Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Personally, I'm happy for anyone that can and does get what they want. I'm not sad or jealous over someone buying or building a huge house, buying a fancy car or boat. Hell I'm glad they're not sitting on their $, but instead spending it. Its very sad to be bitter over others possessions.

And if you find a reputable dealer to buy yours from, you shouldn't be paying a high admin at all.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hate? I'd say rather I don't care for big spenders driving up prices, on a vehicle that I don't want to overspend on. Is that surprising, lol?

And no one said people don't have a right to spend their money. Same as others have a right on an internet forum, to say they don't particular like the way they are spending it. ;)

And no, I don't particular get a warm fuzzy feeling, about the wealthy guy in my neighborhood, who spent big to acquire "his and her" Broncos, for driving to the grocery store. I don't think I'm out of line feeling that way.
I'm sure you'd love for home prices to keep going up so when u sell yours, you make more $. I've never heard anyone that sold there house complain about it going up or having made too much $ on it.

Or do all these people buying homes at high prices suck too?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And no, I don't particular get a warm fuzzy feeling, about the wealthy guy in my neighborhood, who spent big to acquire "his and her" Broncos, for driving to the grocery store. I don't think I'm out of line feeling that way.
What about if someone spent under invoice to get "his and her" Broncos, with one being a daily driver / grocery getter and the other a dedicated off-roader? Is that allowed?

And this whole thread got me like:

Ford Bronco The First Edition Bronco WILL go down in US History as the first American vehicle to BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME LOL! [Auction Pricing Insight] 1643297745917

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What about if someone spent under invoice to get "his and her" Broncos, with one being a daily driver / grocery getter and the other a dedicated off-roader? Is that allowed?

1643297745917.png
No no you are tanking our resale or trade-in values!!! You suck too!

Last edited:

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not knocking those who have bought/ordered a FE, but I was never crazy about the model. I don't care for the graphics package, the wheels or the bull bar. That's why I ordered a loaded OBX, (which I probably won't see for a year from now).

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
After many hours of research I have some information that is going to make your draws drop but its about time!!!

I have a car dealers license but I dont sell cars, or at least only help good friends find one at the auction etc but dont make money off friends.

As most know the Auction is the heart beat of the car World , dealers buy there if they dont get enough trade ins and then sell auction cars usually shooting for a minimum of 10-20 percent profit or more.

The auction results for the Bronco are nothing I have ever seen before. We watched the Corvettes Sell like hot cakes, used car prices are up due to supply vs demand.

Jeep is killing it with the 392 V8 but the Bronco is handing the car dealers their ass to themselves.

The numbers are so obvious and consistent Nationwide.

BEFORE YOU READ BELOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BRONCO MADE A HUGE MISTAKE BY ALLOWING THE SASQUACH PACKEDGE COME ON EVERY LEVEL OF BRONCO. YOU NOTICE THAT THEIR WRANGLER RUBICON HAS ALWAYS SOLD CLOSE TO OR AT STICKER IF THEY HAD ONE AT ALL. NOW THE V8 EXTREME RECON EDITION IS OUT AND THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE FROM THE DEALER LOTS IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS

FORD SHOULD HAVE AT A MINIMUM HELD OFF ON THE SASQUACH EDITION OR AS AN OPTION FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER THE LAUNCH BUT MADE IT AS A LAUNCH FEATURE.

This is what has happened-

The dealer screwed people with deposits, ordered cars in friends names and all their normal games. They are trying to charge over sticker premiums and they are buying over sticker at the auctions for First Edition Broncos.

But guess what???

The consumers are flipping them the bird and they are not playing in to it which is great.

The average price a car is sold for at auction is referred to as the MMR and while we dont have the time to analyze every car and every option dealers just have to take an average for that model and the computer generates the MMR.

A dealer wants to sell way above mmr and buy at auction as far below as they can.

Ok here comes the good news.

The MMR on a first edition was 75-87k when they first hit the streets, there are now 245 Broncos on the dealer to dealer website the they try to horse trade with one another or they eventually run them down the lane to be sold.

However, the asking price of the Dealer to Dealer interactions is not only lower than the MMR they paid on the buy side, but they are also offering a make offer in addition to the sell at a loss price.

CAR DEALERS DONT SELL AT A LOSS BUT IF THEY DO IN THIS CASE THEY WONT DO IT WITH THE CONSUMER BECAUSE THEN THE GIG IS UP!!!

The sell side of First Editions is 60-70 depending on 2 or 4 doors.

and when I say 60-70 I mean like 61-62 to 71-72

First editions sticker in many cases for high fiftys

In a nutshell Americnas are fighting back, they are not paying premiums and it appears they are using the dealers own games back at them.

If this continues the sell over MSRP scenario will stop (if it has ever even started) and hopefully the car market in general will cool off.

I can not remember ever a time when this exact scenario ever happed but all I can say is KEEP IT UP AMERICANS!!!!!!

and dont worry about the losses, you all have made plenty go money over the years

NOTE- as a Bronco buyer, if your name has been on the list and you were only buying it to flip it. You might want to think twice about that purchase.
Nothing surprising here, simply market dynamics at work. Of course the sell over MSRP scenario will slow down as production picks up and the "I want to be the first" people already have their vehicles. If first editions MSRP for high fifties and are selling for $61 - $72, I would call that a premium! "BRONO MADE A HUGE MISTAKE BY ALLOWING THE SASQUATCH PACKAGE TO COME ON EVERY LEVEL" According to whom? Firstly the Bronco and Wrangler isn't just about the top models. The fact Ford offers it on the Base makes it a great value and it will win buyers who otherwise might purchase a Rubicon. I'm sure Jeep isn't happy about it! Dealers asking big ADM is nothing new with Bronco. Right now it is still next to impossible to buy off the lot for MSRP, so obviously some are paying the markup.

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes GO BRONCO !

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
The OP has no idea what he is talking about. The price of the Bronco is falling because Ford is delivering more Broncos (supply vs demand). Corvettes are higher because it is a lower production number car and they have been a consistent seller for 60+ years. Jeep 392s are higher because there are less of them around. MMR is a rolling average of wholesale auction prices, dealer's who know what they are doing do not buy based on MMR, their goal is to lower it. If I had to guess I would say the OP's friend has a Dealer's License or he works at a New Car Franchise, most likely not even in sales. New car dealer's are marking up every car, it's not just the Bronco. It can cost anywhere from $600,000-$1,000,000+ a month to run a New Car Franchise correctly. If a dealer is only getting 20 new cars a month they have to make it somewhere, or a lot of people get laid off.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco The First Edition Bronco WILL go down in US History as the first American vehicle to BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME LOL! [Auction Pricing Insight] 1643297745917
Obviously it's allowed, you did it! Of course, doesn't mean I or anyone else has to agree.

I'm happy you didn't pay ADM, and happy you are taking that Bronco off-road. Hear that Bt_ostate, I'm happy. :)

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally, I'm happy for anyone that can and does get what they want. I'm not sad or jealous over someone buying or building a huge house, buying a fancy car or boat. Hell I'm glad they're not sitting on their $, but instead spending it. Its very sad to be bitter over others possessions.

And if you find a reputable dealer to buy yours from, you shouldn't be paying a high admin at all.
This! I’ve been on several Ford and toyota forums. I often see some folks buying higher trims upset about how some features should not be available on lower trims because it somehow makes their vehicles less exclusive and/or valuable. No one cares.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was already sensing a softening in the market on these. There are only so many people with stupid money that would grab them at any price when they were scarce. That generated an ADM bubble. What I have seen recently is dealers that had legit buyers decide not to take their car and try and get in on the huge ADM game aren't getting any takers. That time seems to be past. Maybe less ADM, but not the stupid 20K ADM

BAMBALAM

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with OP. I think the peak is passing as more are produced and more deliveries occur. I won't get into all the details but I know a dealership owner who purchased a Bronco about 2 months ago at dealer auction and paid a big premium. It's now sitting on their lot with several price drop and it's a well optioned higher trim.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the Base buyers fall into two camps and some Luxury buyers don't understand either. I have no interest in a 4 banger with open diffs and wouldn't consider paying $50k to get there, make me wait three years and the appeal will probably be gone........you just lost a buyer. You offer the Base buyer a $1500 option to add 12" screen, voice navigation, premium stereo, signature headlamps, colored matching door handles, lane keep, adaptive cruise control, etc, I suspect many would pass........I'd pay $1500 not to have it.
"I have no interest in a 4 banger with open diffs". 4 bangers aren't what they used to be, the engine is highly regarded. That said I agree with your premise, and thank goodness the Base doesn't come with all that crap. For those into wheeling the Base with SAS is a great bargain. Without SAS its still a great value for those of us that just want a cool SUV to get to the ski area.
Sponsored