Throttle Response Controller... WOW!

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Call it snake oil, a placebo effect, creole voodoo, or anything else. The pedal commander flat out works. I'm sitting on 38x13.5's @ 130 lbs total weight on each each axle. Even with the jb4 tune on map 3, it felt sluggish. The responsiveness before installing it and then running it on sport+4 is literally night and day. So much more enjoyable driving it around town.
You're fighting physics. The rotational mass is huge that you're dealing with.
You're just trying to get your rig back to stock feeling. I can imagine this would make a huge difference for you.

TBH, I haven't even put my Bronco in sport mode. Again, this thing seems to be responsive enough for me and I guess it's just a mindset that goes with it. These are not meant to be back-road burners. They are a fun off-roader that happens to have some road manners that make them more livable than the alternative.

@Goneboy Did you upgrade your brakes? With that kind of mass that you're trying to slow down, braking had to be affected.
Most every performance forum I've been a part of asks "what go-fast parts should I install first for the track." I always say to remove the tune and install better brakes LOL!
Remember, going fast is optional, stopping is mandatory.
Sponsored

Goneboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small Handful
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're fighting physics. The rotational mass is huge that you're dealing with.
You're just trying to get your rig back to stock feeling. I can imagine this would make a huge difference for you.

TBH, I haven't even put my Bronco in sport mode. Again, this thing seems to be responsive enough for me and I guess it's just a mindset that goes with it. These are not meant to be back-road burners. They are a fun off-roader that happens to have some road manners that make them more livable than the alternative.

@Goneboy Did you upgrade your brakes? With that kind of mass that you're trying to slow down, braking had to be affected.
Most every performance forum I've been a part of asks "what go-fast parts should I install first for the track." I always say to remove the tune and install better brakes LOL!
Remember, going fast is optional, stopping is mandatory.
Yep, basically. I'm not trying to speed around at all. Just trying to regain a little bit of the lost pep.

Surpisingly enough, it slows really well. A lot better than expected. It's clearly marginally worse than before, but definitely not so bad that I feel unsafe or a risk to others.

You should try sport mode, if for nothing else, just to put a fleeting smile on your face!

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, basically. I'm not trying to speed around at all. Just trying to regain a little bit of the lost pep.

Surpisingly enough, it slows really well. A lot better than expected. It's clearly marginally worse than before, but definitely not so bad that I feel unsafe or a risk to others.

You should try sport mode, if for nothing else, just to put a fleeting smile on your face!
Got it.
It seems to make sense for many. I just don't know if it's right for me. I approach the Bronco with a different mentality I guess.

I'm of the mindset that if I can improve the braking, I will. I'm more than likely going to be installing a BBK on my Bronco (probably Alcon). I've had BBKs on my cars for the last 15 years.

I'll try sport mode. I don't know if it'll put a smile on my face. Remember, I'm comparing to my 911. So, basically this will be slow no matter what. My 911 is tuned with full exhaust, intercoolers, oil cooler and makes right around 500hp while weighing about 2,000lbs less than the Bronco.
Oh, yes, it does have four wheel AP BBK too.

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_6281.jpg

Goneboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small Handful
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got it.
It seems to make sense for many. I just don't know if it's right for me. I approach the Bronco with a different mentality I guess.

I'm of the mindset that if I can improve the braking, I will. I'm more than likely going to be installing a BBK on my Bronco (probably Alcon). I've had BBKs on my cars for the last 15 years.

I'll try sport mode. I don't know if it'll put a smile on my face. Remember, I'm comparing to my 911. So, basically this will be slow no matter what. My 911 is tuned with full exhaust, intercoolers, oil cooler and makes right around 500hp while weighing about 2,000lbs less than the Bronco.
Oh, yes, it does have four wheel AP BBK too.

Ford Bronco Throttle Response Controller... WOW! IMG_6281

Ford Bronco Throttle Response Controller... WOW! IMG_6281

Ha ha!

1. I'm digging your Porsche, the color and wheels.
2. Yeah, the pedal commander ain't gonna turn our moving blocks into track monsters.:)

And I don't think we're approaching it all that differently. As expected, with all the additional weight I threw on mine ( tire and wheels, front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, winch, light bars, subwoofer, etc), mine slowed down tremdendoulsy. I just wanted to try to recapture as much of that as possible, and the pedal commander and jb4 tune helped with that. I think if you were to lose some of the zip that you're currenltly accustomed to in your Bronco, you'd want it back.

For speed, I hit up the dragstrip in the ZL w/ 934 hp to the wheels. And even with that, I still started smiling when I took the Bronco for the first test drive after I put in pedal commander. To me, it was that much of a game changer.

20221109_175238.jpg

20161228_114658.jpg

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ha ha!

1. I'm digging your Porsche, the color and wheels.
2. Yeah, the pedal commander ain't gonna turn our moving blocks into track monsters.:)

And I don't think we're approaching it all that differently. As expected, with all the additional weight I threw on mine ( tire and wheels, front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, winch, light bars, subwoofer, etc), mine slowed down tremdendoulsy. I just wanted to try to recapture as much of that as possible, and the pedal commander and jb4 tune helped with that. I think if you were to lose some of the zip that you're currenltly accustomed to in your Bronco, you'd want it back.

For speed, I hit up the dragstrip in the ZL w/ 934 hp to the wheels. And even with that, I still started smiling when I took the Bronco for the first test drive after I put in pedal commander. To me, it was that much of a game changer.

Ford Bronco Throttle Response Controller... WOW! 20161228_114658

Ford Bronco Throttle Response Controller... WOW! 20161228_114658
UGH! I love the ZL-1! I was considering getting a 1LE when I got my 911. For years I had Corvettes ('65 Coupe, "69 Big-Block, '85 Coupe, '87 Coupe, '97 Coupe and '06 Z06.
In the end, I wanted something different and went with the 911. The wheels are custom - my design in forged magnesium. 20x9 fronts weigh 19lbs and 20x11.5 weigh 21lbs. They're not weight optimized since it was my own custom design. If they would have been weight optimized, you can cut 2-3lbs. off.
ZL with 900HP is fantastic. Now I understand why you're trying to get our bricks to move. Is that a stealth wrap?

Love your Bronco too. I already have F&R bumpers, winch, skids, rock sliders and a bunch of other add-ons. I just have to complete the RTR spare tire carrier (I have the RTR rear bumper too).
I also picked up a set of Grams Light wheels in bronze. They'll be going on soon. I won't do suspension since I have the Fox shocks.

Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Goneboy which fender flares are on your Bronco?

@Bronc69 who made your Porsche wheels?

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Goneboy which fender flares are on your Bronco?

@Bronc69 who made your Porsche wheels?
The wheels are made by litespeedracing.com.
https://www.litespeedracing.com/?gc...RmyLew-8rP-XPWJz4z6AatwHPo7FjsoxoCxqoQAvD_BwE

They make everything from forged aluminum and magnesium one-piece, two-piece and three-piece, plus carbon-fiber wheels.

Your imagination is the only limit. He'll work with you on a custom design. I was going to do one for my Bronco, but ended up not. I have the forged magnesium on my 911 and the wife's X3 has forged aluminum in 20 x 9.5 square (dropped 15lbs. over the stock wheel/tires).

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Bronc69 thanks, I am vaguely familiar with Litespeed. Have read on the GT500 forums for track use, they are awesome.

I have had a couple sets of HRE’s (Z8 & FGT)made but they have gone bonkers on pricing.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@2112
I agree with HRE pricing. The set of magnesium wheels for my 911 would have been more than double the price. Even their standard forged aluminum wheels have gone crazy.
I have so much respect for HRE, as they are always innovating and make a stellar wheel, but I just can't see the price point for something like I'm driving.

How do you like the GT and the Z8? Both are stellar rides! I've never driven a GT. Only a Z8 once and a Murci, 599GTB, DB9, Gallardo, Huracan and 430 Scud.

Goneboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small Handful
Your Bronco Model
Base
UGH! I love the ZL-1! I was considering getting a 1LE when I got my 911. For years I had Corvettes ('65 Coupe, "69 Big-Block, '85 Coupe, '87 Coupe, '97 Coupe and '06 Z06.
In the end, I wanted something different and went with the 911. The wheels are custom - my design in forged magnesium. 20x9 fronts weigh 19lbs and 20x11.5 weigh 21lbs. They're not weight optimized since it was my own custom design. If they would have been weight optimized, you can cut 2-3lbs. off.
ZL with 900HP is fantastic. Now I understand why you're trying to get our bricks to move. Is that a stealth wrap?

Love your Bronco too. I already have F&R bumpers, winch, skids, rock sliders and a bunch of other add-ons. I just have to complete the RTR spare tire carrier (I have the RTR rear bumper too).
I also picked up a set of Grams Light wheels in bronze. They'll be going on soon. I won't do suspension since I have the Fox shocks.
Yeah, the Porsche is quite the changeup from your previous rides, all which are super cool. đź‘Ť

The Camaro wrap is just Avery Satin Nero. It was one of those limited run wraps.

Bronze wheels are gonna look hot with that color scheme. The only thing that would finish it off would be dark tint all around. But I'm heavily biased towards really dark tint! 🙂 Great looking ride

Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@2112
I agree with HRE pricing. The set of magnesium wheels for my 911 would have been more than double the price. Even their standard forged aluminum wheels have gone crazy.
I have so much respect for HRE, as they are always innovating and make a stellar wheel, but I just can't see the price point for something like I'm driving.

How do you like the GT and the Z8? Both are stellar rides! I've never driven a GT. Only a Z8 once and a Murci, 599GTB, DB9, Gallardo, Huracan and 430 Scud.
Exactly my feelings on HRE.

I am a long hauler on both the Z8 and FGT. Both are fantastic for what they are but the FGT is my favorite, by far. I modify everything I have so it is much better than stock, and stock isn’t bad. Both are analog cars. The Z8 has a primitive traction control’ and the FGT nothing but anti-lock brakes. Not even cruise control.

F8013ADB-2038-4CB5-AB70-C45F44504998.jpeg

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@2112
I love the original FGT! I remember when they first came out. I father tried to get one, but he was turned down. There are so many details on those cars when you look at them up close.
I too cannot leave anything stock. We want what we want. I try to modify my car as quickly as possible to get it to what I want so I can enjoy it for the longest period of time.

It's funny. When we brought my wife's 2022 BMW X3 home, the first thing she said to me is "Those wheels are kind of gross, you're going to do something about them aren't you?"

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

It's funny. When we brought my wife's 2022 BMW X3 home, the first thing she said to me is "Those wheels are kind of gross, you're going to do something about them aren't you?"
Damn, you've got a great one there.

When I brought the Bronco home, mine said “ I don’t see anything wrong with those wheels and tires but I suppose you’re going to change them?”

My response? “yes, they’re already en route”.
Sponsored