Sponsored

The questions that don’t deserve their own questions thread (2021 Ford Bronco)

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why didn't ford design the manual transmission around a 6 cylinder instead of the 4, knowing everyone would want the 6.
Because they needed to offer the manual to compete with Jeep that still offers a manual. But by not allowing it with the 2.7L or initially Sas (which you can get now if you want to wait a year) they where hoping to drive down the take rates on manual. This would allow them to respond with "we offered MT, but not many people ordered it, so we are no longer offering MT".
I think they have been surprised how many people actually want MT, especially those that want to go off-road. Now they have to decide if they want to embrace it going forward and offer it with a bigger engine, or keep restricting it until they can justify getting rid of it.
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because they needed to offer the manual to compete with Jeep that still offers a manual. But by not allowing it with the 2.7L or initially Sas (which you can get now if you want to wait a year) they where hoping to drive down the take rates on manual. This would allow them to respond with "we offered MT, but not many people ordered it, so we are no longer offering MT".
I think they have been surprised how many people actually want MT, especially those that want to go off-road. Now they have to decide if they want to embrace it going forward and offer it with a bigger engine, or keep restricting it until they can justify getting rid of it.
Can it even hold the 2.7 though?

IMO the dealers won't stock them so it is going to die no matter how Ford offers it.

"Do you want this Bronco with rebates and a deal or do you do you want to wait 4mo and buy this one at MSRP?" Only the die hards are going to wait months to pay MSRP.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The body colored modular top was only an option on OBX. The MIC was standard with the shadow-black or body color modular as an option. I presume the body color modular will also be late availability when the shadow-black modular becomes available.
Body-colour modular top is/was available as a dual-top option for the BD as well. Maybe other models.

It still shows it as an option on the website.

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s only the 4 door that doesn’t allow you to add. My fault, I should have been more specific.
Four Door w/ SAS allows the liner; when you then click to upgrade to the 2.7 engine, it deletes the liner. At least that is how it worked for me last night.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Body-colour modular top is/was available as a dual-top option for the BD as well. Maybe other models.

It still shows it as an option on the website.
I haven't looked, but you mentioned dual-top which implies 4-dr. Are those same body-color modular tops available on 2-dr? I'm quite certain at the BB trim, the modular option is only shadow black.

Sponsored

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silly question. Is the pull out tailgate stock or an additon?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't looked, but you mentioned dual-top which implies 4-dr. Are those same body-color modular tops available on 2-dr? I'm quite certain at the BB trim, the modular option is only shadow black.

I didn't know so I just went to look and don't see the option on any model. I'm 100% sure it was there yesterday because I went specifically looking for it. Now it's not showing body-colour for anything.

So...who knows.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why Donald duck doesnt wear any pants, but wears a towel when he exit the shower??

I know if aint Bronco related, but someone might know. Lol
Now I am curious if Disney will make a decked out Donald Duck Edition Bronco. Cyber orange hood, white body, royal blue shag interior, and cyber orange rims?

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is this rash, and how do I get rid of it?

oh wait, for the Ford Bronco ... uh

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With regards to MY22, Ford is working on a white MIC but haven't gotten the color consistent (see the splotchy white top spy photos out of Arizona). No one knows whether a painted white modular top will be offered to all trims or if it will be restricted to oxford white OBX trims.
The "white" top in those photos is an unpainted modular. I wish they were working on a white MIC top but there's nothing that would indicate that they are.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The "white" top in those photos is an unpainted modular. I wish they were working on a white MIC top but there's nothing that would indicate that they are.
Geez, that just heightens my disappointment. I want a white top, but ideally it would be a white MIC. I don't understand what Ford has to work on with regards to painting the Mod top. Receive the unpainted product from the supplier and then send them to be painted. I know there is a supplier issue with limited supply. But painting an unfinished top isn't a vendor supply-chain issue.

I'm afraid that the white Mod top for MY22 won't be available on all trims. I have a hunch that the Mod top availability and original options for MY21 will be exactly the same for MY22. If you want a white Mod top, then it will be a available on the OBX body-color Mod top option as long as your body color is OW. Every other trim wanting to option a Mod top will receive a shadow black. I hope I'm wrong.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Geez, that just heightens my disappointment. I want a white top, but ideally it would be a white MIC.
Same. It seems like the painted white top will be available for several trims, and not just on a white Bronco. We'll see I guess. But yeah, not making a white MIC top is a pretty big blunder in my book. I don't want a painted top at all.
Sponsored