First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having both a 4 door badlands softtop and a wrangler unlimited hardtop, we typically take the bronco for highway trips. The bronco is definitely more comfortable and drivable. Both have 35s and the wrangler has the manual, but gas mileage is about the same.

As far as noise, both the wife and I swear the bronco is quieter than the jeep hardtop from the front seats. Neither of us have ridden in the back to notice, but the conversation with the kids in back consists of less shouting when in the bronco. Only time it may be louder is when we get a crosswind gust going through wyoming.

Get it.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also had a Gladiator Mohave before getting my 2Dr Wildtrak. little over a year ago. So I guess I’m qualified to answer…

I too heard about the “noise thing” before I got my Bronco (waited a year to get it) so that first trip home from the dealer I was really scrutinizing it to see if it was as bad as all the noise OCD threads made it out to be. PSSH….NOTHING BURGER!. Yeah…it ain’t no Lexus but if I wanted a Lexus I would have bought one. It’s not bad. But I guess noise is like beauty. I’m sure your wife’s hot. But somebody else might think she’s a pig. But WTF you care? You’re the one driving it every day.

The high electronics package in my Bronco is both a pro and a con. A few more bells and whistles than the Gladiator but many of them are muted by the lawyers (all kinds of crazy shit that doesn’t work unless you are practically standing still, wearing a crash helmet and agree to three pages of disclaimers) but when they are active they are pretty slick.

Roadability is orders of magnitude over the Gladiator. I’ve made 3 long trips in the Bronco so far (> 1K miles) as well as daily commuting and I prefer the Bronco over the Jeep on the road. But a con in this are is range. Broncos (especially 2Drs with their smaller tank) means more stopping for gas. A bit of bitch at first but now it feels “normal” to me.

Hard to compare offroadability in that my Bronco is a 2 door. I like the straight axle articulation of Jeeps better on the trail but the smaller size of the Bronco makes it more maneuverable. And Trail Turn Assist is DA BOMB!!

Do I ever miss my Gladiator? Sure. I miss the cargo area of having a bed and the towing capacity. The lack of cargo area I’ve gotten over buy just picking up a little Harbor Freight trailer. So use that anytime I need to haul a sofa or some such. Towing capacity there’s just no getting around. Gotta learn to live without.

But would I make the same choice to switch to Bronco today a year later?

OH HELL YEAH!!

Let me first off say sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 23 bronco Wildtrak completely loaded They’re willing to go 5500 bucks under MSRP.
my question is for people that own this particular vehicle how are you feeling after putting some miles on it? I’m coming from a jeep gladiator and a wrangler so I get. The noise thing .
How’s the drive ability long distance, freeway speeds, etc. any pros and cons I should know about?
seems like it’s gonna be quite the upgrade from the Mojave that I’m currently driving
Any insight would help thank you in advance and again sorry if I posted this in the wrong place

Last edited:

For The Birds

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 23 bronco Wildtrak completely loaded They’re willing to go 5500 bucks under MSRP.
my question is for people that own this particular vehicle how are you feeling after putting some miles on it? I’m coming from a jeep gladiator and a wrangler so I get. The noise thing .
How’s the drive ability long distance, freeway speeds, etc. any pros and cons I should know about?
seems like it’s gonna be quite the upgrade from the Mojave that I’m currently driving
Any insight would help thank you in advance and again sorry if I posted this in the wrong place
I’ve had my Wildtrak for over a year. I’ve owned 3 jeeps wranglers. I absolutely love my Bronco. I would never go back to Jeep. Ride quality in Bronco is by far superior. Off road I feel more confident due to wider wheel base.

Once you go Bronco you will never look back.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Compared to the Wrangler, it will be a luxury ride in the highway. Tracks better, more comfortable seats, more room inside, smoother ride.

Go get it.
Have had our ‘23 Wildtrac for a yr. Will never get the wife to ever sell it. Her “retirement “car. Loves it. Have owned many wranglers and there is no comparison. Only added a Bestop Sunrider and handles. Easy to open/close for her.

Go for it!!!

Sponsored

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had a 2022, 2 door 2.7 for about 2 years now. Great vehicle but does have a little wind noise. Tons of power and torque and fun to drive. Compare tow ratings on all if planning on pulling something. I have seen some complaints on quality for the 2021 and 2023 models so review the forum to get informed. That being said, the Bronco would definitely be my choice over any jeep. Have fun on the adventure.

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a model year 23 I think you should be getting $6k below msrp minimum, this is based on what I have been seeing them advertised for in my state.

I have the 4 dr Sasq, auto, 2.3 and it has surprised me at how well it does on the hwy, It jumps right up to 78mph before I know it at 2200 rpm. I expected at this speed it to be much higher rpm, I back it down to 1900 rpm at around 65 mph to get best mileage. Have not had it on the interstate yet for a long trip so I can't comment on long range seating position comfort yet.
Seats are super comfy on long trips. I've done multiple. The seats were a huge surprise for me and I'm very happy.

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a '22 4dr Badlands Sasquatch Soft top, with Lux package and marine grade vinyl seats. A little over 40k miles.

Just did a 2 week long 5500 mile road trip with me, the gf and the dog.

I initially had trouble getting the seats to be comfortable for me, but after adding seat jackers and lowering the seating position a bit, it's much more comfortable now.

Wind noise is tolerable (even in the soft top) until you get over about 70mph. Then it gets exponentially louder 😅

Gas mileage sucks, but that's expected... Says so right on the window sticker.

The B&O system is mediocre at best. I replaced all of the speakers and am much happier now.

There is a "Bronco Tax" on pretty much all mods. Seems like anything you could do to a Jeep, will cost you about double(or more) on a Bronco.

If you can accept all those things, you will get a vehicle that rides great on and off road. Has been (for me) very reliable. The only issue I've had is my passenger rear window sometimes doesn't auto roll up. And just recently my passenger front window started whistling in high winds. ( But I think I can fix that)

It's a great vehicle, but it has it's flaws, like anything else.
Agreed, everything has a flaw or two. Ford has been decent on addressing my issues.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would recommend a big lifted truck for you .

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
do it
mines a daily driver and i love it ..its much better as sucjh then any jeep iv driven
maybe jeeps a little better in tight terrain but road and pre running bronco wins

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently own both a 24 JLU and a 23 Badsquatch and let me tell you, the bronco is a better vehicle for everything except only the tightest most technical trails. Aside from the wrangler's ability to fit down tighter trails, it has nothing on the bronco in every other category.

The Bronco interior is more spacious and comfortable and has 10x more usable tech. I have the hard top bronco and the newer models are whisper quiet compared to the job 1 broncos. Those had horrible wind noise and popping coming from the tops. Now, they have just about ironed it all out.

The bronco is by far the superior and more refined vehicle. With that being said, the wrangler market has 100x more people involved and the aftermarket is obviously much wider and more refined as well. We own both the JLU and the Bronco because we wanted the best of both worlds. And no one vehicle will do it.

When the wife and I and our three kids all go out, its the bronco for sure. The extra interior space is so nice when three of them are in the back and not sitting knee to knee on top of eachother like in the wrangler.

But when we want to do some hard offroading, its the JLU. Its also a soft top, so we put it all the way back and hit the trails. Its more nimble and seems to have more options for lines compared to the much bigger (and bigger feeling) bronco. The bronco feels like you are driving a 1/2 ton truck on the trails. The wrangler feels as it should. Like it can climb anything and go anywhere.

The Bronco would be my pick for a daily with easy to medium wheeling. Every day. Its just a superior vehicle. Now if you are going to trailer your rig to the trails and want to climb 2 story vertical walls and rock crawl with the pros, then you need the wrangler. Just know if you are a bigger person, you will be licking the windshield. In the wrangler I have to put the seat all the way back and its still not enough. In the Bronco I can almost not touch the pedals if I put the seat all the way back. And in that position, I can still sit back behind that same seat. Im 6" 240lbs.
Sponsored