Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Warranty doesn’t include road hazards that’s why. Not to mention oem tires carry no warranty from the manufacturer
The ford tech told me they have 12k mile warranty. Yeah I don’t know how a pot hole would do that on a relatively new “off road” tire.
Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just go to a Goodyear store.....they will replace it unless they determine it was road hazard.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the time we see that when it hits a curb or parking block harder than normal. Sometimes you can see a mark or scuff across the tread.

From the warranty and policy manual...
Ford Bronco Tire bulge on tire side wall. 1671134999919

That said, the process is basically to install a new tire, fill out a tire warranty claim form and send back to the manufacturer (Goodyear). They inspect it and make the final determination on coverage. If you really wanted to push it, pay to have a new tire installed and to have it shipped to Goodyear. Worst thing that could happen is they deny the claim and you're out shipping. Best case is they cover it and the dealer can reimburse you for at least the majority of the repair.

Just looking at the picture, my initial impression is the bulge was likely due to some sort of impact. Pothole with a sharp lip could do it.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 2015 all 4 factory Pirelli tires on my new Mustang GT developed multiple bulges within 3000 miles. Ford defaulted to the tire manufacturer but Pirelli’s warranty (prorating) is the worst. Bought a set of Michelins and the best my Ford dealer could do was to match the best available online price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the time we see that when it hits a curb or parking block harder than normal. Sometimes you can see a mark or scuff across the tread.

From the warranty and policy manual...
Ford Bronco Tire bulge on tire side wall. 1671134999919

That said, the process is basically to install a new tire, fill out a tire warranty claim form and send back to the manufacturer (Goodyear). They inspect it and make the final determination on coverage. If you really wanted to push it, pay to have a new tire installed and to have it shipped to Goodyear. Worst thing that could happen is they deny the claim and you're out shipping. Best case is they cover it and the dealer can reimburse you for at least the majority of the repair.

Just looking at the picture, my initial impression is the bulge was likely due to some sort of impact. Pothole with a sharp lip could do it.
Thanks, this was helpful. I might just try to use my ford points for it. Hopefully I can use that.

OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 2015 all 4 factory Pirelli tires on my new Mustang GT developed multiple bulges within 3000 miles. Ford defaulted to the tire manufacturer but Pirelli’s warranty (prorating) is the worst. Bought a set of Michelins and the best my Ford dealer could do was to match the best available online price.
Thanks. Sucks they have to make it so hard but I get it on their side. The bronco is supposed to be able to do Baja in these tires, but gets damaged on a paved road. It’s ridiculous.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you replaced that tire with the Spare yet? Bad tire, and it should be replaced and hopefully some type of refund.

39? Too much tire pressure for such a light vehicle. Unless you are maxed out weight wise.

What's the Max pressure (Fully Loaded) on the Sasquatch Tire?

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife's Rav4 got a screw stuck in the tire with only 500 km on the odometer since buying it. Toyota was great - They replaced the tire with a brand new one and we didn't have to pay a dime. I'm surprised Ford wouldn't work with you on this one.

Regardless, that should be replaced ASAP.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess many here are to young to remember the Ford explorer Firestone fiasco.

My guess from the pics is a manufacturing defect.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

More than likely a pothole. Cords could have separated from a defect but will be tough getting someone to take the time to prove. The easy answer is you hit a pothole or curb and it is not covered. Most would not use this specific tire in Baja and if so, carry several spares. These are not really heavy duty tires. They were chosen for weight over utility.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bulge is the sidewall joint separating. Same thing can happen when a belt joint fails, the tire becomes egg shaped or has a bulge. Based on no visible damage to the tire the joint was probably weak due to poor alignment on the tire building machine. I would push it, if a Goodyear engineer cuts that tire open it will be obvious.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you replaced that tire with the Spare yet? Bad tire, and it should be replaced and hopefully some type of refund.

39? Too much tire pressure for such a light vehicle. Unless you are maxed out weight wise.

What's the Max pressure (Fully Loaded) on the Sasquatch Tire?
35 psi at max load rating on sidewall, 39 psi recommended from Ford.
Sponsored