Sponsored

Tools needed for hardtop or door removal?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not warrantied unless the use of the Ford official licensed one that can be found in one of the 200 accessories.

Ford Bronco Tools needed for hardtop or door removal? bronco saw

*Pre-Production model shown. Available beginning spring 2021. Always consult your Owner's manual prior to use and use appropriate safety wear.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can take about 90% of any modern vehicle apart with a 10, 13 and 15mm socket?.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also, I know I read somewhere that a tool kit will be included and include everything needed for doors an tops.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The factory set that came with my Wrangler, as posted above, seemed to be of very good quality.
It was 2 bolts for each door and 1 connector and the door was off. There was even a holder for the bolts in the cargo area, so you didn't misplace them.
Yes I agree, that Jeep set looked pretty good. Would be cool if the Bronc had a similar set.

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I’m assuming whatever needed will be supplied.

Not that many carry around an allan wrench, but I hope it’s at least some type of security bit. With as light and easy to remove as they are reported to be, I don’t want someone walking off with a door because they have a screwdriver in their pocketknife.
Maybe I’m weird but I have two sets of Allen keys with other basic tools in my trunk ?

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping that they are like a Jeep where you take the nuts off the bottom of the bolts and just leave them off. And not have to use the tools every time.
I'd love to see pics/video of taking off the doors where you can see how the door connects to the frame.

Sponsored

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The "engineer" at Celebration East stated that the torx tool will come with the Bronco for door removal. We asked to demonstrate the door removal, but he did not want to risk damaging the paint on his show vehicle (he said removing the door is as simple as removing the bolt with the supplied tool, pinching the wiring harness and lifting the door off (there is an unseen lift handle on the bottom of the door)). Also, a side note, the paint on the Overlander was fantastic -- not the typical Ford orange peel. I am hoping they got their painting down to a science rather than the Overalnder being a special show car paint application -- dare to dream.

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have missed it but do the doors on the bronco swing free like a older wrangler or will they stay open like most modern cars?
I know they have stops to keep them from swinging open to far.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Remember guys, ford is trying to compete with Jeep here, so it better be atleast as functional as their product. Jeep not only has an onboard tool kit, but they also have built in storage for the hardware after its removed. So hopefully the Bronco has the same thing. Also, on the Ford Bronco instagram page, they are only following 10 people/companies, one of which is Leatherman. My bet is that they are making the onboard toolkit.

Ford Bronco Tools needed for hardtop or door removal? cargo-area

Ford Bronco Tools needed for hardtop or door removal? Screenshot_20201014-212811_Instagram

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Precisely what I was thinking - but keep in mind they had a show car paint job — really nice — not the standard Ford orange peel option.
Sponsored