Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The OEM factory Sasquatch tires have done me well, they survive the EXO Baja run in August without much issue (had to plug one tire) and 2 rock crawling events! I put about 12,000 miles on them. But when I had to use it as my daily driver and go to Oklahoma to check some wildfire burned timber tracts, I ended up with 3 flats! Two happened in one day at the same time (and most likely the exact same rock)! I patched them up and re inflated them to no avail. The patch wouldn't hold so I had to change one tire and re-inflate the other every 15 minutes until I could get it to my tire shop. The tire shop guy said these are cheaply made tires and a hole can easily tear, which is probably why I had 2-3 patches in a hole and they still wouldn't hold air. After he took one of my tires off the wheel he pushed down on it from the top and it basically collapsed the tire 6-8" without effort! These suckers are cheap! Anyway wanted to share with you my experiences and my warning on keeping these tires on your SAS rig. FYI- the OEMs are 6 ply tires and I changed them out to 35" BFG KM3s (10 ply).

flat tires-oklahoma rocks.jpg

new tires.jpg
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every set of Goodyears I ever had SUCKED!!!
Every set of BFGs I've had KICKED ASS!!!
Your mileage will vary.
I will never buy GY. We used them at work, every set would ruin one at a time by road hazard. Never wore out a set. I'd eventually replace full sets, with something beside GYs after a reasonable time.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
but everyone says they are such great tires.....I didnt believe them.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sold my take offs immediately, paid for 75% of my aftermarket tires and wheels. I’m actually surprised people are still getting 2k+ for Sasquatch take offs.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The OEM factory Sasquatch tires have done me well, they survive the EXO Baja run in August without much issue (had to plug one tire) and 2 rock crawling events! I put about 12,000 miles on them. But when I had to use it as my daily driver and go to Oklahoma to check some wildfire burned timber tracts, I ended up with 3 flats! Two happened in one day at the same time (and most likely the exact same rock)! I patched them up and re inflated them to no avail. The patch wouldn't hold so I had to change one tire and re-inflate the other every 15 minutes until I could get it to my tire shop. The tire shop guy said these are cheaply made tires and a hole can easily tear, which is probably why I had 2-3 patches in a hole and they still wouldn't hold air. After he took one of my tires off the wheel he pushed down on it from the top and it basically collapsed the tire 6-8" without effort! These suckers are cheap! Anyway wanted to share with you my experiences and my warning on keeping these tires on your SAS rig. FYI- the OEMs are 6 ply tires and I changed them out to 35" BFG KM3s (10 ply).

Ford Bronco Time to abandon my OEM SAS tires! new tires

Ford Bronco Time to abandon my OEM SAS tires! new tires
This just goes to show BFGs are the best.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

but everyone says they are such great tires.....I didnt believe them.
I didn’t think they were terrible at the off-roadeo or drive bronco events. They seemed to have plenty of traction. You can definitely tell the difference in stiffness between the c-load range Goodyears and the e-load range Nittos that I replaced them with.

I don’t think many people will be buying a second set after they wear out the originals, but it could have been much worse. I think the rock throwing is what turned most people off. I didn’t have the Goodyears on long enough to really notice.

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like the Goodyears held up for the abuse you put them through. I agree though, they are not the best tire and at the price I paid for my Bronco, I wanted better OEM, but did not expect that out of a business.

Ylekiot

Black Diamond
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LX570, Lexus GX470, Land Rover, 21'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems they have tires same brand and variations to the ply counts. I have the black Diamond and they came with Grabbers that are 6 ply (load c) whereas the main public gets the (load e) 10 ply. Look at the load range on your tire- I have c on mine but load e is very available online whereas c is hard to find. Found this out last week when I had to have a tire replaced due to nail in the sidewall.

Sponsored

burntomaro

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thx for this post. I was debating on sas for my future OBX order. I’ll just go after market lift/wheels/tires. Wasn’t a huge Fan of the sas wheels anyways.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thx for this post. I was debating on sas for my future OBX order. I’ll just go after market lift/wheels/tires. Wasn’t a huge Fan of the sas wheels anyways.
If you are only after 35" tires, that may make sense. SQ is still a better option if the front locker, heavier axle and correct gearing matter. If durability is the primary issues, I assume you need they heavier axle and would benefit from the front locker. We will be seeing lifted 6G Broncos tearing up suspension and steering parts on the 190 axles, just the same as many Jeeps on 35s with the Dana 30.

I have been out with people on the Goodyear's on trails a lot. They seem like good tires overall (other than throwing rocks), but they were definitely designed to be very light. Last time I was out with a group of 18 Broncos, running some fairly rocky terrain, we had two issues, both 37's including a D range Nitto that got a sidewall cut on a rock and a lost bead on a 37x12.50 mounted on stock BD wheels. My point, nothing is perfect, think about the long term and your likely use vs. the OEM SQ tire :)

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I had it to do over again I would have went with SAS just for all the other features. I did buy the SAS takeoffs, which makes my decision to go non-SAS even worse. You can buy new wheels and tires later.

burntomaro

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are only after 35" tires, that may make sense. SQ is still a better option if the front locker, heavier axle and correct gearing matter. If durability is the primary issues, I assume you need they heavier axle and would benefit from the front locker. We will be seeing lifted 6G Broncos tearing up suspension and steering parts on the 190 axles, just the same as many Jeeps on 35s with the Dana 30.

I have been out with people on the Goodyear's on trails a lot. They seem like good tires overall (other than throwing rocks), but they were definitely designed to be very light. Last time I was out with a group of 18 Broncos, running some fairly rocky terrain, we had two issues, both 37's including a D range Nitto that got a sidewall cut on a rock and a lost bead on a 37x12.50 mounted on stock BD wheels. My point, nothing is perfect, think about the long term and your likely use vs. the OEM SQ tire :)
It’ll be my DD that I’ll take off-road on trails occasionally. Not planning on doing any rock crawling. If I do it’ll be minimal.

My build right now in my head is a 4dr 2.7 with the 4.27 gears and go aftermarket with a 2-2.5” lift with 35s.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The last set of Goodyears did the same to me, in a remote area of Alaska. Two flats at once, one spare. I think I had 5 or 6 plugs in the hole and was able to go about 30 minutes between air ups. Since then I've run E/10 ply tires and never Goodyears. Loved Goodyears on my old muscle cars, just not 4WDs.
Sponsored