Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think there is enough thread on the stock bolts to do a 1" body lift? I know sometimes the stock bolts are pretty long. Thanks.
3/4” is about as tall as you can go with stock bolts. The front two barely thread with that size spacer and the other bolts it’s about perfect for the available thread.
Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3/4” is about as tall as you can go with stock bolts. The front two barely thread with that size spacer and the other bolts it’s about perfect for the available thread.
Bronc Buster has a full kit if you want to check them out.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think there is enough thread on the stock bolts to do a 1" body lift? I know sometimes the stock bolts are pretty long. Thanks.
There may be. they thread in quite a way. What I did was took one out, stacked 2 pucks between the safety washer and the frame mount, and tried to thread it in. 2 pucks no way...but 1 I didn't try. The 6 13mm ones are all the same length. The 12mm front ones for the core support might be longer, but those you can get no problem.

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
There may be. they thread in quite a way. What I did was took one out, stacked 2 pucks between the safety washer and the frame mount, and tried to thread it in. 2 pucks no way...but 1 I didn't try. The 6 13mm ones are all the same length. The 12mm front ones for the core support might be longer, but those you can get no problem.
Awesome! Thanks! That is what I plan to do, 1" or 3/4" body lift. I do not want any crazy bumper gaps or wheel well gaps. Body lift pucks can be found on ebay, I found a guy that makes custom ones. His ebay store is waker_mikie

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome! Thanks! That is what I plan to do, 1" or 3/4" body lift. I do not want any crazy bumper gaps or wheel well gaps. Body lift pucks can be found on ebay, I found a guy that makes custom ones. His ebay store is waker_mikie
They make custom ones at your local ice rink...alot of times they will just give em to ya! Well tested!

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 2" of body lift on mine. Homemade hockey puck lift. Same as the 2 puck on my 90 FSB, but WAY easier. I have done three pucks in the past, but stopped due to NVH issues. New Bronco is perfect for body lift...literally the easiest I have ever done. The intermediate shaft has PLENTY of flex...no need to lengthen, the air cleaner snorkle is no problem, and all wiring/cables/etc are more than long enough. No mechanical fan to deal with...it's just so perfect. The only issue is the body bolts are 2x M12x1.75 (no problem there) and 6x M13x1.75. The length you want is 200mm. NOBODY in the known universe makes a M13x1.75x200mm bolt...it simply isn't done. I had to make my own. I took M14x2.0x200mm bolts and rethreaded them (I found M13x1.75 dies readily available). This was tedious, and I ordered extras in case a effed them up (which I did a few). Other than that it went like clockwork, and I now run true 37s w/no rub and full flex after frame trimming

IMG_6147.jpg
Bronc Buster has a full kit if you want to check them out.
I was thinking of the BroncBooster Body Lift Kit while reading @Bmadda's post. Very similar comments, even down to the custom bolts...

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Body Lifts with the broncos IFS 3InchBodyLiftKit_1024x1024

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anybody has an inside source, find out where they get those bolts! They charge $400 for that!
Watch the YouTube video at the bottom of my prior post. Those bolts were custom made in house, probably similar to what you had to do.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watch the YouTube video at the bottom of my prior post. Those bolts were custom made in house, probably similar to what you had to do.
They are prettier than mine! Also I was able to reuse the safety washers. They are captured on the original bolt w/a knurl. Can be pounded out, then holes enlarged w/a unibit to fit the 14mm bolt (I only rethreaded the 1st 2" of the bolt, the rest fits as a 14mm no problem!).

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are prettier than mine! Also I was able to reuse the safety washers. They are captured on the original bolt w/a knurl. Can be pounded out, then holes enlarged w/a unibit to fit the 14mm bolt (I only rethreaded the 1st 2" of the bolt, the rest fits as a 14mm no problem!).
Their body lift kit is $550 for the 3.0" lift, plus $295 for the HD front modular bumper relocate bracket, $320 for the rear powder coated bumper relocate bracket, and $220 for the adaptive cruise relocate bracket. Close to $1,400 total for the entire 3.0" body lift package.

I assume with your 2" lift, you did not have to relocate your bumpers?

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Their body lift kit is $550 for the 3.0" lift, plus $295 for the HD front modular bumper relocate bracket, $320 for the rear powder coated bumper relocate bracket, and $220 for the adaptive cruise relocate bracket. Close to $1,400 total for the entire 3.0" body lift package.

I assume with your 2" lift, you did not have to relocate your bumpers?
I have the ford winch on my front, so not gonna relocate. As far as the rear, I am considering an aftermarket bumper, or homebuilt...not sure what I wana do yet. Nobody HAS to relocate bumpers...just alot of people find the extra gap unsightly. Trick from the old days? Cut a piece of plastic garden edging and shove it between the bumper and the body. Nobody will look twice at it ever again!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bmadda would it be easier to tap the nut to 1/2-13… there’s not a huge difference in the pitch or diameter… or is that not plausible?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Bmadda would it be easier to tap the nut to 1/2-13… there’s not a huge difference in the pitch or diameter… or is that not plausible?
Pretty sure 13mm is slightly larger diameter than 1/2" so you would have some pretty hokey threads. dunno where you are going to get a 200mm long tap either, so you would need to lift the body enough to shove a tool in there? Sounds like a horrible idea, but maybe. I'm not doing it!

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you use the complete Bronc Buster kit be aware you will need to raise your intercooler if you want it to keep it in the bumper opening and not hang below the bumper. Also front skid plate needs to be modified to avoid the gap below the bumper.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure 13mm is slightly larger diameter than 1/2" so you would have some pretty hokey threads. dunno where you are going to get a 200mm long tap either, so you would need to lift the body enough to shove a tool in there? Sounds like a horrible idea, but maybe. I'm not doing it!
Yeah, but only .011”… however, I figured the pitch difference over the length of standard engagement and came up with, I’d lose about a half of a thread at the bottom… so I wouldn’t go that way either.

a pulley tap in 1/2-13 is easy to get though… up to around a foot long.
Sponsored