First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camry XSE V6, 2021 2 door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Toyota guy (multiple Tacoma’s, Tundra’s, and an FJ) Saw the early ads for the Bronco and loved the 2 door SAS. Went to Ford in 2021 and found out I couldn’t buy one as they were not really available.

Stumbled across an ad in Auto Trader for a 2 door, 2.7, SAS, BASE located 15 miles south of me with 75 miles from a private party. Dude ordered it in 2020 and never thought it would show so he bought a Jeep. Bronco showed up in Jan 2022 and he wanted to sell.

Bought it in Jan 22 and currently have 5800 miles ( I have a work car). Other than getting the tailgate replaced because of the rattle/ticking, it’s been the funnest vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel!

Ford Bronco Honest reviews and build quality? IMG_1412
Sponsored

Last edited:

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone sitting on a 2024 MY order for a 4 door obx with lux package and modular bumper just looking for honest reviews of the bronco and the reliability/quality of it and input from the community to see the pros and cons!
If you’re focused on reliability buy a 4 Runner. Easy-peasy.

But, quality can mean lots of things in the eye of the beholder.

My Bronco is like the Harley-Davidsons I’ve owned. Reliability not expected. Reliability not received. Noisy. Inefficient. Old school. At times, frustrating.

Yet joyful and endearing. I’d buy it again, and again, and again.

It’s the quality of EXPERIENCE that results from loving it.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2023 BD 2 door, non Sas, 2.7L Advanced hardtop. Only 1k miles but no issues to date and I really enjoy this truck. Looks great, rides well. And despite other negative comments I have no issue with road or wind noise, the radio is fine, and the interior quality is more than acceptable. The MGV seats are terrific too. It’s not like my Range Rover Sport but it’s also not +$30k more and isn’t meant to be. It’s hard to say why but it’s just a really enjoyable ride to own.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

23 Wildtrak 2.7 with 14,000 miles in 10 months. Has been perfect with zero issues - far better than I expected. It was an adjustment (I knew what I was getting into) coming from a long line of German cars but once you settle in to what this truck is and why is was built - its a joy. There is something about it that just keeps me smiling. I have determined that there my be a better fit for me based upon my work/driving needs but I cant let this rig go. I love it!
Exactly. There’s just something about it when you’re behind the wheel and on the road.

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2022 2 door Base Sas with 7MT. I love the vehicle. Waiting on parts to fix leaking rear axle. I have a trip end of next month. Hope to have it back soon so I can do some short runs to make sure everything is good. Would hate to be on the trip and notice it leaking again. It's a great driving vehicle. Miles and smiles.

Sponsored

a.smith

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm at just 400 something miles on a new Outer Banks 4 door. I just discovered the driver door has been rubbing on the fender, scratching the paint. Great. It was a 5 minute door alignment fix with a 13mm wrench. A bit annoyed the paint is scratched. That's the only real problem I've identified. I also noticed a few panels with factory paint chips on an edge. The general fit and finish is what I'd call "sloppy" honestly. Despite that the truck seems solid and is a lot of fun.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've owned mine for about two years now and have put on about 23,000 miles on the odometer.

Overall, I'm very happy with my Bronco, both on and off-road. I've not had a single issue and it's actually exceeded all of my expectations. It's the most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. I'm up in the mountains here in Colorado on a regular basis...off-roading, mountain biking, running, fishing, etc. It's an adventure in and of itself while off-roading, but it also allows me to experience many other adventures outside of the Bronco.

I'd definitely do it all over again!

Broncobluelakes2.jpeg

broncotelluride.jpg

broncodozer.jpeg

broncotelluride.jpeg

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also noticed a few panels with factory paint chips on an edge. The general fit and finish is what I'd call "sloppy" honestly. Despite that the truck seems solid and is a lot of fun.
Agree 100%. Shoddy assembly, plastic that apparently is made to biodegrade and does with the slightest contact, etc., but fun to drive. I just hope the drivetrain holds together in the long run.

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘91 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have about 5,500 miles on my ‘23 2-dr Badlands. I have the manual trans issue so many others have (rock tumbling cement mixer), but that won’t apply to your OBX.

Other than that, which is a Getrag quality screw up, I don’t have any issues with my Bronco.

MGV seats are nice, and Ford’s seat heaters are top notch. No interior issues, no leaking seals, or electrical gremlins, etc.

The gauge cluster is not the greatest. Not sure who approved that layout, but they dropped the ball on that one. IMO. Also the wind noise is pretty nuts, factory hard top and roof rails.

Billy Baroo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
3 weeks ago, Ford gave me the Union Pacific Railcar number my 2023 Wildtrak 2-door LUX was being shipped on. For 7-days, I followed her all the way to Southern California. I took the beast home 2 weeks ago, what a great drive. Yeah, the roof rack makes wind noise, but I just turn up the B&O and cruise PCH.

Ford Wildtrak.jpg

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2D Badlands, 2.3 Auto ,Lux non Sasquatch. Enjoy the Bronco very much. The only two things Ford has no excuse for is the hard top issues and the windows that rattle when partially down. No excuse for either of these two issues. I have fortunately not been subject to any of the top quality issues, but the window rattle is what every Bronco suffers. Ford had plenty of engineering time to get both the top and the window issues straightened out. Delay in top manufacturing fell solely on the top contractor. Design and signing off on such falls on Ford. The window rattle? No excuse can be provided. It is just a huge fail on the engineering department. Other than these two issues, my one “ wish” would have been for a small block V8. The Broncos design and appearance screams for a V8. Enjoy your ride like I and thousands are.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have to parrot what a lot of folks here are saying:

Super fun truck, and I love it, which is good because there are no end of little things that pop up

I have a ‘23 BB 7MT, got it this past June and at 11k on it. Very first thing I did was rip out the speakers and redo the sound system.

My first bit of advice is consider gettin the Ford Performance tune. Not that the little 4cyl is bad at stock, but the tune completely changes the attitude of that little guy at lower RPMs.

I don’t care for all the plastic on the interior, Sync is a bit glitchy and slow (could be that mine is one of those Covid build we-ran-out-of-chips and they made a crappy substitute or something). Rattles and creeks that I’m constantly working out: I’ve added a box of Dynamat, several feet of extra weatherstripping, and I go through a good deal silicon grease - but I think I’ve finally got it down to just a couple of usual culprits by now.

Despite all that -there is never a time where I’ve regretted it. The fact that there are a dozen choices to do just about anything you would like to do with the vehicle still amazes me, and no two Broncos I see out in the wild are ever the same.

Hope you like the phrase “Accessory Ready” and enjoy the order!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi everyone sitting on a 2024 MY order for a 4 door obx with lux package and modular bumper just looking for honest reviews of the bronco and the reliability/quality of it and input from the community to see the pros and cons!
It’s an amazing vehicle. But, remember. It’s a $35,000 vehicle with upgrades. Some of which are not worth the $, in my opinion. Lower expectations on interior materials and dash/cluster design.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok old guy here, I have no brand loyalty here had everything from chevy cavalier to MB SL550 with a F150 and cj5 mixed in over the years. It’s more about what your expectations are if you’re thinking you got the lux package so it’s a luxury vehicle prepare yourself for a let down. My Bronco is 22obx 2dr non sasq I ordered with cloth 2.3 at and lux. The only recall I’ve had was for windshield sealant my opinion build quality c+ and materials specifically interior and hard top c- the cloth seats are the only piece of the interior that are c grade everything else is sub std the top is well documented and if I could have ordered with soft top only I would have. Now back to expectations I wanted 2dr 4x4 that was freeway freely and solid off road (I ordered rear locker 4.27 rear) lux package gives you some nice technology that I luv but not really any more luxury then base model with all that said it is exactly what I thought it would be no complaints and my favorite is non sas is an open canvas to customize the way you like
Sponsored