recklesschewie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg - TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As an old guy, I find it hard to believe that buyers are planning lists of modifications before they have even taken possession of, or driven their vehicles. I wonder what percentage of these vehicles won’t ever see the dirt…. How many cool accessories do you need to drive your 4 wheel drive vehicle to the mall? I do confess however that I have orange recovery shackles on the front of my Badlands….for the baristas at the Starbucks drive thru. I promise I’ll take them off before going to Discount Tire…..

On the other hand, as a CAPITALIST and open market supporter….HAVE AT IT!!!! If you can afford it and it makes you feel good, BUY IT!!! You are supporting a multi-billion dollar industry and therefore OUR economy. Isn’t it great, all the options we have!!!!

I hate to see the Chinese getting into this business however, they do steal our technology. I have seen it first hand! Now a days it does not take engineering drawings, just a real vehicle to be 3D scanned. Copy cats…. However, they don’t get the metallurgy, material specifications or tolerances, etc ….thank God.

Comments please!
My bronco has continued to be locked into a 15May build date - so I’m not really afraid to purchase mods.

Additionally, why would I wait for things to get expensive when I find really good deals on AM exhaust, headlights and a grill? Don’t let others decisions to not touch the dirt in their bronco worry you. It’ll be ok.

I ordered my Bronco 922 days ago. That's a long time to plan, save, and execute a build that will meet my needs. When I originally ordered the vehicle, there wasn't an aftermarket or "mods" available. There wasn't even a 6th generation bronco in existence when some of us started saving up in case this car actually got built. Back in the days of the Stig and 🍍 🍕 we just talked hopes and dreams. Now that some of us OGs are finally taking delivery of our Bronco's we're making them our own with personal modifications from global companies because Ford may have left off a few options that we have been salivating over for almost 25 years. We've watched this vehicle get designed, built, leaked, and discussed ad nauseum for the better part of three years and we're finally able to put our stamp on them. So sit back, relax, drink a beer, and stare in awe as we slap Stig stickers in the door frame and add parts to personalize this thing we call Bronco.
I may not have waited as long as you, but your reply is spot on. Plus, if you find what you want and it’s a decent price, why wait? It’s not like you can’t sell most AM items if you dislike it anyways. I support some morale in the form of package delivery.
Sponsored

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 mod’d Flex, ‘14 bmw i3, ‘93 mod’d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s disappointing to hear especially with the cost of them. Care is give some more details on the fit?

Was originally going to get the RekGens but like how the Rokblokz mount to a bracket when RekGen just screwed into the bumper.
I have the rekgens on my wildtrak and are very pleased with them. Between the rekgens and go-rhino running boards I don’t have a single door ding at 35k miles. And yes I take it off-road routinely, plus lots of gravel roads in north-central PA.

CaptStang

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Edge ST; 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just wondering what fellow members might think of a few upgrade ideas. Few things I'm still undecided on but the ones I'm leaning towards are in BOLD. Let me know you're thoughts. Build date 6/12 but expected to of course to move back. Wildtrak, CG, High package

Exhaust -Fast Intentions or Borla S-type/Atak - Just for little deeper sound but looks also
Ford tune
Redline hood struts
Mud flaps - Rokbloks XL or RekGen trophy
Black lug nuts - Maybe Ford ones. I know they are 2 piece but don't want the metal showing or longer ones
Husky all weather floor mats and cargo mat
Pinch weld - DV8 or JCR but also thinking about something like Line-X

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes.

CaptStang

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just wondering what fellow members might think of a few upgrade ideas. Few things I'm still undecided on but the ones I'm leaning towards are in BOLD. Let me know you're thoughts. Build date 6/12 but expected to of course to move back. Wildtrak, CG, High package

Exhaust -Fast Intentions or Borla S-type/Atak - Just for little deeper sound but looks also
Ford tune
Redline hood struts
Black lug nuts - Maybe Ford ones. I know they are 2 piece but don't want the metal showing or longer ones

I actually ordered hood struts direct from Ford Accessory options-works great, priced fairly and easy to install....

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford tune
Redline hood struts
factory rubber matts ,blacked out grill letters ,skeleton bronco on tail gate ,front tints
blow off valve ,bronco buster tie rod up grade and super swamper ss -m16 real 35" tires

OP
OP
MK0412

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

how long have you had the BOV installed? Any issues, codes etc?

been looking into the Boomba adapter last day or so. Slightly worried to install one. Thoughts are the computer system is expecting that extra air even though it’s probably not much. Undecided on it I guess.

factory rubber matts ,blacked out grill letters ,skeleton bronco on tail gate ,front tints
blow off valve ,bronco buster tie rod up grade and super swamper ss -m16 real 35" tires

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
how long have you had the BOV installed? Any issues, codes etc?

been looking into the Boomba adapter last day or so. Slightly worried to install one. Thoughts are the computer system is expecting that extra air even though it’s probably not much. Undecided on it I guess.
i have a 2.7 people as people stick the gas turbo spools up then they slow down quick
pressure stays in turbos could cause problems .. i put bov on myself super easy sounds great looks cool 0 issues even when mudding turbo spool up faster and 0 mpg change

CaptStang

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I posted a reply earlier about Extreme Terrain fire extinguisher holders and FedEx just delivered my second today. Installed on right and left frame supports.

broncoleft2023.jpg

Broncoright2023.jpg

Broncotwin2023.jpg

Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That’s disappointing to hear especially with the cost of them. Care is give some more details on the fit?

Was originally going to get the RekGens but like how the Rokblokz mount to a bracket when RekGen just screwed into the bumper.
they fit fine and work great. But if you look at factory flaps they look like theyare part of the original design. These do not. The front flaps even have some of the assembly nuts visible from behind.

I also wish companies would stop putting their brand logo on everything. I just want flaps, I don’t want to be advertising. I have the black logo/black flaps and it’s still visible.

I’m about 95% satisfied though, and I like how easy they are to remove.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just replaced my own Bronco mats(fr/rr/cargo) with Rough Country, very satisfied and cheaper than most others. Rough Country hood struts. I bought and install Magnaflow black street series dual axle back, deep tone without the interior drone. Roush intake in great also.

Ford Bronco Thoughts on these potential upgrades? Broncotwin2023

Hey Grumpy, no you ain’t gotcha an emergency bottle of Polo cologne in your door cubby is ya? :ROFLMAO:

Catching them ladies out there! I see you bud!

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMPO - don’t spend a dime on 2 pc lugs. Hard no. Eventually they will become a PITA.

OP
OP
MK0412

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thoughts on the BOV? Considering that. Out of the Booma adapter or Turbosmart

Sponsored