First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not having followed the Bronco since the reveal to have seen all of Fords misteps that have absolutely nothing to do with Covid.

B&P
Missy
Winch
Camera
Timestamps
Priority orders
Etc, etc, etc.
Sounds like a menu for a live adult video feed……

“Missy” “The Wench” live “camera” feeds specializes in “B&P, etc., etc., etc.,”….. “Priority orders” and confirmed prepaid “timestamps” by reservation only.

Edit: I took artistic liberty with the terms Winch and Wench. 😁

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alaska Air is very highly regarded, especially here in the PNW. We took a Virgin flight after the merger and the interior decor was something to behold.
Its like your flying inside an iPhone.

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford. With the bronco sport.

chevy. With the lot of trailblazers I pass.

toyota. Sellingthe Prius with a discount.

etc etc
You just answered yourself without notice.

You just name vehicles that does have huge markets, like prius, Bronco sport or Trailblazer.

No of those have almost 200K orders in place.

Go and triy to buy a F-150,250,350 or just a Wrangler. By away, I saw a Wrangler Sport in almost 40K.

So try to buy one of those vehicles with any kind of incentive and not with markups.

I know is frustrating but this forum is starting to look more a support anonymous s group than an enthusiast Bronco Forum. Everybody is complaining about something and it gets tired.

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worst mishap for Ford ever? Well let’s see…. the Pinto had a pretty bad design flaw, and Ford decided to basically do nothing about it. Once it got out into the media, it tarnished the image of Ford for a long time.

Before the Pinto, Ford invested the largest amount it ever had into a whole new automobile. It was going to be the future of Ford. By comparison, it was huge compared to the Bronco media and engineering budget. Well, we all know that none of us are driving around in Edsels.

Then around 1999 or so, there was a quality control issue with a supplier (it wasn’t Wabasto). People were afraid to drive their Explorers for fear that the Firestone Wilderness tires were going to explode or fall apart and kill them. The media talked about it every night. I had an Explorer at this time, but rolled the dice and got 45,000 (or more, I can’t remember now) miles out of my Wilderness tires before I got them replaced under recall. Ford bent over backwards to fix this issue, but it hurt them for years.

But now, let’s sell a specialty product with so many ways to customize it with different numbers of doors, different trims, different engines, etc, and giving the people the option to make it just the way they want. Basically a radically different sales model. It proves very successful. Too successful to keep up with demand. That is not a major mishap as suggested originally in this thread.

We all know why it is delayed. I don’t need to discuss that here.

Other companies are experiencing similar delays. Not only the automotive world (corvette, cyber truck, Rivian, I am sure there are others), but look at other industries. Boat builders can’t get enough resin to build boats and some have a 4 year backlog. Yes some boats are getting built, but not at the pre-Covid speed as things aren’t back to normal yet. In the paper industry, some grades of paper are back ordered weeks or months. in addition, look at the ports, where I live near the port of Los Angeles/Long Beach I have never seen so many container ships (I counted over 30 a week ago) sitting offshore waiting to get unloaded.

I think Ford is doing great. They are working to get Broncos out to us as fast as they can. Some people are getting past up because not enough of every part is available to make their awesome Bronco. Would you rather no Broncos get made while they wait for that part to come in? No, Ford isn’t going to do that. In the short term it gets frustrating kind of like going to a grocery store and you think you picked the fastest moving line. But then someone gets out a stack of coupons and wants a price check because they think it was advertised for a different price. You get pissed off, because had you been in the other line, you would have already checked out, while you are stuck waiting. After a brief delay, you get on your way and forget about the trouble. Well that will be us soon. We just have to wait a little longer.

Having been on many automotive forums for all types of brands, I think there are basically 3 people that frequent them. In no particular order; 1st are enthusiasts. They are excited to talk about the brand/product, show off pictures of it, and have friends that like talking about the same. Most forum users (myself included) fall into this category. 2nd are the people who are looking for information. They want to research the product or get peoples opinion. It is more interactive than reading a review in a magazine, and usually they can get their questions answered (by us enthusiasts) pretty quickly. After they get their information, they might not log back in to be a part of the community. The last group is the people that come to a forum to complain. They are the Karen’s of the world that want to speak to a manager. Some of them have true complaints. They are upset at the way a product or service let them down and they want to vent to the members of the forum. They might feel good that they are warning people about their situation, or they want sympathy from other members who have experienced the same.

In the end, just remember that eventually if we want a Bronco we will get it. Like a trail, there are bumps and hills. Let’s ride down that trail, and get to the end and have a beer or soda, or water, or whatever, together (and get back to sharing our love of the outdoors and Bronco).

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean 600,000 dead in a year and 3.8 million world wide. Even if half would have died of pre-existing conditions, old age, or dumb luck. That number would still be worse than WWII American deaths over the course of almost 5 years.

The general public wont even remember a small delay. They will be too busy missing loved ones or just thanking anyone they can pray too that they dont have to wear a mask at walmart.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where do you think this cluck up will land on the list of corporate missteps I understand covid but Ford was woefully unprepared for the demand of this vehicle. So like new coke bad? Or red Sox trading Babe Ruth bad?
Nowhere. LOL.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems the whole “delay” thing is over exaggerated. How far are they off target, exactly? I thought they said available this summer, and it’s just now the beginning of summer. I’m probably way wrong, but it seems like they’re pretty close to being on time... maybe not with specific builds, but on time nonetheless. First day of summer was Sunday, in case ya missed it.

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't get me wrong they are going to be amazing Ford should have known that and been somewhat prepared for actual demand
You can't be this ignorant. Doesn't matter how much they prepared, the chip shortage was going to effect them just like it effected other companies around the world and not just car manufacturers. If you wanna blame anything blame the pandemic. I mean look at the PS5 and Xbox Series X fiasco still going on or the GPU shortage for current gen cards.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford. With the bronco sport.

chevy. With the lot of trailblazers I pass.

toyota. Sellingthe Prius with a discount.

etc etc
I ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands back in Feb., I ended up cancelling the order and buying a Ranger off the lot. Apparently the dealership kept the order active for stock and I keep getting build updates. The first one back in Apr. said it would be built the week of 28 June, then it got pushed to 9 Aug., then 16 Aug, and the last one said the week of 23 Aug.

I see a lot of Sports on the road, but not many Badlands with the bigger engine and upgraded Badlands pkg. The same thing happened to my Salesman and his had been pushed back 5 times the last I heard.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems the whole “delay” thing is over exaggerated. How far are they off target, exactly? I thought they said available this summer, and it’s just now the beginning of summer. I’m probably way wrong, but it seems like they’re pretty close to being on time... maybe not with specific builds, but on time nonetheless. First day of summer was Sunday, in case ya missed it.
They are putting out Broncos and they will soon be in peoples driveways, but they won’t look like the Broncos they’ve been advertising (WT’s and BL’s and FE’s) with Sas packages and MIC tops, etc. and they won’t , for the most part, be in the driveways of the majority of Day 1 and Day 2 reservation holders who have yet to receive build dates.

Ford will make and sell Broncos this year, but let’s not be under the illusion that there aren’t 10’s of thousands of early high end Broncos still in limbo. I’m happy for people that have Broncos coming, but a big part of why several thousand of the day one crowd are still waiting, and several thousand more will be pushed to next year is Fords slimy priority build decision.

I’m past complaining at this point, but it certainly ain’t all roses and trying wade your way through constraints is like a game of Russian roulette. People with late reservations that unexpectedly got builds because they selected stripped down versions of Broncos with soft tops and lower trims are no doubt pleased with how the process has worked out for them. But that process has evolved from what Ford was peddling last year.

Edit: Erock….I’m not sure why it took me so many words to basically say the same thing you did. Just a little salty I suppose and wanted to add context, but you are right and I was not disagreeing with anything you said.

Last edited:

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you tried to order a painted body color or mod top like they showed on reveal day 7/13/20.
They are pretty far off target.
Sponsored