Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@BigMeatsBronco 1/2" body lift fixes the issues with factory and aftermarket bumpers. If you flex your Bronco out just right the bottom of the swing gate hits the bumper. It gets worse when you put a metal bumper on as the paint comes off vs the plastic bumper topper.
Sponsored

RockyBalboa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2-Door BadSquatch, '21 Mach-E GTPE, '13 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BigMeatsBronco 1/2" body lift fixes the issues with factory and aftermarket bumpers. If you flex your Bronco out just right the bottom of the swing gate hits the bumper. It gets worse when you put a metal bumper on as the paint comes off vs the plastic bumper topper.
I have a 1" body lift on mine. I think the best result of doing that was the clearance between the tailgate and the bumper.

Cgybronc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 F350 9"-38s/'15 F350 8"-37s/'10 GT500"stock"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™ve run body lifts on several different vehicles one of which was in a high speed rollover at 80+mph. Everything hung together just fine.

If youā€™re the type of person who shows up at the trail (or the forums for that matter) and likes to flex on everyone with $10k in lift parts to fit the same tires as someone else did for a couple hundred bucks then a body lift probably ainā€™t for you. But if you hit your local off-road areas youā€™ll find every ā€œbad ideaā€ working for someone. Do whatā€™s in your budget and donā€™t worry about it, if it works for you and if itā€™s relatively safe.

For me, Iā€™m not keen on hacking out a crossmember to run 40s as Iā€™m not sure how long Iā€™m going to keep this thing and when selling I know 40s ainā€™t for everyone. So Iā€™ll spend a couple hundred bucks on a body lift, spend 30 minutes to install and run 40s at the mall or wherever I want. I might even flex on those running 37s with 10k in suspension parts. šŸ˜‰

coffeetwitch

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

im someone that needs pictures. here is usable length of ranger bolt compared to factory. hope it makes sense. length shown in inch but was input into sketchup in mm

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Body Lifts with the broncos IFS RANGER BOLT BODY LIFT.JPG

Last edited:

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to do 1.5ā€ body lift and take some preload out of my Icons to keep them super happy. Has anyone done a custom bracket for 1.5ā€? Running ADD bumper in the front and stock metal in the back.

IMG_1591.jpeg

Turbo yzel

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Iā€™d like to have 1ā€ to clear my 40ā€™s from ripping my raptor flares off šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤£
Looks like ranger bolts
Then trim them down a bit

this has 3ā€ perch collers on the factory shocks

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2015.jpeg
Sponsored