The stupid questions thread

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Stupid question about the parking brake. I’m sure I read somewhere that it will be electronic, sadly the manual ones seem to be dying off.

But does anyone know where the parking brake is located inside the Bronco? It’s not in the center consol with the windows & mirror switches. I couldn’t find it around the shifter/ AC controls either
I have an automatic transmission Ford Edge 2012. The parking brake is a third pedal flush near the left side of the drivers footwell.

It’s not where a clutch would be. It’s even closer to the outside of the footwell.
Sponsored

Mr Big

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an automatic transmission Ford Edge 2012. The parking brake is a third pedal flush near the left side of the drivers footwell.

It’s not where a clutch would be. It’s even closer to the outside of the footwell.
Oh ok, I know the type you’re talking about. I guess that’s a lot better than the little electronic switch I was thinking it would be

Sponsored

CarolinaDawg

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it is just with leather. I am wondering if ALL leather has power seats because the B&P indicates manual.
I agree. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 4'9", power seats are needed for safety reasons. But I want a Badlands, not a less capable model. (plan on getting power steps for her as soon as delivery happens.)

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

My 2015 edge had the electronic parking brake. It is a switch near the shifter.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 4'9", power seats are needed for safety reasons. But I want a Badlands, not a less capable model. (plan on getting power steps for her as soon as delivery happens.)
I'm 5' and my hubby is 6'2", so same. I'm getting a WT and adding steps.

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does the BL really get carpet when you opt for leather?
Can you get body color door handles on anything other that OB? Several models are pictured with them...
What are the chances we get a neutral interior option for all models?
2 doors gets heated seats but not power seats?

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's the difference between the cheap (such as Barricade) steel bumpers and the more expensive ones? Don't just say strength or quality, quantify it or elaborate please because I'm at a loss why some are $450 and some are $1,600.
In Texas it won’t matter but in salt states the cheaper bumpers are usually thinner gauge steel with little to no coating on it to protect against rusting. The salt will eat away a cheap bumper after a few months vs a good quality bumper that has better coating and thicker steel. Obviously name brand expensive can still mean cheap crappy china steel.

Sponsored

Chanman3123

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are more than enough stupid questions on the face book pages

samanator

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does the BL really get carpet when you opt for leather?
Can you get body color door handles on anything other that OB? Several models are pictured with them...
What are the chances we get a neutral interior option for all models?
2 doors gets heated seats but not power seats?
Wildtrack's have body-colored door handles, but not mirrors(gloss black) like the OB.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here’s a dumb question. For those of us in Base, BB and BD with 2dr, if I remember correctly, we never had the option to add a painted or black hard top?

If this is correct then MY22 white top availability doesn’t really affect us at all. The white top would also most likely not be available as an option and it becomes a service part to order so why wait to buy a Bronco? It’s a separate parts order either way.
Going back there was always the option for a modular top on the 2-dr as an upgrade. The MIC was standard. For the BB/BD (I don't think it was an option on the Base), the Mod top would have been black. OBX allowed for body color Mod top as standard. There was quite a bit of discussion on the gun turret panel that is only available on the 2-dr Mod top. Obviously, the Mod top was taken away as an option and it was only available as a late delivery for upper trims. The OBX MY21 got the short straw as it is geared toward a sleeker appearance, but they have no option other than MIC.

For MY22, all we know is that a white top will be available. We've seen the splotchy white/light gray MIC in the wild so they are obviously working on the formulation to produce a consistent white color. The presumption on the Mod top for MY22 is that the Shadow Black will return and OBX will have their body color Mod top. There is an assumption that a white painted mod top will be available, but there is nothing to base that on other than an Oxford White OBX Mod top.

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the Base steering wheel isn’t leather wrapped, what is it like? Old school plastic? Wrapped in vinyl or something else?
Sponsored