Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

nothing spells loner, unibomber type existence like owning a two door Bronco...that ranks right up there with a "standard" cab pickup truck and I already have one of them.
Standard cab pickup? check
2-door bronco? check

I also ride motorcycles and go to restaurants and movies by myself.

I wish they had an "every seat but the driver seat - delete" option. Without the front passenger seat I could have a nice long sleeping area over there..
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really hope Ford stays committed to it.

I love mine, and I’d like to get another once they do a refresh in a few years, but I realize the demand may not justify it.

Curious what you folks think…
I honestly think it's less of a lack of demand, and more of a commodity constraint! Took forever for Ford to start pumping these out.

With that said though, I'm still team 4 door, I prefer the extra room. But if my wife ever decides to drop her JKU, I think she'd be more prone to going team 2 door.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wouldn't be surprised. The 2 door is an SUV that can't really do SUV things. If all you do is wheel and strap a bunch of fuel cans to the rig to be able to get home from the trail then it makes 100% sense. Same with if you have another vehicle to hit home depot with. But if you intend on bringing just one extra person and gear on your adventures, or daily drive your SUV for errands it makes zero sense. 2 door owners seem to be the loudest minority in the car world. You think we all want a 2 door or something lol. I have no kids or no plans and never considered a 2 door. I rarely if ever have people in the back seat. But this picture is why most people choose the 4 door

edit: someone mentioned an extended wheelbase 2 door. NOW we're talking. I just can't imagine spending what I've spent on a bronco only to have to do calculus in deciding how to pack my rig for an adventure.

F0964257-A6A4-4FD9-9D10-8AC2F151FF3C.jpeg
The entire continents of Europe and Asia have millions of people with vehicles smaller than the MOAR door. Pack light and you will have more fun.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wouldn't be surprised. The 2 door is an SUV that can't really do SUV things. If all you do is wheel and strap a bunch of fuel cans to the rig to be able to get home from the trail then it makes 100% sense. Same with if you have another vehicle to hit home depot with. But if you intend on bringing just one extra person and gear on your adventures, or daily drive your SUV for errands it makes zero sense. 2 door owners seem to be the loudest minority in the car world. You think we all want a 2 door or something lol. I have no kids or no plans and never considered a 2 door. I rarely if ever have people in the back seat. But this picture is why most people choose the 4 door

edit: someone mentioned an extended wheelbase 2 door. NOW we're talking. I just can't imagine spending what I've spent on a bronco only to have to do calculus in deciding how to pack my rig for an adventure.

F0964257-A6A4-4FD9-9D10-8AC2F151FF3C.jpeg
History of my vehicle use and travels doesn't match up with what you are claiming, but based on your photo, we travel much lighter and more efficiently. A buddy of mine shows up with a full size pickup bed full of stuff for a short family visit. People can be very different in that way.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The entire continents of Europe and Asia has vehicles smaller than the MOAR door. Pack light and you will have more fun.
Definitely agree to disagree here. I have more fun by saving time. I have a Rubbermaid box for camping, one for climbing, one for snowboarding, one for jet skiing. I literally just grab the box throw it in and I have EVERYTHING I need. I just pack clothes, pack a cooler, grab a box and go. No arguing with the girlfriend on who was suppose to bring “fill in the missing item here”. Or getting all the way to the middle of no where campsite and realizing you don’t have the tent polls. I’ve evolved into this 🤣

Can I do some some Tetris, measurements, and spend the time each outing to truly think about what I need to bring and not bring just ‘just in case’ maybe people do it all the time. I could not go topless and throw things on the roof (but from my pics you know I hate having a top or doors). I could get a tow hitch basket but risk departure angle on forest service roads on hard to get campsites. But ford solved this problem by making a 16” longer version bronco just for me

Last edited:

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jeff_Bronco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The factory will throw a soft top in your bronco for $2480.00.
The 2-door Bronco only comes from the factory with the hard top. Ford says it will ship the soft top separately and it will be installed by the dealer.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just hoping Toyota gets off their butt and makes an FJ like they should have on the last go around. I have no expectation, but would sure put my money into one if they did. At this point I'm just looking around to see what I can import at a reasonable price for another fun 2 door. Don't know if I could get a Jimny licensed here or not.
A legit FJ would be awesome...or even a two-door Land cruiser like they have in other places outside the US...
https://landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1991-toyota-land-cruiser-hzj73-zx-2804/

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hope Ford stays committed to it.

I love mine, and I’d like to get another once they do a refresh in a few years, but I realize the demand may not justify it.

Curious what you folks think…
I think you misunderstand the demand for the two-door. Ford committed to building the two-door when its expected take rate would be 25%. The actual take rate has been far higher. The two-door has been in shortage status since before production began. Thus, Ford is getting more bang for its buck than the bean counters originally planned. The two-door will live on until sales drop below 25% for a consistent period, which may never happen.

Besides, let's face it: the two-door is the real looker among the Broncos! The Bronco XL 😉 may see the majority of sales, but the Bronco gets potential customers looking in the first place.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm just hoping Toyota gets off their butt and makes an FJ like they should have on the last go around.
absolutely agree with this. I spent 20+ years in an FJ40 and that community is every bit as ravenous for that type model Land Cruiser as folks are here for Broncos. I would love to see Toyota do a tribute to the 40 or 70 series cruisers. Not whatever the FJ cruiser was supposed to be but a real 40 tribute like Ford did with the 6G bronco.

i hope ford doesn’t kill the 2dr but not having a proper soft top out of the gate to compete with the super popular wrangler kind of shows where their heart is. 4dr sells.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Moar door owners crack me up. They post pictures of fully laden vehicles as if that's how they roll every time they drive the truck. The vast majority of the time, just like full-size truck/SUV owners that "need the space", they only haul two things: Their own ass, and thin air.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was lined up to buy a 2-door but it was so constrained I had to switch to 4-door. Now that I have the 4-door I want the room. My hope is that Ford differentiates from Jeep with something like @Toccoa 's longboard concept which is 2-doors on a 4-door wheelbase. It's awesome, check it out: https://www.bronco6g.com/bronco-longboard-concept-2dr-lwb-imagined/
Sponsored

Last edited: