First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heyy all i need help, i just pick up my 285/75r16 bf goodrich ko2 tire yesterday from Costco, heard they have good tire services, but they wont installed the tire for me, said that tire is not for bronco is Load E, i should have Load C.
they said i need do reprogram with the computer from the dealer store. and tire will be overheat and exploed or something, and made me very sad.

please does 285/75r16 really fit on base bronco ? i have baby coming soon i dont really want have any safty issue about that, please someone give me a adivice.
Tell them that it's for an F-150 HDPP... need a VIN? Let me know. LMFAO

Yes, it will fit.
Sponsored

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you so much for the reply!!!

i will try the Discount Tire, cause i did lot of reseach too seeing you guys post everyday, finally decide to put on big tire, but yesterday the Costco tire guys really made me sad.

and i did buy Method Race wheel 305NV 16x8 6X5.5 0MM OFFSET.( I ASK CHATGPT ABOUT IT) SAID THATS THE PERFECT WHEEL FOR BASEBRONCO.)
Ford Bronco THEY WONT INSTALL THE 285/75R16 TIRE FOR MY BASE BRONCO 20230504_232339

Surf KS

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco THEY WONT INSTALL THE 285/75R16 TIRE FOR MY BASE BRONCO EBEE728A-EC9E-4FB8-A5C6-FF80F538DD20

I went with the 265/75R16 KO2s. Iā€™ll let you know how they feel on Tuesday.

Sponsored

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

[/QUOT
Ford Bronco THEY WONT INSTALL THE 285/75R16 TIRE FOR MY BASE BRONCO EBEE728A-EC9E-4FB8-A5C6-FF80F538DD20

I went with the 265/75R16 KO2s. Iā€™ll let you know how they feel on Tuesday.
Idk why you couldn't get 285s, but you'll be fine. Your tire is about a little over an inch shorter than the 285. That should make getting in easier for you and the baby. Btw, it still looks good.[/QUOTE]

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sam's told me that they wouldn't install any tire except for the stock size on my base and then when I told them I was going elsewhere the guy told me that I was going to have trouble with my transmission, transfer case, brakes, everything!
So I installed 285/75/16's on my base rims, reprogrammed the speedo using forscan, and have found that rolling diameter to be basically the perfect size for a base 7MT. It was geared a bit short as delivered and the extra rolling diameter makes it just right.
Now for the record-the tire is out of spec on the base rim , 7.5" on a 7" rim. I have no wierd wear issues, handling is fine, YMMv>

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sam's told me that they wouldn't install any tire except for the stock size on my base and then when I told them I was going elsewhere the guy told me that I was going to have trouble with my transmission, transfer case, brakes, everything!
So I installed 285/75/16's on my base rims, reprogrammed the speedo using forscan, and have found that rolling diameter to be basically the perfect size for a base 7MT. It was geared a bit short as delivered and the extra rolling diameter makes it just right.
Now for the record-the tire is out of spec on the base rim , 7.5" on a 7" rim. I have no wierd wear issues, handling is fine, YMMv>
Was that loud noise your front axle snapping ? If you need a tow let us know

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the offer. I didn't know Sam's offered tows as well as tires!
To be fair.....The tire you installed does put more wear and tear on all of those items he mentioned. A heavier tire with larger diameter....I could add a few items to the list. Now on the other side of it...the base 7mt was geared pretty short and the Bronco was built for it. You'll be fine.

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

increased wear over the lifetime of the vehicle is one thing, but the Sams guy I dealt with said "blow up" He also told me that no tire shop would install any tire but the factory fit.
I'm happy to have taken the risk. So far so good!

CAPTChEB

Base
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW X5 50i M-Sport, 2023 Bronco 2-d ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep had the same problem with Costco but Iā€™m on a budget. Itā€™s not they donā€™t know what they are doing, itā€™s their store policy. Anyway I dropped off my wheels and they mounted the tires to the wheels, trucked them home and put them on myself.
Sponsored