First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sorry it reminds me of the idiots in HS with jumbo blocks stacked so they could run big tires. I guess there still around, but now their just older and more stubborn.

every decent 4X4 magazine article or "how to lift a 4x4 story" I've ever read or seen all came to the same conclusions....body lift are CHEAP and easy way to lift the body high enough for big tires. But the correct/superior way to achieve the same thing is with redesigned fenders, bigger flairs, opening the wheel wells, and suspension changes. This can cost alot more money...or look like shit with a drunken Sawzall operation.

Most hard-core 4x4 types would agree, body lifts suck.

Additionally, if there ever was a redneck lift kit, the body lift is IT!

it's OK you don't like my opinion. I'm answering the threads topics questions.

I just don't run body lifts on ANY truck I've owned.
/
Ford Bronco Thoughts on Body Lifts with the broncos IFS yourenofunanymore
Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I
pretty ignorant statement but what else is new! Haha the internet is full of it.
A small (3/4”) body lift combined with a small (2”) suspension lift is a great way to clear 37’s with full articulation off-road and maintain closer to stock geo. Guess I should get off the dirt/rocks and get back to the mall asap.. glad you talked some sense into me, I was lost
I am running a 3" body lift on my bronco.. that being said I respect @BigMeatsBronco way to much to call his opinion ignorant. This is the first vehicle out of all the different ones I've lifted that I've done a body lift on. I've always done exactly what bigmeats said. I decided to take a chance here because it is essentially fly by wire. In my build I point out the draw backs I found with a 3" lift. I've been happy so far but there are a lot of concerns for things pulled tight. I used it basically as a way to open up the fender wells next I'll lift and widen.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I

I am running a 3" body lift on my bronco.. that being said I respect @BigMeatsBronco way to much to call his opinion ignorant. This is the first vehicle out of all the different ones I've lifted that I've done a body lift on. I've always done exactly what bigmeats said. I decided to take a chance here because it is essentially fly by wire. In my build I point out the draw backs I found with a 3" lift. I've been happy so far but there are a lot of concerns for things pulled tight. I used it basically as a way to open up the fender wells next I'll lift and widen.
Yeah.. his reply in its entirety was full of ignorance but it’s just my opinion on his!
either way - yeah I wouldn’t endorse a 3” body lift.. stuff is not meant to go that far and doesn’t look good (in my personal meaningless opinion)

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah.. his reply in its entirety was full of ignorance but it’s just my opinion on his!
either way - yeah I wouldn’t endorse a 3” body lift.. stuff is not meant to go that far and doesn’t look good (in my personal meaningless opinion)
Here is my 3"
Ford Bronco Thoughts on Body Lifts with the broncos IFS 20230401_131547

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Body Lifts with the broncos IFS 20230312_120522

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One more

20230318_134856.jpg

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to start fabbing a rear winch bumper next few weeks, I have a winch tray and a sheet of 3/16 " in the garage, I'm going to repurpose the sensors and the tag light.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going to start fabbing a rear winch bumper next few weeks, I have a winch tray and a sheet of 3/16 " in the garage, I'm going to repurpose the sensors and the tag light.
Nice! Post it when you’re done

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been looking for a good rear winch bumper. I'd love it if you shared what you come up with. Expedition One said they do not offer what APG cooked up and I don't want to block any intercoolers, etc.

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have you thought about relocating that rear bumper?
I actually relocated it after that with some temporary straps I repurposed from another project. Mind you it was a temporary esthetics fix, I bent the strap when it hung on a rock last time at windrock.:cool:

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Post it when you’re done
I've been looking for a good rear winch bumper. I'd love it if you shared what you come up with. Expedition One said they do not offer what APG cooked up and I don't want to block any intercoolers, etc.
It'll be on my build page when done.
"Valhallas long term build thread"