Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should have worried more about the vehicle than the name. To me the raptor version is the least desirable version and oddly is going to be the most expensive (except of course for the limited baja race vehicles that I wouldn't really call a bronco).
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Raptor has its own identity and people refer to it as Gen-1 Raptor, Gen-2 and so on..
The Bronco Raptor is taking styling cues from the Raptors but would've been great on its own.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I get a opportunity, I'll buy a Bronco Raptor.

But I'm a

on a WART HOG.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll state something even more controversial:

Both the Warthog and the Raptor are terrible names. They seem childish, to me and are the exact opposite of "bad-ass" mainly because the names are telling "me" they are bad-ass.

No offense to those who like it, but the name alone meant I would never own one. Honestly, I didn't really want a Sasquatch package for a similar reason...
At least you can take off the sticker! I'm still debating whether I want a 2-door SAS or a badlands with 33"s (33's look really good proportionally on the 2-door while 35s and 37s look epic on the 4-door) Plus all the other functional considerations.... decisions decisions!

Sponsored

topoguide

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Land Cruiser UZJ100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should have stuck with "Warthog" for the Bronco brand. Kinda lame to ride Raptor's coattails.

IMO the WT is already Raptor-ish and would have been a better fit for a "Raptor" version or upgrade rather than a completely different model.
Agreed. The sales guy that went with me on a test drive said that some people say it drives like a Raptor. I said it drives more like my 5th gen. Too many people are forgetting the Broncos heritage... or just don't know it.

Personally I was hoping they would stick with Warthog and continue the Bronco brand they started. I guess that comes from still being a little sore at Ford for discontinuing an icon for 25 years. :rolleyes:

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the Raptor has its own identity and people refer to it as Gen-1 Raptor, Gen-2 and so on..
The Bronco Raptor is taking styling cues from the Raptors but would've been great on its own.
Gen 1 obviously wins because V8 and suicide doors!

Ford Bronco The reason Bronco “Raptor” won out over "Warthog" Craig V8 Bronco

Bronkitis

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the A-10, a truly badass plane. But I swear to god it seems like real warthogs are just an appetizer for lions
Yeah, but on a bad day, so are raptors. It's because lions are, like, lions, man.

Sponsored

BroncoMike75

Big Bend
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and a 1967 Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ahh is right..... Couldn't agree more!!! Why they put Bronco on the grill instead of Ford is baffling to me. The Bronco always had Ford on the grill or on the hood like all their vehicles did and still do to this day.

20180819_155205.jpg

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Like the it’s big brother the raptor, ford will sell everyone they make.

They should have worried more about the vehicle than the name. To me the raptor version is the least desirable version and oddly is going to be the most expensive (except of course for the limited baja race vehicles that I wouldn't really call a bronco).

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That article was incorrect. The Warthog name came from the vehicle in Halo. If you don't know what that is then you're old. Go back to playing checkers.

Ford Bronco The reason Bronco “Raptor” won out over "Warthog" 20180819_155205
See that's excatly Ford's point. Most people that are complainng that they didn't call it Warthog didn't know where the name came from. They aren't idiots. There is a lot to goes into the marketing and branding. Its easy to sit back and armchair quarterback after they make decisions. They know they can't please all the people all the time so they have to go with their research.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'll state something even more controversial:

Both the Warthog and the Raptor are terrible names. They seem childish, to me and are the exact opposite of "bad-ass" mainly because the names are telling "me" they are bad-ass.

No offense to those who like it, but the name alone meant I would never own one. Honestly, I didn't really want a Sasquatch package for a similar reason...
Yes, like the Air Force F-22 Raptor is childish and not "bad-ass"...
Ford Bronco The reason Bronco “Raptor” won out over "Warthog" 210911-Z-DY403-9158

And the Air Force A-10 Warthog is childish and not "bad-ass"...
Ford Bronco The reason Bronco “Raptor” won out over "Warthog" A-10-Warthog-1024x576

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was definitely in the Warthog name camp, badass plane (you know there would be a BRRRRRRT easter egg on it) and the halo vehicle, come on Ford. That said I would probably only shell out whatever the ridiculous price tag + ADM will be if they had a 2DR version, a bigger 4DR is just TOO big.
Sponsored