First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say this as someone shopping for a 2-Door right now, I'd be surprised if Ford greenlights it for the 7th-Gen, though it'll certainly stick around for a refresh in the 6th-Gen. Farley has made a big deal about consolidating parts and assembly lines and cutting unnecessary costs, I imagine the execs have considered the 2-Door a necessary inconvenience to reaffirm the modern SUV with the 1st gen which is now universally considered a classic. Best case scenario for the 7th-Gen would be something like this where they shorten the wheelbase of the 4-Door by 8" or so and conceal the rear handles so we get a 2-Door look on a 4-Door platform, basically a modern FSB.

Compact Bronco.png
The 4-door is just huge. This would be a good compromise.. I’d be more interested. Not sure how they could do that though, leg room isn’t even that great. They would have to shrink the trunk space down to match the 2-door’s.

Make the seats fold flat and you might convert me.
Sponsored

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I haven't ordered mine yet but it will be a 4dr, but I have an actual need for it with a disabled daughter that cannot climb into the back seat of a 2dr. I think they should stay committed to it, I like the look personally and I'd get one of those if I didn't actually have a real need for it since it would be my daily not some weekend plaything. just my .02

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t even suggest this. The aftermarket for 2 door is already thin enough.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the take rate for the 2-door bronco is over double that of the 2-door wrangler so far. It’s in the sweet spot for size and cargo capacity imo.

I 100% believe that Jeep will extend the wheelbase / size of the 2-door wrangler for the next gen because of this.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I 100% believe that Jeep will extend the wheelbase / size of the 2-door wrangler for the next gen because of this.
Look at how sought after the extended wheelbase TJ "LJ" is. I'm surprised they haven't stretched all their 2drs yet.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a lot of fun living out west for a decade, wheeling in 2-door open top vehicles. Even with kids and guests. So I knew the 2-door Bronco would work fine. Also overall enjoy shorter wheelbase more nimble vehicles, for me in general use they are more fun, even the mundange of whipping into a parking spot is better.

My pholosopny is buying for majority use, rather than "what if" edge case scenerios. So on the lesser occasions needing some more room, I just deal with that, in order to have the majority use benefit of the 2-door the rest of the time.

But 4-door is nice for people actually needing the cargo and passenger capacity. Or can be better off-road, depending on the typical terrain. Or maybe for towing would be better for stability. The 4-door still has a reasonable wheelbase. It's great having 2 or 4 door option.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As long as jeep makes a 2 door wrangler, I would expect a 2 door bronco.
This ^ as long as there is a 2 door wrangler, there will be 2 door bronco.

I could see them going the jeep route though and limit the trims available on it.

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WHAT!!!!, you mean Ford makes a 4 door Bronco

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't be surprised. The 2 door is an SUV that can't really do SUV things. If all you do is wheel and strap a bunch of fuel cans to the rig to be able to get home from the trail then it makes 100% sense. Same with if you have another vehicle to hit home depot with. But if you intend on bringing just one extra person and gear on your adventures, or daily drive your SUV for errands it makes zero sense. 2 door owners seem to be the loudest minority in the car world. You think we all want a 2 door or something lol. I have no kids or no plans and never considered a 2 door. I rarely if ever have people in the back seat. But this picture is why most people choose the 4 door

edit: someone mentioned an extended wheelbase 2 door. NOW we're talking. I just can't imagine spending what I've spent on a bronco only to have to do calculus in deciding how to pack my rig for an adventure.

Ford Bronco The Future of the 2-Door Bronco? F0964257-A6A4-4FD9-9D10-8AC2F151FF3C

Sponsored

22br0nc0

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond, 21 Ranger STX 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really hope Ford stays committed to it.

I love mine, and I’d like to get another once they do a refresh in a few years, but I realize the demand may not justify it.

Curious what you folks think…
I’d love to see a long wheelbase 2 door when the inevitable refresh comes. I’d buy that immediately. Well, I’d put in an order immediately, then wait 3 years. 🤔

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't be surprised. The 2 door is an SUV that can't really do SUV things. If all you do is wheel and strap a bunch of fuel cans to the rig to be able to get home from the trail then it makes 100% sense. Same with if you have another vehicle to hit home depot with. But if you intend on bringing just one extra person and gear on your adventures, or daily drive your SUV for errands it makes zero sense. 2 door owners seem to be the loudest minority in the car world. You think we all want a 2 door or something lol. I have no kids or no plans and never considered a 2 door. I rarely if ever have people in the back seat. But this picture is why most people choose the 4 door

Ford Bronco The Future of the 2-Door Bronco? F0964257-A6A4-4FD9-9D10-8AC2F151FF3C
Parking and garage space is enough reason for me.

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That said. I love my 2 door. I don't need a 4 door at all, and I favor the look of the 2 door.
I generally hate people, so I don't need anyone in the back of my vehicle.
I hate people too....with that said I like a 4 door and have no problem telling people they can't ride with me🤣
Sponsored