First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where do you think this cluck up will land on the list of corporate missteps I understand covid but Ford was woefully unprepared for the demand of this vehicle. So like new coke bad? Or red Sox trading Babe Ruth bad?
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think for most people as soon as they get their Bronco they won't care. For others this will be the most disastrous event of their life and they will curse Ford forever. 😁

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you think this cluck up will land on the list of corporate missteps I understand covid but Ford was woefully unprepared for the demand of this vehicle. So like new coke bad? Or red Sox trading Babe Ruth bad?
Where precisely? It will be exactly in the "never even mentioned by anyone, ever" category.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think for most people as soon as they get their Bronco they won't care. For others this will be the most disastrous event of their life and they will curse Ford forever 😁
Don't get me wrong they are going to be amazing Ford should have known that and been somewhat prepared for actual demand

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think for most people as soon as they get their Bronco they won't care. For others this will be the most disastrous event of their life and they will curse Ford forever. 😁
That is very sad but true. Luckily most will be in the former camp, rather than the later.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was thinking on the scale of the Edmonton Oilers trading Wayne Gretzky, but at least with this a whole country didn't convulse and went on a week long bender at the thought.

So, it's more like Alaska Airlines buying Virgin America and doing away with a much better brand. Some people were really pissed (myself included), but eventually got over it....but I did switch my airline flying to Delta.

OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where precisely? It will be exactly in the "never even mentioned by anyone, ever" category.
Probably depends on how far back 21s will be pushed back

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't get me wrong tugged are going to be amazing Ford should have known that and been somewhat prepared for actual demand
I believe that Ford was well prepared for the demand. Unfortunately their suppliers were not.

Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Misstep, cluster, etc. are certainly relative terms. The vast majority of customers have a fraction of the insight we do because of this forum. Therefore, few ride the rollercoaster of emotions we do. As far as the public is concerned, it will be, "Oh hey, cool, a new Bronco."

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one cares except the people who read this board regularly. There won't be anything to remember.
That's the thing...no one outside knows anything other than "Bronco is coming out and has huge demand and a huge waiting list"...and that's for car enthusiasts. That's a positive for FORD in every sense. Even most order holders mistakenly just chalk the delays up to "chip delays" that are hurting all manufacturers. Bottom line: No impact....but if anything, a positive as FOMO builds as they start showing up and people think demand is just sky high. Ford wins....

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking on the scale of the Edmonton Oilers trading Wayne Gretzky, but at least with this a whole country didn't convulse and went on a week long bender at the thought.

So, it's more like Alaska Airlines buying Virgin America and doing away with a much better brand. Some people were really pissed (myself included), but eventually got over it....but I did switch my airline flying to Delta.
Alaska Air is very highly regarded, especially here in the PNW. We took a Virgin flight after the merger and the interior decor was something to behold.

mjopp

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its so very weird to see people attempt to compare Ford's rollout of the Bronco in the middle of a pandemic and chip shortage to mishaps in other industries in the past.

There will be 6th gen Ford Bronco early adopters who will probably complain about it for years, but the rest of the car world will only remember how in 2020/2021 used car and rental car prices went through the roof and overall car supply was extremely low. There is so much more going on in the international automotive space than Bronco scheduling delays.
Sponsored