Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know anything about the current market for this car, but dealers are not greedy just because they have a seemingly very high price on a car. Either they will sell the car at that price or they won't. They may have to accept less if they want to sell it. The market is the market.

If you owned this car and could sell it for that price, you would be an idiot not to take it. You wouldn't consider yourself greedy, or a bad person, because you didn't sell it to a buyer for less money. You would take as much as you thought the market would pay you for it.

edit: I guess most people selling their own cars should be accused of being greedy because most will price it above the current market in hopes of getting someone to pay that price, but then fully expecting to have to negotiate it down with a potential buyer.
I gotta agree here. This Republic runs on capitalism. It's the dealers car, he can ask anything he wants for it, and then it's up to the consumer to decide. Is it greedy, yes. Especially this one Jesse posted. Is it wrong, no.
Sponsored

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i completely agree that if someone owns something they can ask whatever price they want for it. If u can get it , get it. This absolutely should not be true for car dealers. Me and you cannot go to ford and buy a car directly from them for MSRP or invoice, only a dealer can. They paid less than msrp for it, but can ask whatever they want for it before its available for the general puplic to buy. BULLSHIT. They should be held to a standard.

So if i build a gt500 right now on the B&P and send it to my dealer to be sent for build, the price of the car i built is null in void and the dealler can hold my car hostage if i dont give him 50 grand more than the price Ford agreed to sell it to me for. I did not agree to buy a car from John Doe, just John Doe Ford as a representative for Ford. BULLSHIT. This should not be allowed to happen.

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For the people that don't think this is wrong, what if every dealer in the country got together and said from now on every car we sell will be at 500% above MSRP no matter what. according to u this would be perfectly legal and Moral, and u would have no problem paying 120k for a Chevy Cruz because thats what the owner wants for it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the people that don't think this is wrong, what if every dealer in the country got together and said from now on every car we sell will be at 500% above MSRP no matter what. according to u this would be perfectly legal and Moral, and u would have no problem paying 120k for a Chevy Cruz because thats what the owner wants for it.
no, that’s actually illegal Price fixing.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
one down the street from me has a 50k markup as well. w t h.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Saw the exact same thing in Georgia on Saturday. $50k markup.
In 2012, I paid less than the dealer markup for a 1997 Ferrari F355 Spider 6 speed. I would still do it again today, rather than pay a $50k markup on the GT500 (which yes has better performance and reliability than the Ferrari in every way). The GT500 is a cool car, but it's not $150k cool!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. The markup for Shelby GT 500s is less than $20K here. The local dealer has two sitting in the showroom, one for $122K and the other for $103K.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine spending $150k on a Mustang instead of an Acura NSX, Audi R8, or basically any other $150k car. Lol

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That would be illegal. Colluding together to fix prices is 100% illegal and wrong.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be illegal. Colluding together to fix prices is 100% illegal and wrong.
Yep. Anti-trust laws exist to prevent this very occurrence from happening.
Sponsored