7L V6, that would put the Big Bend at $7k more than the Base. The only things I want out of the Mid Package are the heated seat and steering wheel. I really want the Area 51 paint but I can't see spending $5k more for heated seats, heated steering wheel, and signature lighting all the while losing out on more HP and torque. Help me out guys! Thanks! I have attached PDFs of my two builds.
You could always go base, and have your bronco wrapped for much less than $5k

Sponsored

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You answered it yourself. Which side wins this trade:
A: Velocity Blue paint, 2.7L, $5000
B: heated seats and steering wheel, signature lights, A51 paint, 2.3L

Only you can really answer that, but I'd go option A all the way.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But you can't even go full out because so many things are not compatible with other things. I'm hoping it's just buggy and will get fixed. Otherwise I'm kind of disappointed that I can't get the options that I want.
Honestly, that is what is so great about the Base. You can go all out with the accessories on the Base and essentially get a Squatched Black Diamond for about $5k less.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could always go base, and have your bronco wrapped for much less than $5k
I'm not a big fan of saran wrapping my vehicles, but to each their own.

DaDanny

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When did you reserve? I probably won't be getting mine till MY22, so just do what I'm doing and pull the kids out of school, cancel any vacations for the wife, sell the kids video games and start learning how to make gourmet ramen dishes - have you tried Ramen with Canned tuna? Kids hate it, but I tell them Santa is watching and only good 16 & 17 year old boys get toys.

I'll be able to afford a fully loaded Badlands no problem!

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I must be reading the Base Model standard equipment list wrong, because I see "FordPass Connect" with "Remotely start, lock and unlock vehicle" as the second item there.

Is that not what it really says?
You are correct. All Broncos come standard with FordPass Connect which allows remote start as long as you have the auto transmission optioned.
Sponsored