Sponsored

Thoughts/honest reviews on a 2.3L auto tranny with Sasquatch???

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been communicating with a dealer who has a 2.3L auto transmission 4 door Bronco with Sasquatch and MIC Hardtop coming in. It’s a Black Diamond and the only hardtop model other than a couple of more expensive Badlands that will be coming in. I was going to order exactly what I wanted when and if the order banks open again but I’m honestly just tired of playing the waiting game and may just cave and pay the $2500 ADM just to get my Bronco. Will I regret the 2.3L engine?
Sponsored

Nosferatu

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know about the 2.3/auto combo, but please DO NOT pay the ADM!! That screws us all who are shopping.

A lot of dealers have been dropping the ADM recreantly. If you can even wait a couple weeks, it may be even easier to negotiate it away.

I've been watching the market pretty closely the last few weeks. Prices are dropping. Just the other day I had a dealership who marks all their Broncos up $10k down to $2500 over MSRP. I figure at the end of next month it will be MSRP.

Don't let desperation drive your decisions. These things aren't going to be priceless forever.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

by all reports, the 7MT version is pretty sweet.
haven't seen many reports on the auto with the 2.3L engine.

JohnGeg

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love my 2.3 auto. I was in the similar position. Pay MSRP for 2.3 or pay 5k-10k over msrp for used 2.7 or wait over a year plus

bronc0000

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been communicating with a dealer who has a 2.3L auto transmission 4 door Bronco with Sasquatch and MIC Hardtop coming in. It’s a Black Diamond and the only hardtop model other than a couple of more expensive Badlands that will be coming in. I was going to order exactly what I wanted when and if the order banks open again but I’m honestly just tired of playing the waiting game and may just cave and pay the $2500 ADM just to get my Bronco. Will I regret the 2.3L engine?
Pay it! The wait sucks. Just git my production date two weeks ago, or I would be doing the same! Plus could not find a dealer willing to sell at a 2000 ADM, Phoenix, az

Sponsored

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wifes bronco is a 2.3 auto black diamond that I lifted and put wildtrack wheels and tires on. We love it. Yeah it's not as quick as my 2.7 but it has plenty of power. No regrets at all.

I agree if you can find something close to what you want for a price that's reasonable go for it. I did when I traded my 4door badlands in for the 2 door black diamond. I really wanted a 2 door and knew if I ordered one the way I wanted it would probably be a year before I got it maybe more. I love my 2 door so glad I got it.

20220923_111332.jpg

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a 21 2.3 AT SAS black diamond 4 door and now have a 23 2.3 AT SAS black diamond 2 door. I’m happy with the 2.3. I’ve pulled my Polaris ranger crew many times with no issues. Acceleration is not an issue, it’s got plenty of power. The 2.3 has 70 more HP than a 1996 bronco with a 351 going thru 6 more gears. If you run 93 octane it has 95 more hp.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put 35’s on my wife’s NON-SAS Big Bend 4-door with 2.3 auto and crummy gear ratios. She had no complaints about it being underpowered. I drove it myself a few times and that 2.3 really pulls good.

OP
OP
Roll Tide!

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love my 2.3 auto. I was in the similar position. Pay MSRP for 2.3 or pay 5k-10k over msrp for used 2.7 or wait over a year plus
Great that you were able to pick up a 2.3 for MSRP. I drove a 2.3 Everglades and really was enamored by the package but unsure of the 2.3L engine. Dealer made my decision for me when he wouldn’t budge on the $10,000 ADM.

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the 2.3L in an Everglades, and I was definitely pleasantly surprised driving it off the lot.

Without doubt, a very capable engine. Throttle response is instant, and between merging onto the highway, passing other vehicles, or accelerating uphill, I cannot speak to any disadvantages, nor does the vehicle feel underpowered. I live in California, which is home to some of the nicest trails out there, and on the trail, I have not found an obstacle that the 2.3L did not defeat with absolute confidence.

Mind you, the Everglades has the extra weight of roof rack, a modular bumper, and an estimated 100lbs of winch / hardware on the front-end. In short, the Everglades is an enormous truck.

I use Costco premium gasoline (91) exclusively, and average 17.3mpg in stop and go conditions on surface streets.

Most of the hubbub online regarding the 2.3L vs. the 2.7L consists of which is faster in a straight line, and if that's what matters to you, hold out for the 2.7L.

BigCatKale

Everglades
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades / 2021 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I also have an Everglades and am completely happy with the 2.3. It definitely has more pep than the 4.0 in my FJ, which is my reference vehicle.

I could care less about 0-60 times and straight line power. Can it do exactly what I ask it to do without me wishing for more is my litmus test. So far, the answer is yes. I am completely satisfied with it.

OP
OP
Roll Tide!

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the 2.3L in an Everglades, and I was definitely pleasantly surprised driving it off the lot.

Without doubt, a very capable engine. Throttle response is instant, and between merging onto the highway, passing other vehicles, or accelerating uphill, I cannot speak to any disadvantages, nor does the vehicle feel underpowered. I live in California, which is home to some of the nicest trails out there, and on the trail, I have not found an obstacle that the 2.3L did not defeat with absolute confidence.

Mind you, the Everglades has the extra weight of roof rack, a modular bumper, and an estimated 100lbs of winch / hardware on the front-end. In short, the Everglades is an enormous truck.

I use Costco premium gasoline (91) exclusively, and average 17.3mpg in stop and go conditions on surface streets.

Most of the hubbub online regarding the 2.3L vs. the 2.7L consists of which is faster in a straight line, and if that's what matters to you, hold out for the 2.7L.
Appreciate your candid and honest review. This is very useful. Congratulations on owning an Everglades. I sure was smitten by it.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have an Everglades and am completely happy with the 2.3. It definitely has more pep than the 4.0 in my FJ, which is my reference vehicle.
Hey, did you happen to eat at the IHOP on 71st last weekend? There was a desert sand Everglades parked there when we walked out. The 3 of us had to take the wife's Jaguar because my Badlands is a 2-seater.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wifes bronco is a 2.3 auto black diamond that I lifted and put wildtrack wheels and tires on. We love it. Yeah it's not as quick as my 2.7 but it has plenty of power. No regrets at all.

I agree if you can find something close to what you want for a price that's reasonable go for it. I did when I traded my 4door badlands in for the 2 door black diamond. I really wanted a 2 door and knew if I ordered one the way I wanted it would probably be a year before I got it maybe more. I love my 2 door so glad I got it.

Ford Bronco Thoughts/honest reviews on a 2.3L auto tranny with Sasquatch??? 20220923_111332
Well shit. I have been kicking around doing exactly this to mine and this photo just sealed my fate.

Assuming it was as easy as taking the crash bars off and tossing the lift in?

Also what lift did you go for? Just spacers or new suspension?
Sponsored