First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
'23 Big Bend Sas; 4dr, V6, Mid pkg. 3k miles in, zero issues except the occasional Bluetooth glitch after an update to either my phone or the Bronco. Takes about 3 minutes to delete and re-pair the phone. I have a similar problem with my wife's Acura. Very pleased with the paint quality and overall assembly, no squeaks or rattles yet. The Territory MT tires do pick up every stone on the road and throw it on the car, can't wait for them to wear out. Also have a '16 Focus ST and an '02 Excursion 4x4 that have been painless to own as well. If the Bronc is as good as those two I'll be happy for a long time.
Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22OBX non SAS with lux package and modular bumper with 2.3 engine, 10 speed auto with hard top. 19200 miles. To sum it up the vehicle is outstanding better than I ever expected. So far my only dealer visits are for oil changes and tire rotation. It’s the perfect daily driver and does great off road even without the SAS package. So enjoy yours when it arrives. That’s when the fun really starts.
Ditto with my 22 Badlands 2dr. 17,500 miles

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now that it is getting cold out again the major creaks and groans are back. 🤷‍♂️

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine developed an odd squeak around 3k miles too. Sounds like a bed creaking when going down a bumpy road. Can I ask what you fixed to make your squeaking stop? Other than that and my back right window constantly popping out where it meets the back window, I absolutely love my Bronco. ‘23 OBX non-sas with lux package and 7k miles.
I fixed all the annoying noises coming from the swing gate by installing the Raptor hinges, the reinforcement bracket, and a stretch of weather stripping along the top edge of the gate.

Ford Bronco Honest reviews and build quality? 1698703507244

Ford Bronco Honest reviews and build quality? 1698703517457

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
23 Base 4 door Sasquatch 2.3, auto, hardtop. Overall really enjoying it. Only 7,000 miles in but coming from a Jeep Gladiator, I can say as a daily driver it’s better in almost every way. It does well off-road but in most circumstances I’d give the edge to the Jeep. Still really good tho. I do have one giant issue that hasn’t been resolved yet….my brakes have randomly lost power twice (like the brake booster quit). Slow speeds both times and they immediately start working normally again. My dealer has no idea what’s causing it.

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 22OBX non SAS with lux package and modular bumper with 2.3 engine, 10 speed auto with hard top. 19200 miles. To sum it up the vehicle is outstanding better than I ever expected. So far my only dealer visits are for oil changes and tire rotation. It’s the perfect daily driver and does great off road even without the SAS package. So enjoy yours when it arrives. That’s when the fun really starts.
Same experience, same build.

And my '22 sat on ice/dirt mountain from Jan 22 to Jun 22 and somehow the rodents or other denizens of the mountain didn't do any damage. 22K mi since delivery, no issues.

Hope you enjoy it!

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
own a 2022 base 2 door and a 2023 badlands 4 door. Both hard tops.

Both have 2.3 with 10 speed auto

Badlands has lux, HD bumper

The interior materials are ok, marginal at best but serviceable. They do have a cheap feel but no problems as of yet.

Overall, I have been happy with both and have no regrets. everyday i look forward to walking out and getting in the Bronco.

Knocking on wood for good measure....

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
‘22 2door BL Mansquatch. 14K miles. 3 Badge of Honor trails, 7 National Parks and one National Seashore. No problems, other than a possessed light switch. I did upgrade the base stereo. Instrument panel is silly and the interior plastics are horrible, but it’s been a lot of fun.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
30k 21 WT 2.7. Baes on the majority of replies You'd think OP asked, "Is it fun? Do you like it? Do you regret the purchase?" YES, YES and NO.

Now to your question:
Thin, thin body skins.
Interior plastic is beyond cheap
Modular HT had leaks
Wind noise is more than desired
Front windshield is a rock magnet (I run with a chip repair kit. Probably repaired 12 chips)
Gas tank is shockingly small
MPG is a joke for 2021 best 21 average now with 37's 17mpg
Push clips, wiring harnesses and general things to aid with high volume production lines are cheesier than Nick Cannon.
Tie rods are laughable
Sound system leaves a lot to be desired
License plate disconnected due ro aftermarket bumpers, now have a parking fault error
Fender flares get pitted ..will need to replace.

Capable rig. See: YES, YES and NO response.

Rhinomanj

Raptor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 2022 BRaptor, 10K Miles so far, no real off road, lots of long drive to cycling trips. No issues other than a mysterious electrical fire smell that went away. I way over paid for this expecting Ford quality and that's what I got. The engine and mechanicals are super solid. The amount of plastic everywhere inside means it's not going to age like my Mercedes. But, it drives great, looks great, and is a blast to drive. You will love it.

Sponsored

SamC

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Toyota FJ40, '14 Toyota Tundra, '17 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
22 Badlands, SAS owner, driven 26k miles.
14k miles this summer exploring Colorado.

if you previously owned

Jeep -> find no difference in terms of build quality, road noise.
non-luxury sedan/suv -> you will fid subtle difference.
luxury segment -> big difference in terms of build quality & road noise.

but, you will get used it after driving few thousand miles.
this RIG will take you where other vehicles can't.

so time to enjoy. check out my youtube channel for the fun we have been having.
THIS!! I have a 23 Badlands, SAS. I've driven Jeeps for years and see this as a step up as far as creature comforts and way less road noise with hardtop. Only people I have seen disappointed come from a High Country/Denali or other high end vehicles. If you like a Jeep Rubicon, you will love the Bronco.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2022 OBX 2-door Sasquatch

The good:
Looks, driver comfort, Sync 4, ride, power, etc. Drives so straight at 80mph, the lane assist complains because you aren't moving the steering wheel.
One nifty party trick is how the auto-highbeams will fade in and out, rather than a sudden on/off. Fades out faster if a car crests a hill close to you vs flat road a mile away.

The bad:
Headlight output is weak, owing to the 'retro' reflector design.
Typical squeaks and rattles that come and go with the seasons. Right now it's a roof panel.
There was an annoying tick from the swing gate that I accidentally fixed by overinflating a bicycle tire inside the sheetmetal (not recommended)
Trim piece by the taillight was rubbing against the swing gate. Free fix.
Driver window sometimes bounces back thinking it's pinching when it isn't.
Pure city driving, battery doesn't get a chance to charge and it goes into Deep Sleep on cold nights unless we put it on a battery tender.

The annoying:
These spend 99% of their time on the road. It'd be nice to have more of the on-road convenience available for the price we're paying.
I'm not asking for massaging seats, pro trailer assist, or active park assist.... but why can't we have Stop-and-Go Cruise or lane centering? All the hardware is there. You can get them on a 34k Sport. Most of us are driving this in the same traffic as Sport owners. It's a standard feature on base-model Corollas nowadays. But no, we have to pay for the Lux package just to get the same level Adaptive Cruise as a 2013 Taurus.

On the Lightning, front obstacle detection brings up the camera view. Why not on the Bronco? It's the same system.

---

That said, it's better than my 2022 Silverado LT (refresh). That truck was leaking transmission fluid from the factory, ADAS camera faulted at 500 miles, backup camera faults out in rain, radio randomly won't work, sometimes the volume gets stuck going up, offline maps are broken, you can accidentally shut off bluetooth with no on-screen means of turning it back on, no comfortable seating position, no Adaptive Cruise Control despite having the camera and a gap adjust button on the steering wheel (radar only used on Supercruise), and so on. Chevy also cheaped out and didn't put a heater on the windshield for the ADAS camera. The dash defogger won't defrost in front of the camera so you get all kinds of warning messages about it being blocked. The auto-highbeams is pretty terrible, too.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
21 Badlands. Lux package. Started life as a non SAS package. 13.5k miles and no real issues. I have squeaks and moans here and there, and it's not super quiet due to the soft top and light bars. Yes, it has plastics, a lot of them. It's a Bronco. It's an off-road vehicle. Its not an SUV, in that vein, its meant to get dirty, go over things you would not normally go over, and just do it fine.

Fast forward, you can read my biggest mods in my sig, but I am far from a stock Bronco now, and I have a very very capable RIG. This is my daily driver, and it is a blast to drive. I am coming from F-150's and I have no regrets.
Sponsored