seankelley9

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone sitting on a 2024 MY order for a 4 door obx with lux package and modular bumper just looking for honest reviews of the bronco and the reliability/quality of it and input from the community to see the pros and cons!
Sponsored

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 22OBX non SAS with lux package and modular bumper with 2.3 engine, 10 speed auto with hard top. 19200 miles. To sum it up the vehicle is outstanding better than I ever expected. So far my only dealer visits are for oil changes and tire rotation. It’s the perfect daily driver and does great off road even without the SAS package. So enjoy yours when it arrives. That’s when the fun really starts.

OP
OP

seankelley9

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 22OBX non SAS with lux package and modular bumper with 2.3 engine, 10 speed auto with hard top. 19200 miles. To sum it up the vehicle is outstanding better than I ever expected. So far my only dealer visits are for oil changes and tire rotation. It’s the perfect daily driver and does great off road even without the SAS package. So enjoy yours when it arrives. That’s when the fun really starts.
Awesome also getting the 2.3 with hard top so thanks for the input!!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, Ford is Ford. It ain't a Toyota reliability-wise, but it ain't a Yugo, either. There are problems, but even with those problems, I would say the vast majority of Bronco owners still love their Bronco, even if the cam phasers fail and the computer's on the fritz. This forum overrepresents problems too.

I have a 23 2dr BL Sas w/2.3 and High package and while I have things that annoy me, none of them (so far...) make me regret anything. I do wish I had the HD steering (already...) the BL gets in 2024, but I also paid about $12k less for basically the same BL Sas without it.

Overall, I think you'll enjoy the heck out of it. They are fun to drive just about everywhere.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Remember the internet is around a 15:1 negative to positive ratio of content.

People also tend to parrot each other over and over.

It’s a modern Ford. Should be as reliable as any other modern Ford.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2022 2dr BD 2.3 7mt, hard top, modular bumper, block heater. I love this truck! 35k miles 1 year later, regular oil changes and tire rotations at 5k. All is great, except... the known grinding/scraping of the 7mt. I'll bring it in once it gets colder and the noises are more pronounced.

I don't off-road so I can't speak to that. Use 4A in the winter which has been great. Used 4L a couple times getting to a camping spot.

Filled the modular bumper with lights, used up all my aux switches.

Reading this forum for a couple years before mine arrived, I was set on getting the extended warranty. Haven't used it so far, knock on wood.

You'll love it, enjoy!

DougF

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone sitting on a 2024 MY order for a 4 door obx with lux package and modular bumper just looking for honest reviews of the bronco and the reliability/quality of it and input from the community to see the pros and cons!
I bought a 2023 Badlands sas with 2.7 and high package. A couple hundred miles on the clock and the rear axle seal failed resulting in having to replace the axle (Ford replaced under warranty). Other than that…(knock on wood) no issues. It drives great, feels great and takes the trails like a hero. It’s my wife’s favorite car to drive. That said, while I LOVE this forum, going through all of the threads makes me skiddish (“this broke, that problem, Ford this and that) and I worry about the “what could go wrong” issues raised here. Luckily, so far, nothing to worry about. I love this truck but am keeping my fingers crossed. Enjoy yours.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2022 OBX Sasquatch with Lux package (10k miles at this moment).
Mine was repainted under warranty right after the purchase. By 3k miles multiple squeaks and rattles have developed in the swing gate. I had to fix them myself because the dealer was absolutely useless. Now it's going through the second hardtop replacement. Despite all that, I still love this brick-shaped machine.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've pretty much been a smart a$$ about Ford quality coming from an actual imported Toyota and others most of my life. So far I'm a thousand miles in on my first ever new Ford and no issues, build quality is pretty good, everything lines up and it's started and got me to work and back everyday. Is it cheap? yep, there's no denying everything around you is plastic or built to a budget and no matter what the bottom line on your sticker states it's still based on the cheapest base model bronco but congrats, you now have leather seats. Am I happy with it? yes I am!

Now is it better than my 16 year old FJ? uhh, jury is still out on that one. My Bronco is more fun to drive with the manual, power is about the same when you add in the extra weight, gas mileage is better and of course the top comes off! Do I see the Bronco holding together as well as the FJ has, nope, I don't.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

22 BD 4dr here with the 6/auto....17k miles now. Not one problem other than the first 10 minutes driving away from dealer (loose sensor)....

Drove Toyotas for 34 years, and not had a lick of trouble with the Bronco, thankfully, Very impressed.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reviews are gonna run the spectrum of people who bleed Ford blue to those that had an issue and will never buy a Ford again.

I have 12k miles on my '21 BL moar doar non-Squatch 2.3 manual softie high package and haven't had any issues with the exception of some TSB work.

My wife put 11k miles on another 21' BL moar door non-Squatch 2.7 auto MIC lux without issue. And has since sold that for a '23 OBX moar door Squatch 2.7 auto MIC lux and currently has 5k issue free miles.

Take that for what's worth.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My honest review... Ford dropped the ball on quality. It's a fun truck but MAN is it full of TONS of things that need to be fixed. Nothing major but all these little things add up.

It's still a fun truck but the quality isn't there.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Original day 1 reservation holder here... Got my 2021 2-door BaseSquatch mid January 2022.

For the past 20+ years, I've been exclusively purchasing German & Japanese vehicles. After several long trips with the Bronco, I've had exactly zero issues. I couldn't be happier!

Last edited:

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Its been all smiles for me outside of price and the subwoofer rattling. My bronco has way better build quality than my 2023 F150 Raptor had....that thing was possessed by a spirit.
Sponsored