Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a note telling me in which quarter of what year I might get mine would be nice, but in reality all I want is a call or an e-mail from my dealer that it's ready for pickup. Don't care about VIN or window stickers or build week/date and all that, I'd actually rather no know it, as I'd hate to know it's done and built and ready and still will take weeks to get to me, that wait is the irritating one for me.
I know I'll get mine as soon as they can make it, if it has issues they'll fix them, if I don't like it I'll sell it. But I'm not getting worked up about delays or what Ford "owes" me, LOL. They owe me a truck and I'll owe them a chunk of $, that's it.
I'll be paying full, but if they come out with 0% or even 1% financing I might do that and keep my money in the market, even if I hate monthly payments on anything.

I don't need this thing, just drove my old Taco to Oregon and it did just fine after 18 years or no repairs. It'll do fine for much longer I think. I just want this Bronco thing, I know it makes no sense to spend this much on a car, but I want it, can afford it, and I'll get it when I get it. In the mean time my money can keep working in the markets.

I find it kind of silly how some seem to see this like a personal thing, as if Ford decided to keep just their Bronco back or something, LOL. But hey, to each their own, not worth getting worked up about to me.
Sponsored

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a thought for Ford. A fully loaded 4-Runner will cost you $50K. A fully loaded Bronco $60K plus or minus. I believe they should include all oil changes and base services 0 - 50,000 miles.

Then Ford needs to give all of us an estimated Delivery Date plus or minus 4 weeks. This is Basic!

Last edited:

Hooper

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan rogue, have reservation for new bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here are my thoughts.
1. price lock/ guarantee. Every person that ordered their bronco is guarantee no mark up.

2. 0 % financing 78-84 months (if you want it).

I totally understand fords situation but I don't think that they should pay us through the nose. However I think that they could limit there "additional profits". and protect us from a loss of money. Very basic, We get exactly what we paid for.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Suffering? Nobody is being forced to buy a Bronco and last I checked having the opportunity to buy an overpriced toy wasn't a life or death situation. Honest answer.
True... But we don't owe Ford anything. It's a free market, right? So anyone here could go buy something else. And at the same time, anyone here could go buy something else, so Ford should want to acknowledge that and try and keep a customer or 2.

This process will leave a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. And maybe something like the OP suggested, a free oil change or 2 could make that taste a little less bitter.

Then again, time heals all wounds right? Ford will eventually get this right, and they'll start cranking out Broncos and 1yr from now, no one will even care or remember how bad it was as they jump the curb at their local mall in their badass rig. ;)

OP
OP

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
having read all the responses to me there is without a doubt an argument to be made for a free extended warranty. There have been numerous wonky issues that are more deflating to me than delays. Ford should be giving people the piece of mind of 5 or 6 years of warranty. Blown engines, wet phone book roofs (rooves?) loose wiper thingies…
honorable mention would be 0% for financing.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree. Its just a car. I've probably said it a half dozen times on this forum.

Are you healthy?
Is your family healthy?
How are your relationships with the people who matter most to you?
Are you financially secure?

The rest is just frosting on the cake. Its a car. Big freaking deal.

To those who have their fingers crossed that their Bronco will arrive before their current car expires or breaks and causes a fortune to fix, that's a reasonable complaint. But its still not the end of. the world.

Nobody buys a Bronco because they need one. This vehicle is all about wants. Wants can wait.
It's technically closer to a truck. Does that make any difference?

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are any Bronco's being delivered at all? Are they making any at all.
Sponsored