Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, that's sounds like it. Never did get out there, but IIRC, it was a much smaller place with not as extreme terrain.
I looked into it later, and yes, it was the badlands.
Been there 2 or 3 times, there's some mudding, some trail, some rock obstacles. ... you can spend a weekend there and not get bored.
But there is NOTHING like that rock garden you posted up. Lol, that picture kinda knots my stomach just looking at it.
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I looked into it later, and yes, it was the badlands.
Been there 2 or 3 times, there's some mudding, some trail, some rock obstacles. ... you can spend a weekend there and not get bored.
But there is NOTHING like that rock garden you posted up. Lol, that picture kinda knots my stomach just looking at it.
Glad that that park is still going, as the owners really got screwed by a corrupt local Pa judge
that "stole" that land from them.

They put a paved road across the rock field that makes a neat pic every year.

DSC01479.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...a6!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d40.5901052!4d-75.9094401

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do not want to start up and argument, but can't we all agree the brabus mercedes g wagen is a pretty good offroader? it has at least ifs...
Ford Bronco The IFS vs SFA Thread https___api.thedrive.com_wp-content_uploads_2020_03_C4S_3472028129-1920x1080-1_LI

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do not want to start up and argument, but can't we all agree the brabus mercedes g wagen is a pretty good offroader? it has at least ifs...
Ford Bronco The IFS vs SFA Thread https___api.thedrive.com_wp-content_uploads_2020_03_C4S_3472028129-1920x1080-1_LI
It is good for overlanding. and general 4x4 use. not as good at rock crawling, or lifting and adding larger tires. That tends to be our gripe for those of us wanting SFA, we want mud, rocks, taller tires, which is the weak links of IFS.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is good for overlanding. and general 4x4 use. not as good at rock crawling, or lifting and adding larger tires. That tends to be our gripe for those of us wanting SFA, we want mud, rocks, taller tires, which is the weak links of IFS.
Not to mention being stupid expensive. For the price of a G-Wagen you could buy multiple brand new Wranglers and Broncos and throw a few mods on them.

It's a $875,000 vehicle ... might as well be comparing to a Ultra4 car.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without a SFA you can forget putting a plow on.

The G550 is only 125k my late boss was going to buy one for a shop truck. I told him we should designate a parking spot for it,call it the G-spot.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I remember reading that too, but all the spy shots have IFS. It would be a serious troll job if the final product only came with SFA.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember reading that too, but all the spy shots have IFS. It would be a serious troll job if the final product only came with SFA.
I doubt it, and they’re making a big, incorrect leap.

dana makes the advantek in ifs as well.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No way that is happening. I've never argued Ford won't sell more of these with IFS.
At this point, I don't care anymore what front susp/axle they put in it. My 2 options
are to replace escape and let her drive it for now (at which point they could put
escape susp in it for all I care) or buy wrecked and put what I want in.

Whatever front susp/axle Ford puts in will not survive what I will do to it, if it is my
main offroad rig. I have a set of 406 mog's with 9 center section just sitting around.
Already have alum 8 lug conversion hubs, 1 ton truck rotors, and pinion conversions.
Did anyone notice is front diff/driveshaft is on the Ford side?

At this point, I just hope you can get a stripper with the 2.7 (if that is the top engine).

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No way that is happening. I've never argued Ford won't sell more of these with IFS.
At this point, I don't care anymore what front susp/axle they put in it. My 2 options
are to replace escape and let her drive it for now (at which point they could put
escape susp in it for all I care) or buy wrecked and put what I want in.

Whatever front susp/axle Ford puts in will not survive what I will do to it, if it is my
main offroad rig. I have a set of 406 mog's with 9 center section just sitting around.
Already have alum 8 lug conversion hubs, 1 ton truck rotors, and pinion conversions.
Did anyone notice is front diff/driveshaft is on the Ford side?

At this point, I just hope you can get a stripper with the 2.7 (if that is the top engine).

That's my position also OX1, replace the 4WD Explorer that is not so off road. with at least something I can take out and enjoy and not rip the bumper covers off of it. Put some nice wheels and tires on it and go have fun. :) Then down the road make into a bad boy. V-8/SFA swap. (y) I will be shocked if the IFS will hold for me also. :ROFLMAO:

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think most (and by most I mean 99.9% of people will be shocked with the IFS). That said if I had a pair of mogs laying around and wanted to build that type of rig I wouldn't hesitate! Regarding the post I think most people get hung up on the word "axle". Dana makes IFS stuff as well and in the engineering world its all know as axles, well because they are axles. The part most people imagine when you say axle isn't the axle, its the solid tubes.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's my position also OX1, replace the 4WD Explorer that is not so off road. with at least something I can take out and enjoy and not rip the bumper covers off of it. Put some nice wheels and tires on it and go have fun. :) Then down the road make into a bad boy. V-8/SFA swap. (y) I will be shocked if the IFS will hold for me also. :ROFLMAO:
I'm not so sure she would let me go even lightly wheel her DD, LOL!!
She knows I might bring it back with water lines halfway up the windows.

DSCN0303.jpg
Sponsored