First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Send alcohol instead of posters and stickers - We aren’t children.
Haha, I got my poster yesterday! The USPS was kind enough to fold it in half. There goes spending $200 to frame it.
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
not sure Ford owes us anything, but I am feeling bad about how I have treated my dealer. The longer this goes on the more I think Ford is to blame than their dealers.
My dealer refuses to tell me my place in line reservation-wise at their dealership. They're no better than Ford in this debacle.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stop marketing this thing with their current strategy. When you're the hold-up, you don't brag about how awesome things are going to be once you finally start delivering.
But forum members have told me the Bronco marketing team is obviously top-notch and beyond reproach, hence the huge number of pre-orders. :LOL:

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At this point I think we are all a bit down about how this is rolling out. I’m not looking to point fingers or complain about this or that, there are plenty of threads for that. What I’m wondering is what could Ford do to ease our suffering? What plausible or reasonable offering of gratitude could they make towards making things “right” that wouldn’t get them flamed for trying?
They have tried a couple of hundred thousand Ford points, they threw in free headliners and they reluctantly added the connectors for the hard top. What could be next?

My 1st thought would be X-Plan for all pre 3/2021 orders. Some manufacturers do free oil changes or maintenance for a bit which wouldn’t be terrible either.

*I’m not saying they will do anything, I’m also not saying they have to do anything. I’m only asking if there would be something they could do to dissolve some the the ill will.
Your thoughts, observations and suggestions fall on deaf ears, when the interns at Ford decided that customer satisfaction depends on mass mailing of posters and stickers instead of actual customer service.

Sponsored

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But forum members have told me the Bronco marketing team is obviously top-notch and beyond reproach, hence the huge number of pre-orders. :LOL:
And you know what? I mostly agree with them.

What they're putting out is excellent content and copy. If production were going anywhere close to planned (and there were Broncos on the road in customers' hands) Ford would be aflame selling these things to the point of production constraint all over again. They have obviously spent a lot of time making their content, but they only focused on fanning the flames.

I'd suggest the problem with the marketing isn't the people producing the marketing, it's the executive suite and strategy team that drives the direction of the message. It's their refusal to pivot that's leading to this degree of customer aggression. On their social media channels, 80%+ of their responses are negative.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do know Ford doesn't owe me anything as it's just a business deal that has some problems. But, I wouldn't turn down a Ford extended warranty.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a quote on a wrangler order today. 6k off and 6-8 week delivery.

I really have no idea when this bronco will be built.
6 k off MSRP. Post your dealer’s name I would be very happy to order a Jeep today. Your dealer will get a lot of new business and we can have the Jeep shipped 😊. Thanks for your help . I will tell the dealer you sent me . FOR REAL NO B.S

Sponsored

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And you know what? I mostly agree with them.

What they're putting out is excellent content and copy. If production were going anywhere close to planned (and there were Broncos on the road in customers' hands) Ford would be aflame selling these things to the point of production constraint all over again. They have obviously spent a lot of time making their content, but they only focused on fanning the flames.

I'd suggest the problem with the marketing isn't the people producing the marketing, it's the executive suite and strategy team that drives the direction of the message. It's their refusal to pivot that's leading to this degree of customer aggression. On their social media channels, 80%+ of their responses are negative.

I'd agree but I'm a little confused as to why they would continue to hype the model as if it's imminently available to the general public. I'm sure now that they are hitting the street, people will be seeing them, running to the dealer and getting told there's no way to actually get one. Beside the disappointment to the consumer, the stress the dealers are going to get for it really isn't fair considering they're not responsible for the problem in the first place.

As to the OP's question. I agree with those who are just asking for transparency. Ford should be educating dealers about the production issues and encouraging dealerships to have a point person for all Bronco related communication. I would love to know there was someone to call that I could trust to give me straight answers and timely updates. I'm currently working with my fleet guy for this deal and I don't feel comfortable peppering him with pointed questions about the rumors I hear on the forums.

Short of that some high quality swag wouldn't hurt. I love good swag.

Wickspick

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would settle for frequent updates with actual information that’s meaningful. Honest and complete communication would go far with a reasonable minded person.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Ford could pay for, or provide a voucher for a hypnotist that could hypnotize me and convince me I’ve been fishing (like on Office Space) or some other enjoyable activity for the past year, and effective until my Bronco arrives…….in the famous words of Lumberger “that would be great”.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the headliner flakes like your greasy cousins scalp. The ford points are cool but only if you have a Ford to spend it on and the connectors should be free as an addition anyway.

What they really should do is offer a full warranty extension for an extra 10/20/30k miles on all first year owners. With the quirks coming out, i don't want to be left with a 4 year old car that has an incredible amount of gremlins. They should have a make it right policy for all the first year orders.

Their botch of this rollout is costing them as much brand affinity as it is $$ on their balance sheets. People are starting to bail on this whole thing and it just overall isn't a situation with a single winnable strategy. Give the first year orders something no one else has, a better warranty and a guarantee to fast track any issues that come up.

Everything above is a pipe dream though and we're probably going to get a shitty mug that isn't even dishwasher safe. Oh well.
It’s funny there are people on this forum that have some fantastic Solutions to help the Ford company and the customers. It’s a shame they are not Ford decision makers. But I guess I’m being silly because if they wore Ford would not be in the mess. 🤣

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The truth is, Ford should just be communicating what is going on.

It's clear there are problems. I think they feel like if they communicate those problems, it will make them look bad, but reality is they are making themselves look bad by leaving customers in limbo.

It's not 1982 and people can talk to one another. It's just a different world.

If Ford came out, not with the "stay pumped" stuff, but with real information and shared it publicly, it would go a long way to letting the customers feel like a part of the process.

The reality is, the logical side of my brain says, "This is the new normal we have been hearing about since last spring when we shut down he world." The emotional side of my brain says, "Just let me know what's going on so I can plan my life."

That's all anyone really needs from Ford.
Sponsored