CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was watching a Broncbuster YouTube video where they mentioned benefits of body lifts in preservering proper suspension geometry and how if done right won't cause the issues normally associated with them. Would love to hear some of your thoughts on the idea as it seems like it may be an option worth considering.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO going 1" is fine, 2" will probably be OK, and anything over 2" I don't like. But for those minimal gains is it worth the effort?

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO going 1" is fine, 2" will probably be OK, and anything over 2" I don't like. But for those minimal gains is it worth the effort?
1”? That would be a leveling kit if anything. Lots of 1.75-2” lifts come with new shocks and allow wranglers etc to run bigger tires, that’s the sole purpose. There’s nothing wrong with a 2” lift.

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
1”? That would be a leveling kit if anything. Lots of 1.75-2” lifts come with new shocks and allow wranglers etc to run bigger tires, that’s the sole purpose. There’s nothing wrong with a 2” lift.
He’s talking about body lifts

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing wrong with them to get a little more clearance and so far I think the bronco has avoided most of the need. Most of the clearance issues are the frame not the body so the benefit is just not there for most users.

If you want to run 40s then you need all the help you can get. I would suspect 1" body lifts to be pretty common here to help clear 37s without swapping SaS suspension. Lots of debate on raising the suspension past it's design points for ride valving.

OP
OP

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think for me the main lesson here is patience, things aren't coming out nearly as fast as I wish they would and I keep looking for excuses that perhaps what is available right now or about to be available in the very near future is going to be good enough.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A body lift would be great on an IFS to keep all your travel and other suspension parts in the right place. Contrary to popularity, a lift from the coilovers/spacers is actually the worst lift you could have in terms of what’s good for the components and truck.

All the problems with body lifts boil down to cosmetics

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Making your own body lift should be pretty easy. Just acquire some pucks and some bolts. I've done lots of body lifts in my time. That is what I plan on doing when I receive my Bronco.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone who works for a suspension company, I do think there is a good use-case for body lifts. From an off-road performance perspective on IFS vehicles, there's a practical limit to the lift height you can reasonably get out of a suspension lift without doing a diff drop or major surgery. Sometimes a small body lift, in conjunction with a quality suspension lift, is what the doctor ordered for getting that last inch of up-travel clearance with larger tires. On the Early Broncos I always prescribed a 1" body lift (in the form of 1" taller body mounts) for that reason, and to allow more room underneath for things like running lines down the frame rails, and even for better airflow through the engine bay, which is an issue on EB's. I don't know if any of that would be important for the 6G but gaining that last inch of bump-travel for large tires after a good suspension lift, I think would be a legit reason to include a small body lift.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm all for no or almost no body lift lol. I prefer to keep things low and wide, and trim what I need to if possible for tire travel. Not sure what it looks like on a new bronco, but on 66-77 bronco that gap between the body and bumpers is hideous.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who works for a suspension company, I do think there is a good use-case for body lifts. From an off-road performance perspective on IFS vehicles, there's a practical limit to the lift height you can reasonably get out of a suspension lift without doing a diff drop or major surgery. Sometimes a small body lift, in conjunction with a quality suspension lift, is what the doctor ordered for getting that last inch of up-travel clearance with larger tires. On the Early Broncos I always prescribed a 1" body lift (in the form of 1" taller body mounts) for that reason, and to allow more room underneath for things like running lines down the frame rails, and even for better airflow through the engine bay, which is an issue on EB's. I don't know if any of that would be important for the 6G but gaining that last inch of bump-travel for large tires after a good suspension lift, I think would be a legit reason to include a small body lift.
did y'all really find limiting the uptravel by a full inch was necessary to get 37s to clear the fender? Seems like you could get away with a half inch but I never tested to find out

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

did y'all really find limiting the uptravel by a full inch was necessary to get 37s to clear the fender? Seems like you could get away with a half inch but I never tested to find out
I don't know any of the exact numbers. All of that was worked out by our engineering department. I can tell you that on full-stuff with our lifts and 37's, it's still possible for the tire to rub the inner fender liner at certain clocking of the steering. Is it something I can live with on my own vehicle? Absolutely. But there are always customers who will bitch about the slightest touch so I think the tendency is to build in some margin of safety. Also, not all 37's are the same diameter LOL.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know any of the exact numbers. All of that was worked out by our engineering department. I can tell you that on full-stuff with our lifts and 37's, it's still possible for the tire to rub the inner fender liner at certain clocking of the steering. Is it something I can live with on my own vehicle? Absolutely. But there are always customers who will bitch about the slightest touch so I think the tendency is to build in some margin of safety. Also, not all 37's are the same diameter LOL.
Would love to be in those shoes! I've had the Icon 3in spacer lift with a 37 (Wildpeak at3/w 36.5). It does infact rub the back fender lining at ride height, at about 3/4 lock and above. It actually pulled one of the fender lining rivets out so I just cut the lining back a bit so the tire stops pulling it up. And then it eats into something metal (guessing the upper fender lip) when stuffed on a rock and turned straight, wouldn't want to know what it eats into if I turned it:ROFLMAO:

I just said bye to donut mode and hello to 3 point turns

Been between the King and Fox coils for a bit, thinking the Fox is best bet for fitting out of the box since the only reason I could figure out for them having less shaft than King is to prevent the fender kiss
Sponsored

Last edited: