First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really hope Ford stays committed to it.

I love mine, and I’d like to get another once they do a refresh in a few years, but I realize the demand may not justify it.

Curious what you folks think…
Jeep is keeping the 2 door Wrangler even though it has low demand so I see no reason for Ford to drop it.
Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s the point. Ford doesn’t need the 2 door. People will buy the 4 door like you did. Won’t hurt sales at all, they can’t even deliver as it is.
Then I wouldn’t get one. If I was stuck getting a 4-door I’d go back to the wrangler since it’s smaller and looks better as a 4-door.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think a lot of the 2D demand for the 6G was artificially pent up with nostalgic boomers waiting years for launch. I’d be interested to see how the split looks in 5 years.

Ford won’t drop it as long as Stellantis doesn’t. It’s pretty much a big game of chicken. I bet the manual transmission is in the same boat.
No I think it’s because it’s in a sweet spot for size. The people in the I can’t do the 2-door wrangler because of the size, and dislike the looks and prices of the 4-doors I believe find the 2-door bronco a nice compromise. I have over double the cargo capacity in the back of mine compared to the 2-door wrangler plus more room for passengers. It’s really well thought out and I bet the take rate will be about the same in a few years unless Ford does what Jeep is doing and limits the models of the 2-doors.

Like I said earlier if Ford continues to sell over twice as many bronco 2-doors to wranglers then I 100% believe the next gen 2-door wrangler will be quite a bit larger than it’s current model.

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door or nothing for me personally. I got lucky getting the first one in 9 months, and a priority code 10 bodes well for the 2nd.

26BF9E67-8C45-4868-A8A6-11D0909953DF.jpeg

2AAF30BA-B87D-4BB4-B3AC-06F065A1596F.jpeg
Probably not good for the paint but man do they look best with fender deletes.

6010Head

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Jeep Jk Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I definitely like the look of the 2 door Bronco as it is more like the original.But what really got me was the 2 doors wheelbase is as close to perfect at 100 inches.Beats the 2 door Jeep in this regard as well.Some may not care about this but look at how coveted the Jeep LJ is at 103”
Much better for people that crawl and wheel,not just for delivery of bombs ;)

Sponsored

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think a lot of the 2D demand for the 6G was artificially pent up with nostalgic boomers waiting years for launch. I’d be interested to see how the split looks in 5 years.

Ford won’t drop it as long as Stellantis doesn’t. It’s pretty much a big game of chicken. I bet the manual transmission is in the same boat.
I have seen very few 60 and 70 year old driving Broncos regardless of door count. I’m Gen X and the two door was the only one I wanted. I’ve got one of each only because the Braptor doesn’t come in two door. A 2 door on the 4 door chassis would be perfect.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford already limits the trims available to the 2 door. Everglades, Raptor and Heritage Limited.......

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still waiting after more than 2.5 years……better get mine!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No I think it’s because it’s in a sweet spot for size. The people in the I can’t do the 2-door wrangler because of the size, and dislike the looks and prices of the 4-doors I believe find the 2-door bronco a nice compromise. I have over double the cargo capacity in the back of mine compared to the 2-door wrangler plus more room for passengers. It’s really well thought out and I bet the take rate will be about the same in a few years unless Ford does what Jeep is doing and limits the models of the 2-doors.

Like I said earlier if Ford continues to sell over twice as many bronco 2-doors to wranglers then I 100% believe the next gen 2-door wrangler will be quite a bit larger than it’s current model.
Agreed. Before ordering, I test drove the 2-door, and even sat in back while my son was driving. I felt like it had decent room in back including leg room (I'm 5'10"). And had more room behind the back seat than my TJ.

Passenger access to the back seat though, is not what it should be. The passenger front seat should slide further forward. I will try welding up a mod slider to allow for that.

Otherwise 2-door seemed the way to go for everyday driving. I didn't want the cost and maneuverability penalty of the 4-door, just to have the extra space for a handful of times it would be needed.

Lack of soft top only availability, and monkeying with restricted trims/options, could mess with take rate. Car makers for some reason love to play games that way. :(

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t care who makes it, but I’ll be the first in line for a 2D (suicide doors like FJ would be neat) that has a front and rear locker and IFS suspension. That’s it. Currently the Bronco is the only contender. I don’t need the removable roof so if Toyota or Chevy came up with something like that I’d buy it.

Sponsored

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am waiting for a 2 Door with a one-piece roof. And, at least a single locker like the Black Diamond model. This is the only config I am interested in.

Thought that this would have been available by now....

[SNARK MODE ON]
Hope they don't start dropping models/trims before all of the features promised pre-release are made available... .. . :oops:

PatsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 16 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 4dr Bronco is like the 4dr Charger... just wrong, and yes the 2dr is a selfish vehicle because it lacks space. I couldn't be happier with mine cause it is in keeping with the Bronco legacy... 2 DOORS!
Every time I see a moredoor I think (explorer). Lol, if I wanted a explorer I would have bought one.. But to each his own..

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Today was the first time I have seen more 2dr than 4dr. Early in our drive it it was about 6 to 1 ended up being 9 to 3. Not counting mine.
Since I started seeing Broncos on the road they have been almost all 4dr but not today.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Highly unscientific but almost everytime i fill up someone says I love the 2dr look ,the 4dr just doesn't look right .
I have to say a 2dr pulls off the stock tire look pretty good the 4dr need big tires and a lift to look proportional.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ford discontinued the faster lighter more desert purpose built superb raptor when the released the gen3, I wouldn't be surprised if they ax it to make more of the more popular platform....

the 2 door has plenty of leg room int he rear for most people 6' and under... its way more nimble, lighter, faster, cheaper, and will always be my favorite configuration..
Sponsored