Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either of these ideas would work, I think. They would have to pay dealers to to do either, make up profit lost to X plan or for maintenance.

"My 1st thought would be X-Plan for all pre 3/2021 orders. Some manufacturers do free oil changes or maintenance for a bit which wouldn’t be terrible either."

As far as something that won't get them flamed on the forum...good luck.
I feel all of the ideas here and would love to see Ford do something.

However

Ford knows they have a money maker in this Bronco. Ford has also had a hard time financially these past 5 years, so they have some issues, mostly with cash. More important, the dealers have had a very hard time since COVID and weren't doing well before.

Farley trying to shift buying to the 21st Century model likely has dealerships spooked since ordering cars technically doesn't need to be done in a store. In fact, no one likes going to dealerships anyway and most knowledge of a particular model or general options is easy to get on the internets.

Basically, Ford doesn't want to put up the money any longer to build a mass amount of cars, then there are the industry shifts to electric which are very difficult to predict.

It's a perfect storm and on top of that (pun) Ford can't even build a damn fiberglass roof for a vehicle in which they have over 130,000 orders. Basically they're fucked.

All of that to say, they can't afford to give these away at cost. They do know that once these first orders finally get out the door, they'll sell a ton more since all of you guys are already out looking cool as shit with the Broncos they have delivered thus far.

Basically, it's like dating a supermodel who doesn't sleep with you. Sure, everything looks cool, but deep down you've got a serious case of the blue balls; it's like that. 🥶
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got a quote on a wrangler order today. 6k off and 6-8 week delivery.

I really have no idea when this bronco will be built.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was watching one of the Munro engineering videos on YT and he made a good point. Outsourcing is one thing but you end up losing the ability to engineer that stuff in house, you lose your SME in that given area.

The whole time he was saying that I thought of Wabasto and this roof. Sure Ford apparently engineered the top and maybe hand built some. They lost the ability to produce and are now at the whim of a supplier.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eliminate the 6 month in-service requirement for FCTP mannequins with the following stipulations:
  • They must be offered first to dealer's reservation holders.
  • They are capped at MSRP and discounted $1 for each mile that has been driven since delivery.
  • If no dealer reservation holders accept the mannequins in lieu of their existing order, then they are offered to existing reservation holders before the general public.
It wouldn't solve a large number of orders, but at least it would lessen the sting of seeing a similar build sitting on a dealer's lot while a reservation holder can't get theirs built.

Ford can then replace the dealer mannequins with builds made in the first week of December before the MY changeover. While everyone wants their Bronco, I presume there isn't a large demand to have a MY'21 Bronco built in December delivered in CY'22.

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol considering the mic top was only a $695 option
The MIC top was a $695 Add Delta to whatever they assume the Webasto soft top was/is worth, about $1,600-2,000ish if I recall. Wasn't in the 4 door camp, so I didn't pay too much attention to the price options between hard, soft, both options.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I think we are all a bit down about how this is rolling out. I’m not looking to point fingers or complain about this or that, there are plenty of threads for that. What I’m wondering is what could Ford do to ease our suffering? What plausible or reasonable offering of gratitude could they make towards making things “right” that wouldn’t get them flamed for trying?
They have tried a couple of hundred thousand Ford points, they threw in free headliners and they reluctantly added the connectors for the hard top. What could be next?

My 1st thought would be X-Plan for all pre 3/2021 orders. Some manufacturers do free oil changes or maintenance for a bit which wouldn’t be terrible either.

*I’m not saying they will do anything, I’m also not saying they have to do anything. I’m only asking if there would be something they could do to dissolve some the the ill will.
Well the headliner flakes like your greasy cousins scalp. The ford points are cool but only if you have a Ford to spend it on and the connectors should be free as an addition anyway.

What they really should do is offer a full warranty extension for an extra 10/20/30k miles on all first year owners. With the quirks coming out, i don't want to be left with a 4 year old car that has an incredible amount of gremlins. They should have a make it right policy for all the first year orders.

Their botch of this rollout is costing them as much brand affinity as it is $$ on their balance sheets. People are starting to bail on this whole thing and it just overall isn't a situation with a single winnable strategy. Give the first year orders something no one else has, a better warranty and a guarantee to fast track any issues that come up.

Everything above is a pipe dream though and we're probably going to get a shitty mug that isn't even dishwasher safe. Oh well.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A free 2021 MACH 1 with track pack would take a bit of the sting away. Two would of course be better. One white, one orange.
Only an original GT40 would be adequate compensation for me. @Ford Motor Company DM me and we can set up delivery.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Eliminate the 6 month in-service requirement for FCTP mannequins with the following stipulations:
  • They must be offered first to dealer's reservation holders.
  • They are capped at MSRP and discounted $1 for each mile that has been driven since delivery.
  • If no dealer reservation holders accept the mannequins in lieu of their existing order, then they are offered to existing reservation holders before the general public.
It wouldn't solve a large number of orders, but at least it would lessen the sting of seeing a similar build sitting on a dealer's lot while a reservation holder can't get theirs built.

Ford can then replace the dealer mannequins with builds made in the first week of December before the MY changeover. While everyone wants their Bronco, I presume there isn't a large demand to have a MY'21 Bronco built in December delivered in CY'22.
I like it. Put butts in 3,000+ broncos tomorrow and relieve some of the pressure on your order system, plus garner some good will.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like it. Put butts in 3,000+ broncos tomorrow and relieve some of the pressure on your order system, plus garner some good will.
I know it wouldn't solve a huge backlog. But for a few reservation holders that are flexible on the builds, it is a way to move the line and create good will. No shenanigans with ADM. And in 4 months, Ford can build new demo vehicles. Some want their Bronco no matter when it is delivered. But it doesn't make a ton of sense for anyone to take delivery in January '22 of their MY'21 Bronco. With the 6 month in-service requirement re-instituted, Then there will be less incentive for dealers to tack on ADM on a MY'21 demo Bronco in June '22.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest, NO, I don’t think there’s anything they can do that will ease the tensions for most... other than just deliver the Broncos. Seems every effort they’ve made has been met with more criticism. The whole “just give me my date” thing would only be complained about because someone was in front of someone else. Seems like a “no win” situation to me.

fr8ycat

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do I want Ford to do,?
Hold me, wipe away my tears and tell me I'm a winner.
Then whisper in my ear... "You're good enough, You're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you. "

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would switch to the Big Bend if the High Package was available, at this point I would just like my Bronco ASAP.
Sponsored