First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After many hours of research I have some information that is going to make your draws drop but its about time!!!

I have a car dealers license but I dont sell cars, or at least only help good friends find one at the auction etc but dont make money off friends.

As most know the Auction is the heart beat of the car World , dealers buy there if they dont get enough trade ins and then sell auction cars usually shooting for a minimum of 10-20 percent profit or more.

The auction results for the Bronco are nothing I have ever seen before. We watched the Corvettes Sell like hot cakes, used car prices are up due to supply vs demand.

Jeep is killing it with the 392 V8 but the Bronco is handing the car dealers their ass to themselves.

The numbers are so obvious and consistent Nationwide.

BEFORE YOU READ BELOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BRONCO MADE A HUGE MISTAKE BY ALLOWING THE SASQUACH PACKEDGE COME ON EVERY LEVEL OF BRONCO. YOU NOTICE THAT THEIR WRANGLER RUBICON HAS ALWAYS SOLD CLOSE TO OR AT STICKER IF THEY HAD ONE AT ALL. NOW THE V8 EXTREME RECON EDITION IS OUT AND THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE FROM THE DEALER LOTS IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS

FORD SHOULD HAVE AT A MINIMUM HELD OFF ON THE SASQUACH EDITION OR AS AN OPTION FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER THE LAUNCH BUT MADE IT AS A LAUNCH FEATURE.

This is what has happened-

The dealer screwed people with deposits, ordered cars in friends names and all their normal games. They are trying to charge over sticker premiums and they are buying over sticker at the auctions for First Edition Broncos.

But guess what???

The consumers are flipping them the bird and they are not playing in to it which is great.

The average price a car is sold for at auction is referred to as the MMR and while we dont have the time to analyze every car and every option dealers just have to take an average for that model and the computer generates the MMR.

A dealer wants to sell way above mmr and buy at auction as far below as they can.

Ok here comes the good news.

The MMR on a first edition was 75-87k when they first hit the streets, there are now 245 Broncos on the dealer to dealer website the they try to horse trade with one another or they eventually run them down the lane to be sold.

However, the asking price of the Dealer to Dealer interactions is not only lower than the MMR they paid on the buy side, but they are also offering a make offer in addition to the sell at a loss price.

CAR DEALERS DONT SELL AT A LOSS BUT IF THEY DO IN THIS CASE THEY WONT DO IT WITH THE CONSUMER BECAUSE THEN THE GIG IS UP!!!

The sell side of First Editions is 60-70 depending on 2 or 4 doors.

and when I say 60-70 I mean like 61-62 to 71-72

First editions sticker in many cases for high fiftys

In a nutshell Americnas are fighting back, they are not paying premiums and it appears they are using the dealers own games back at them.

If this continues the sell over MSRP scenario will stop (if it has ever even started) and hopefully the car market in general will cool off.

I can not remember ever a time when this exact scenario ever happed but all I can say is KEEP IT UP AMERICANS!!!!!!

and dont worry about the losses, you all have made plenty go money over the years

NOTE- as a Bronco buyer, if your name has been on the list and you were only buying it to flip it. You might want to think twice about that purchase.
“Should have”, If the goal was purely financial as you imply. But may there is another goal, customer satisfaction. You base your entire post around financial rewards ignoring many others.
Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This reads like a ranty FB post. I'm not even sure I understood the point trying to be made.
I was debating whether to say the same thing. Sounds like a FB political post trying to convince you of something without providing any supporting data. I think this week's auction data is proving that this OP post was largely spin.

Last edited:

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's not true. I look it is a capable Bronco that can be improved on with options. But those options aren't necessary. So many fall into the trap that a vehicle needs to be optioned both from the factory and aftermarket to become capable. But that mentality is paralysis of ever testing the capabilities. Look at what @Dusty has done with his stripper base. It has seen more challenging terrain than most Broncos will ever see.

How much did he spend on mods? Did he add a locker? A lift? Some people might want to spend that cash out of pocket. Others would rather finance it and not deal with that plus the potential warranty invalidation issues. I’m not a big fan of spending tens of thousands out of pocket when it could be going into investments that generate a return instead. Financed car money is play money and for $10k out of pocket you can literally get another vehicle or four if you can qualify for those loans.
@Dusty Do you want to answer this?
I work in the aftermarket industry so what I actually spent on these items isn't a fair comparison. But all I've done is a spacer lift, wheels and tires. You could get a similar result with a cheaper spacer kit, keep the stock wheels and only upgrade the tires, and probably do it for $1,500 to 2K. Add that to the cost of my Bronco, which was a hair under $30K before tax & license.

There's a lot of talk on this forum about which Bronco can do this and which can do that. But I already HAVE DONE more in this one than 90% of the Broncos out there that cost twice as much, will ever do.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
How much did he spend on mods? Did he add a locker? A lift? Some people might want to spend that cash out of pocket. Others would rather finance it and not deal with that plus the potential warranty invalidation issues. I’m not a big fan of spending tens of thousands out of pocket when it could be going into investments that generate a return instead. Financed car money is play money and for $10k out of pocket you can literally get another vehicle or four if you can qualify for those loans.
5 35" Nitro trails, 5 Icon Alloys, plus mounting and balancing, icon lift and level kit (installed), plus alignment... Looking at around $5000 and probably a voided warranty. Or $5800 to add the Sasquatch to my build.

OP
OP

Smess

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a licensed Dealer, I'm not sure where the OP was pulling his Manheim information from, as it does not appear to be accurate. MMR on a FE Bronco is $81k and dozens have traded hands at auction over the last two weeks at that price or above. I'm on the website right now looking at 'closed' sales, across the Country. Is pricing contracting? Yes. Are FE Broncos selling for below $80k at auction? No.
One more time:

Dealers buy at the Auction from other dealers, manufacturers, etc.

4C 2dr and 4dr number sold is a goose egg, but there is no option in the drop down for it

6C 2dr total 12 sold MMR $75,700
6C 4dr total sold 32 MMR $82,000

NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING:

OVE is the dealer to dealer internal network where a dealer Can offer for sale a vehicle to another dealer before the action for that vehicle starts.

There are 247 when I posted this thread and there are 285 roughly now.

Buy now price starting at $49k

I found this to be very strange statistical information given how often I look on this site and I took a few random pics and followed their journey found what is happening vs what the dealers are trying to lead you to believe.

Different states have different info. I can see where some cars end up. how much they paid and how much tax was charged.

SMOKE AND MIRRORS and many majic tricks can be performed

0AA80B8D-B205-4137-A568-9639A706D24F.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Smess

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My brother in law is at the corporate level for a large regional group of car dealers. He told me this morning auction sales for all cars are slowing. Prices are high still, but buyers aren’t going for it. In his view, consumers’ slush funds from stimulus and savings are running out.

It will be interesting how it works out when supply chains eventually overproduce as demand inevitably drops.
exactly the reason why people with money sit and wait to buy buy buy when the day we are about to see arrives.

but people were told that guy wouldnt have any money because it was all going to higher capital gains taxes. LOL

yea-on money he will never spend because he is not that stupid and he is waiting to buy all the over leveraged toys and real estate that everyone that beloved that morons bs lost when gas prices and food prices got to where they are today
Draws?

Do you mean drawers, like boxers or skivvies; or do you mean jaws? If the former, I've gotta warn you, you may not like what you see.

LOL typo- jaws drop like mouth open , speechless :)

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dont think ford made a mistake putting a Sasquatch on all trims because there be a lot of people who dont want to pay 50k for a WT but want something cheap to have fun in .If jeep made a two door Sasquatch of there own for the sport I buy that .I think I a few years when Ford can get dealer stock Base Sasquatchs on lots then they well out sell Jeep wranglers a jeep well make there own.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was debating whether to say the same thing. Sounds like a FB political post trying to convince you of something without providing any supporting data. I think this week's auction data is proving that this OP post was largely spin.
IMHO, the point he is making is that there is so much noise out there about Broncos selling for huge markups (I'm not referring to scumbag dealers asking $10K or $20K), but when you come down to the facts, while dealers may be asking, most other dealers are not buying.

It's like the ebay asking prices of $100K or more. I'm not saying that somebody with way too much money may not have jumped on one, but there is no hard evidence there is a roaring resale market for Broncos selling at ridiculous asks over MSRP.

T2Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17BMW330i, 70Porsche911, 22BroncoBadlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 2Dr First Edition in A51 just sold on BaT for $85K. I do agree that the market will soften sooner than later once Ford's increased production hits the streets. But approx. $25K over MSRP for a FE is still strong... As for the FE label, perhaps that will always command a premium, but it really is simply a loaded Badlands with a hard-top... Anyway, good for the seller. His/her timing might have been perfect.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone who has been paying a premium for these vehicles are fools. Are you that desperate to be "the first one on the block" with one? Give me a break, this is a mass produced vehicle. I see them listed on ebay for 70-80-90k. Before I spent that on Ford Bronco I'd go find a G-Wagen

Sponsored

emotoring

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Wildtrak (sold) and 2022 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 2Dr First Edition in A51 just sold on BaT for $85K. I do agree that the market will soften sooner than later once Ford's increased production hits the streets. But approx. $25K over MSRP for a FE is still strong... As for the FE label, perhaps that will always command a premium, but it really is simply a loaded Badlands with a hard-top... Anyway, good for the seller. His/her timing might have been perfect.
With BaT fees, that cost to the Buyer is closer to $90k for the FE that sold on BaT. All FE Broncos on BaT have sold for $80k plus (before buyer fees are calculated). Please remember that the members of this forum represent a small portion of Bronco owners (current and future) and the market price will be determined by a much larger segment of the population. Regardless of the marketplace you want to analyze, pricing for FE Broncos is above $80k, and for less than 50 mile examples, it is certainly closer to $85-90k for retail.

Seabass772

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you take delivery and want to sell, if you get all your money back (msrp) and your taxes and $2500 take it and run, the dealers are.
I have had two dealers offer $5k over msrp on my 21 BL, 7MT Bronco.

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One more time:

Dealers buy at the Auction from other dealers, manufacturers, etc.

4C 2dr and 4dr number sold is a goose egg, but there is no option in the drop down for it

6C 2dr total 12 sold MMR $75,700
6C 4dr total sold 32 MMR $82,000

NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING:

OVE is the dealer to dealer internal network where a dealer Can offer for sale a vehicle to another dealer before the action for that vehicle starts.

There are 247 when I posted this thread and there are 285 roughly now.

Buy now price starting at $49k

I found this to be very strange statistical information given how often I look on this site and I took a few random pics and followed their journey found what is happening vs what the dealers are trying to lead you to believe.

Different states have different info. I can see where some cars end up. how much they paid and how much tax was charged.

SMOKE AND MIRRORS and many majic tricks can be performed

Ford Bronco The First Edition Bronco WILL go down in US History as the first American vehicle to BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME LOL! [Auction Pricing Insight] 0AA80B8D-B205-4137-A568-9639A706D24F
Thanks for the insights. I find this fascinating.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After many hours of research I have some information that is going to make your draws drop but its about time!!!

I have a car dealers license but I dont sell cars, or at least only help good friends find one at the auction etc but dont make money off friends.

As most know the Auction is the heart beat of the car World , dealers buy there if they dont get enough trade ins and then sell auction cars usually shooting for a minimum of 10-20 percent profit or more.

The auction results for the Bronco are nothing I have ever seen before. We watched the Corvettes Sell like hot cakes, used car prices are up due to supply vs demand.

Jeep is killing it with the 392 V8 but the Bronco is handing the car dealers their ass to themselves.

The numbers are so obvious and consistent Nationwide.

BEFORE YOU READ BELOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BRONCO MADE A HUGE MISTAKE BY ALLOWING THE SASQUACH PACKEDGE COME ON EVERY LEVEL OF BRONCO. YOU NOTICE THAT THEIR WRANGLER RUBICON HAS ALWAYS SOLD CLOSE TO OR AT STICKER IF THEY HAD ONE AT ALL. NOW THE V8 EXTREME RECON EDITION IS OUT AND THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE FROM THE DEALER LOTS IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS

FORD SHOULD HAVE AT A MINIMUM HELD OFF ON THE SASQUACH EDITION OR AS AN OPTION FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER THE LAUNCH BUT MADE IT AS A LAUNCH FEATURE.

This is what has happened-

The dealer screwed people with deposits, ordered cars in friends names and all their normal games. They are trying to charge over sticker premiums and they are buying over sticker at the auctions for First Edition Broncos.

But guess what???

The consumers are flipping them the bird and they are not playing in to it which is great.

The average price a car is sold for at auction is referred to as the MMR and while we dont have the time to analyze every car and every option dealers just have to take an average for that model and the computer generates the MMR.

A dealer wants to sell way above mmr and buy at auction as far below as they can.

Ok here comes the good news.

The MMR on a first edition was 75-87k when they first hit the streets, there are now 245 Broncos on the dealer to dealer website the they try to horse trade with one another or they eventually run them down the lane to be sold.

However, the asking price of the Dealer to Dealer interactions is not only lower than the MMR they paid on the buy side, but they are also offering a make offer in addition to the sell at a loss price.

CAR DEALERS DONT SELL AT A LOSS BUT IF THEY DO IN THIS CASE THEY WONT DO IT WITH THE CONSUMER BECAUSE THEN THE GIG IS UP!!!

The sell side of First Editions is 60-70 depending on 2 or 4 doors.

and when I say 60-70 I mean like 61-62 to 71-72

First editions sticker in many cases for high fiftys

In a nutshell Americnas are fighting back, they are not paying premiums and it appears they are using the dealers own games back at them.

If this continues the sell over MSRP scenario will stop (if it has ever even started) and hopefully the car market in general will cool off.

I can not remember ever a time when this exact scenario ever happed but all I can say is KEEP IT UP AMERICANS!!!!!!

and dont worry about the losses, you all have made plenty go money over the years

NOTE- as a Bronco buyer, if your name has been on the list and you were only buying it to flip it. You might want to think twice about that purchase.
Show me an FE that i can LEGIT buy for anything less than 20k over MSRP please.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah man - looks like someone thinking that theyre gonna make some impact on the suits at Ford. Ford is well aware that they knocked it out of the park - playing juvenile games isnt going to work to get their attention 🤣😂
Sponsored