First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do people insist on buying vehicles that don't fit their needs??? If you need third row seating, look for a vehicle with third row seating. No way I would trust some makeshift solution to keep my kid safe.
So much this. We have 3 kids, so the Bronco is a little tight, but we just take two cars or rent a vehicle for extended trips which happen like once every 3 years - we generally fly

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are there any third row jump seats out there? Searched but didn’t see anything but and idea thread.
Outside of a sideways oriented futon for one, I think your jumpseat is in an Expedition.

Sponsored

Frappy608

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

benratt

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badsquatch, '71, '79, '94 '96 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice job @benratt . I have also been looking into side folding jump seats, similar to how 2000 era landcruiser third row seats. Best I can find are floor mounted van seats. This one is promising because it will fit, relatively simple install, and includes integrated belts. I like the mid back option for this application.

https://www.suburbanseats.com/colle...oint-belts-street-side?variant=42083941089511
Keep in mind the head room. The one you mentioned from suburban seats is going to be tight on head room. My seat is on the floor and its fine for my 10 and 12yr old but anyone taller maybe not. The seats really got to be on the floor. What I like about mine is it’s removeable in 2 seconds. A sideways seat would give more legroom. What ever you do it’s really just gonna be a kid seat.

speedbunch

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

my brother has a 3rd row in his 4door jeep he bought it as a kit, it is great especially when off the streets, with the top off nothing i would want to ride in for a long distance.

also look into the old ford bronco back seats they measure close to the same width with the new bronco being a inch or 2 wider.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got 4 kids, so six people total. Thought about this when I ordered, but decided to go ahead and considering my trade in was a sedan, nothing really changed for me. If we go someplace with all 6 of us, its in the wife's van, otherwise I drive my vehicle.

That said, I think back to when I was a kid (I'm 39 so we're talking 80s/90s), we wouldn't think twice about having someone hop back in the cargo area of my Dad's Explorers if there weren't enough seats. I remember fighting about which kid got to ride back there.

And thus concludes my "back in my day" story.

Sponsored

Frappy608

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice — I didn’t realize yours was removable, although i should have as I once owned a tahoe of that vintage. How hard was the fab piece that attached to the floor anchors?

speedbunch

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've got 4 kids, so six people total. Thought about this when I ordered, but decided to go ahead and considering my trade in was a sedan, nothing really changed for me. If we go someplace with all 6 of us, its in the wife's van, otherwise I drive my vehicle.

That said, I think back to when I was a kid (I'm 39 so we're talking 80s/90s), we wouldn't think twice about having someone hop back in the cargo area of my Dad's Explorers if there weren't enough seats. I remember fighting about which kid got to ride back there.

And thus concludes my "back in my day" story.

I am in the same boat 4 kids! not one of them wants to ride in the van lol

Mu00027

Base
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice job! Where did you find this seat? Looking to do something similar but ideally with 2 seat belts in the back.

Mu00027

Base
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am in the same boat 4 kids! not one of them wants to ride in the van lol
Same boat here, 4 kids; looking for a way to put in a third row so that in the rare instance we all want to jump in the Bronco for a short ride, we can.

benratt

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badsquatch, '71, '79, '94 '96 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice job! Where did you find this seat? Looking to do something similar but ideally with 2 seat belts in the back.
You can see another thread on this here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/anyone-install-jump-seat-in-cargo-area.31999/page-3
But I got the seat from ebay out of an 07ish Yukon/Suburban. In this thread above you can see the anchor kit I used also on ebay. The base is 3/4 plywood wrapped in black carpet held down by the 8 bolts that are used for the tiedown loops. Use large fender washers on all the hardware. You will have to remove the tiedown loops and the plastic floor liner that is held down by those and then you can bolt the base directly to the metal floor. People will debate safety, but keep in mind everyone has a different risk tolerance and this setup is a lot safer than my kids riding in the back seat of my 71 Bronco with lap belts, or them bouncing around in the back cargo area with nothing (which is how we came home from the dealership) haha. That being said I don't recommend it for frequent or regular use. For me it's used irregularly and for short trips.
Sponsored