Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the difference between the cheap (such as Barricade) steel bumpers and the more expensive ones? Don't just say strength or quality, quantify it or elaborate please because I'm at a loss why some are $450 and some are $1,600.
This reminds me of Hi Car Low Car from Donut, "Does More Expensive mean Better?"

I am curious though
Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here’s a dumb question. For those of us in Base, BB and BD with 2dr, if I remember correctly, we never had the option to add a painted or black hard top?

If this is correct then MY22 white top availability doesn’t really affect us at all. The white top would also most likely not be available as an option and it becomes a service part to order so why wait to buy a Bronco? It’s a separate parts order either way.

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do these turbos (2.3/2.7) have issues with short stop and go driving or short trips? Obviously they have been out a while and long drives are better regardless but how much does this effect longevity compared to a naturally aspirated engine?

Does the oil continue to flow through the turbos after the engine is turned off to cool?

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's the difference between the cheap (such as Barricade) steel bumpers and the more expensive ones? Don't just say strength or quality, quantify it or elaborate please because I'm at a loss why some are $450 and some are $1,600.
Typically the barricade and others are slightly less finished, fit may be a little off, powder coat is shittier, etc but may not be worse than expensive ones trading on brand names.

The barricade and others are all made in china. Again this does not mean some of the big name ones are not.

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've asked this a couple times but never got a real straight forward answer. Has anyone sat in both the Bronco and Wrangler? Does the Bronco feel roomier? I like my Wrangler, but on long trips it can feel kinda cramped sometimes. Thanks in advance guys and I'm loving these questions. Btw I'm buying the Bronco either way lol.

Sponsored

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've asked this a couple times but never got a real straight forward answer. Has anyone sat in both the Bronco and Wrangler? Does the Bronco feel roomier? I like my Wrangler, but on long trips it can feel kinda cramped sometimes. Thanks in advance guys and I'm loving these questions. Btw I'm buying the Bronco either way lol.
Here's a thread speaking to this. Seems like the overall expectation/feedback is that the Bronco is expected to feel roomier than the Wrangler.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...vs-bronco-based-on-similar-ranger-cabin.4895/

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
probably it will and probably you are not paranoid this is a really good question. Most OEM ICs heat soak quick. One good hit and it heat soaks, the next hits power reduces considerably. So bigger IC will just make back-to-back hits more consistent. An aftermarket aluminum version would be helpful.
Some newer IC cores are sandwiched with the condenser and radiator. I wonder if the engine controller is smart enough to engage the electric fan if the charge temp is above threshold?

enough of the rant. The OE winch POSITION is junk IMHO I‘ll wait for a more stealth winch (or fab one up) and an aftermarket IC wouldn’t hurt anything.
I really wish they rocked our world with this Bronco on installing a centrally mounted winch system. They are beautiful and allow them to charge extra for the pinnacle of offroad technology.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How to we transport 90% of the questions on this forum into this thread?
it's something called a search button but most people don't know how to use it, it seems

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do these turbos (2.3/2.7) have issues with short stop and go driving or short trips? Obviously they have been out a while and long drives are better regardless but how much does this effect longevity compared to a naturally aspirated engine?

Does the oil continue to flow through the turbos after the engine is turned off to cool?
No idea, but im gonna immediately disable A.S.S.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you get seats without the stupid molle things?

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do bad folks go when they die?

Mr Big

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question about the parking brake. I’m sure I read somewhere that it will be electronic, sadly the manual ones seem to be dying off.

But does anyone know where the parking brake is located inside the Bronco? It’s not in the center consol with the windows & mirror switches. I couldn’t find it around the shifter/ AC controls either

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why can you build a outer banks with both the rock rail and tubular steps but cannot build the badlands with the rock rails and a tubular step?
Sponsored