Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the mistake you made was using the stock market as your bank account.
It was money I am willing to pull out of investments to invest in a Bronco. But, when the market is down it does not make sense to pull out to buy a car.

I have a completely separate savings account.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was money I am willing to pull out of investments to invest in a Bronco. But, when the market is down it does not make sense to pull out to buy a car.

Don't sweat it, for a lot of people, little about this vehicle makes sense. I mean people are buying a high clearance vehicle, to clear air on top of pavement, lol.

Paughco

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Snoqualmie Valley, Washington, USA, Planet Earth
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 XLT and 2022 Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All of us who have investments are watching them drop due to the f**king Russkies. F**k the F**king F**ks. Maybe we should go with Wing Attack Plan R. I see two main possibilities here:

1) S**t happens. Six months from now the market is back up, in fact above what it was before all the s**t started. That is the historical record. Check it out.

2) Worst case scenario. We all are glowing in the dark in a nuclear winter.

Feels like we're back in 1939, only with nukes. FTW. Like they said in my favorite movie of all time, The Wild Bunch, "Let's Go!"

Seeya
ATB

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of us who have investments are watching them drop due to the f**king Russkies. F**k the F**king F**ks. Maybe we should go with Wing Attack Plan R. I see two main possibilities here:

1) S**t happens. Six months from now the market is back up, in fact above what it was before all the s**t started. That is the historical record. Check it out.

2) Worst case scenario. We all are glowing in the dark in a nuclear winter.

Feels like we're back in 1939, only with nukes. FTW. Like they said in my favorite movie of all time, The Wild Bunch, "Let's Go!"

Seeya
ATB
This post will go into the hall of Fame. This is exactly what I needed to hear! 🤣🤣🤣

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it's apparent I have no business in this thread. I am strictly going off a modest savings account making sure I can make a 10% down plus tax and still not taking it in the ass. My GD Bronco MSRP is 50% of what I paid for my house. I am sorry for you're bad day and now you can't pay cash. Bad days are relative though. I'm wondering how stupid I am to extend myself out so far as to afford to pay for this thing at all?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well it's apparent I have no business in this thread. I am strictly going off a modest savings account making sure I can make a 10% down plus tax and still not taking it in the ass. My GD Bronco MSRP is 50% of what I paid for my house. I am sorry for you're bad day and now you can't pay cash. Bad days are relative though. I'm wondering how stupid I am to extend myself out so far as to afford to pay for this thing at all?
I'd say go for the base 2-door manual Bronco at 28k, like I was wanting. Except even that is now 30k. :oops:

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As far as the Bronco goes, I’m more worried about oil prices than the stock market. Gas prices are already obscene but we’re just getting started. Do I really want a 16 MPG vehicle right now? ☹

OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as the Bronco goes, I’m more worried about oil prices than the stock market. Gas prices are already obscene but we’re just getting started. Do I really want a 16 MPG vehicle right now? ☹
I average 12.5 mpg in my frontier. Hard to believe the Bronco is my economy car.

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a rule, don't keep money in the stock market that you will want to use in the next few years. Get the Bronco though. Finance the thing. Or sell it at a profit.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really do. It may not be the best decision, but you want it. YOLO

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any vehicle can be a family car if you try hard enough. I know a guy who use to pick up his kids in the Miata. The boys shared the front seat and his daughter was up in the shelf behind him. Made me think we were still in the 70s.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say go for the base 2-door manual Bronco at 28k, like I was wanting. Except even that is now 30k. :oops:
Solid advice. I went with a base Base also, for several reasons.
Regardless, it's a solid vehicle and the only thing I really want for it at the moment is heated seats ... which definitely were NOT worth the $8k upcharge to get ... and lose the manual I wanted.

ther are several HQ seat heater kits that can be had for $300 or less. I'm considering also heating the back seat if it's feasible.

As far as OP's issues, a lot of us have learned various lessons due to getting caught up in the emotions of the moment with these damn Broncos.
I sold my decent daily driver when I was certain my build would happen .... it did ... then it sat on Dirt Mountain for several months afterwards.
!!!Holy crap did I have to drive a raggedy POS for 5 months!

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Screen name checks out.
Paint or get off the ladder and stop whining.
F sakes.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.