First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn't really a mess up at all by Ford as evidenced by the fact that you are still here. If this was a mess up then you would have cancelled your order and moved onto something else. But no, just like everyone else on here you will be just like a little puppy waiting for his treat. You will take it anytime Ford delivers and be damn glad you go it! :D
It appears that you (as well as others suggesting people cancel if they don't like the process) are having trouble separating the product from the customer service, or experience, if you will. Your assertion that if the process was less than average, people would not follow through on the purchase is puzzling. Have you ever been standing in a poorly managed rollercoaster line where people jump in front of your after waiting for an hour? Do you grumble and wait slightly longer in the blazing sun for your turn, perhaps vent to those around you or to the park owner, or do you silently leave the line and abandon your time spent there because it seems unfair?

The buying experience is intertwined with the product experience and it may take a lot of shit buying experience before it exceeds the perceived value of the product, but it all adds up. Human nature, being what it is, folks will let stuff slide but it build up a tiny bit of resentment. If you have ever had a big, blow out, relationship ending argument, you know it is not about whatever the agreement is about, but the final straw if all the little aggravations that came before.

I gripe about Ford's timeline and statement choices when we find out later they they appear to not have been made in good faith because I find it cathartic to some extent, blowing off steam instead of letting it fester. I am not in the position where I need another vehicle, nor am I concerned about the Fed jumping interest rates, due to the 1970's style inflation we are experiencing, before my Bronco is delivered. Some people will find that the increasing cost associated (purchase/fuel/interest/dropping 401(k) numbers) is the proverbial final straw and will drop out in six or eight months, others will need a vehicle and be forced to drop out. Still others will be (un) surprised when Ford chooses to to alter the deal further or throw another round of priority orders or whatever, and they will go. It won't be about a new priority order (since they stayed through the first one), it will be the additive total of all the broken promises and so forth.

How many would have done a reservation, perhaps put down a larger deposit at a dealer, if they knew then what they know now? I don't know the answer, but it would be less.

Short version is that people won't quit after complaining, complaining means they still care, so encouraging them to cancel is a waste of time, unless you get some thrill or feeling of superiority by doing it, which is an issue beyond random internet forums to address. When they get that final straw, you won't hear from them at all, they'll just be gone.

I knew a guy who actually did act like you suggest, whenever he got crappy service or food at a restaurant, he never went back. We had to expand our lunch place radius immensely to accommodate his wishes in very short order. Eventually he brown bagged it, not enough time to drive out to a place he didn't excommunicate and back during lunch.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not even close to either of those.

They are only a few months behind on a major launch with a brand new vehicle during a pandemic. This is nothing.
I'll go as far as a corporate evaluation of what the Bronco team did right.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears that you (as well as others suggesting people cancel if they don't like the process) are having trouble separating the product from the customer service, or experience, if you will. Your assertion that if the process was less than average, people would not follow through on the purchase is puzzling. Have you ever been standing in a poorly managed rollercoaster line where people jump in front of your after waiting for an hour? Do you grumble and wait slightly longer in the blazing sun for your turn, perhaps vent to those around you or to the park owner, or do you silently leave the line and abandon your time spent there because it seems unfair?

The buying experience is intertwined with the product experience and it may take a lot of shit buying experience before it exceeds the perceived value of the product, but it all adds up. Human nature, being what it is, folks will let stuff slide but it build up a tiny bit of resentment. If you have ever had a big, blow out, relationship ending argument, you know it is not about whatever the agreement is about, but the final straw if all the little aggravations that came before.

I gripe about Ford's timeline and statement choices when we find out later they they appear to not have been made in good faith because I find it cathartic to some extent, blowing off steam instead of letting it fester. I am not in the position where I need another vehicle, nor am I concerned about the Fed jumping interest rates, due to the 1970's style inflation we are experiencing, before my Bronco is delivered. Some people will find that the increasing cost associated (purchase/fuel/interest/dropping 401(k) numbers) is the proverbial final straw and will drop out in six or eight months, others will need a vehicle and be forced to drop out. Still others will be (un) surprised when Ford chooses to to alter the deal further or throw another round of priority orders or whatever, and they will go. It won't be about a new priority order (since they stayed through the first one), it will be the additive total of all the broken promises and so forth.

How many would have done a reservation, perhaps put down a larger deposit at a dealer, if they knew then what they know now? I don't know the answer, but it would be less.

Short version is that people won't quit after complaining, complaining means they still care, so encouraging them to cancel is a waste of time, unless you get some thrill or feeling of superiority by doing it, which is an issue beyond random internet forums to address. When they get that final straw, you won't hear from them at all, they'll just be gone.

I knew a guy who actually did act like you suggest, whenever he got crappy service or food at a restaurant, he never went back. We had to expand our lunch place radius immensely to accommodate his wishes in very short order. Eventually he brown bagged it, not enough time to drive out to a place he didn't excommunicate and back during lunch.
The running joke is that the more people we encourage to cancel their order instead of endlessly whining just moves everyone else up in line. And removes more whiners.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you tried to order a painted body color or mod top like they showed on reveal day 7/13/20.
They are pretty far off target.
Go read the fine print again and get back to us.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as the vehicle doesn't have any major issues it won't register as anything. You have to look at against the botched roll out of the Explorer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can't be this ignorant. Doesn't matter how much they prepared, the chip shortage was going to effect them just like it effected other companies around the world and not just car manufacturers. If you wanna blame anything blame the pandemic. I mean look at the PS5 and Xbox Series X fiasco still going on or the GPU shortage for current gen cards.
You must be though since the chips weren't ever the problem with delays how many chips are in a hard top? A tow package? Please let me know

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go read the fine print again and get back to us.
I can't, Ford pulled those options off the website months and months ago when they couldn't deliver.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Misstep, cluster, etc. are certainly relative terms. The vast majority of customers have a fraction of the insight we do because of this forum. Therefore, few ride the rollercoaster of emotions we do. As far as the public is concerned, it will be, "Oh hey, cool, a new Bronco."
I didn't read all ten pages so this may have been addressed...the average non-Bronco enthusiast doesn't realize that the Sport is not what most of us have ordered. They're the ones who ask, "I saw a Bronco today, why don't you have yours yet?" The general public knows almost nothing about the Bronco.

I was hoping to drive mine July 4th weekend. Looks like it will be closer to late September. When I drive home from Leonardtown Ford, I'll be grateful that I'm in the truck I've wanted since I was a kid, a rig I can get excited about, not just another middle aged white guy in a Subaru. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. A few months' delay isn't even a blip in the grand scheme of things.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't, Ford pulled those options off the website months and months ago when they couldn't deliver.
You mean the one that said that pre-production features are subject to change? Statements that are put in for people like you.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At the end of the day this is true
Exactly. Considering the delays in the light of the pandemic and the worldwide supply chain impact, it's not that bad IMO.

If you are a person that is replacing a vehicle on its last legs, then that was not a good plan regardless of COVID. The Bronco is a new vehicle launch, which is bound to have delays even in the best of times. What has made the launch seem unsuccessful is we all ordered from the manufacturer and expect delivery from its private franchise affiliates, which makes the commodity delays more apparent.

It is a first world problem. Half the world's population worries about food as a first-priority issue.

OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly. Considering the delays in the light of the pandemic and the worldwide supply chain impact, it's not that bad IMO.

If you are a person that is replacing a vehicle on its last legs, then that was not a good plan regardless of COVID. The Bronco is a new vehicle launch, which is bound to have delays even in the best of times. What has made the launch seem unsuccessful is we all ordered from the manufacturer and expect delivery from its private franchise affiliates, which makes the commodity delays more apparent.

It is a first world problem. Half the world's population worries about food as a first-priority issue.
But what else would we have to bitch about lol

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You mean the one that said that pre-production features are subject to change? Statements that are put in for people like you.
Oh... people like me.
Can you show me the part where I even cared what some corporate lawyer's weasel-worded statement said?
I just expressed my opinion that I didn't agree with another member that Ford was "on target". It's called an "opinion"
Yes "people like me".
Sponsored