Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's becoming a common thing around here that Ford has been caught with their pants down regarding the manual take rate.
It's been said here and in other model and other brand forums that industry wide, the take rates were artificially lowered by dealers who would order ONLY autos because the manuals wouldn't move as fast.
Obviously, not everybody has the patience to custom order a car.....and wait MONTHS for it to be delivered...AND...industry sales tactics have generally shifted to high pressure "Buy it NOW" schemes and they push A LOT of vehicles on what would otherwise be Looky Lou's.
To the industrys surprise, The Bronco's strong following and passionate owners are pushing back finally....May The Force Be With Us! LOL
WORD, Brother!!!!!

ETA: Now let's talk about the rise of the kitchen appliance colors!!!!!
Black, white, silver, pewter ( Carbonized) grey, and safe Lease resale colors!
Sponsored

BWONCOSWULE!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish more models had advanced cruise control. Id pay 800 for it on lower models and Id imagine than ford would make a decent profit off of that.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So this just dropped. Talks about what trim level Broncos are being ordered as well as packages being added.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/10/23/2021-ford-bronco-reservation-order-statistics/

2021 Ford Bronco: Here are the top features 190,000 reservation holders want
And Ford is listening and acting on more customer requests — like a white roof

We knew the 2021 Ford Bronco was going to be a hot SUV based on interest in the vehicle, the sharp retro styling and the impressive feature set. Exactly how hot was the question, and we have a much better idea of that now that Ford has revealed the number of reservations. The company announced it has more than 190,000 reservation holders ready to finalize their Bronco orders. We have more information than that, though, thanks to Mark Grueber, Ford's U.S. consumer marketing manager. He talked with us about what some of the more popular Bronco choices are, as well as a little bit of info on how Ford gauges what to do next.

On the whole, Bronco reservation holders are going for high-trim vehicles. The Wildtrak is the most popular trim with about 26% of holders choosing it, and the Badlands follows it with about 20%, leaving the other 54% of orders to be split among the base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks and First Edition. The Wildtrak and Badlands are the two most expensive trim levels with the most standard off-road equipment short of the limited production First Edition. Speaking of off-road equipment, the Sasquatch Package, which adds 35-inch tires and front and rear locking differentials among other things, is proving to be extremely popular with a bit less than half of reserved Broncos featuring the package.

As for body styles, the four-door Bronco was selected by two-thirds of reservation holders, and the other third picked the two-door. Grueber said that they were expecting the four-door to be the bigger seller, but the number of two-door buyers was notably higher than expected. Also popular is the 2.7-liter V6, though Grueber didn't say how much more popular it is than the four-cylinder. Not hugely popular is the manual transmission, which is only available with the four-cylinder. Grueber said that only about 10% of four-cylinder reservation holders opted for the manual transmission. But he did note that take rate is better than a lot of cars. Indeed, that's significantly better than the particularly low take rate on mainstream cars such as the Honda Accord that recently lost its manual option because no more than 2% of buyers chose it.

We also talked with Grueber a little bit about how Ford decides on new features, in particular, the decision to offer the Sasquatch Package with the manual transmission. As it turns out, Ford is watching forums and internet posts as part of their research for what to offer customers. The company also relies on direct feedback from customers as well as what dealers tell them. Grueber said that the manual Sasquatch option was made quite obvious shortly after the reveal. Apparently the option was already in the works, but the company brought up the launch window and announcement because it was one of the most requested features following the reveal. And in case anyone is curious as to why it's still not going to be available until late 2021, it's because the company is still doing some final testing on the powertrain combo.

The company will be relying on this consumer info for other future options and features. One of those features will be a white roof, which has been another popular request, possibly because of the blue concept Bronco shown with the reveal. The white roof is slated to go on sale in 2022.
Where is the "200+" factory accessories Ford boosted about ? Hell, I just wanted a pull out table and a pull down tray on the swing door. Waiting on a white top for two years? Or even the black painted top on the top trim levels? This is my first Ford product. I guess the PPP's didn't get to the workers who do the real work did it Ford?

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's see the squatch take rate after they increased the price. And if the cgi pics on B&P could load properly that would be great.
Try Chrome, works pretty great for me every time. Safari sends me to a hold screen then none of the images load.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This report is such a crock of ****, and I really hope someone at Ford wakes up before it's too late instead of just ramming all this forward and spinning a positive take.

Absolutely some of the worst contenting I've seen, ever. Design and engineering teed up a walk-off homer, and marketing is striking out swinging at the plate.

Sponsored

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

190k reservations, how many of those are dealer employees, 2nd reservations,tire kickers...... they will be lucky to fill half of that. Nickle and dimed to death on this one.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The post about the manual transmission is a little deceiving because some people are still waiting for the manual Sasquatch package on build and price me being one of them
Not on B & P because it’s late availability... when it’s not it will be on B & P but will have to price through the dealer order system before that happens.

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ahhh, Ford is listening? What have they been doing for the last 25 or so years? Isn't that enough time to get this right?

Also just curious where did they find the individuals that made up their focus groups? Are these the same individuals that are used for political polling? Cause God knows they're always spot on!

#EpicFailure

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Ford,
I promise to not flood the interior of my Badlands
I don't want carpet
I do want heated front seats. Gets cold in Wisconsin
My F150 starts at the same time every morning and during the winter, those heated seats feel soooo nice when I get in.
Please don't make me pay over 2 grand to have a warm ass on a cold day. Thanks

WAldo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford was truly listening, there would be manual with mid and high packages for the lower trims. It is ridiculous the cheapest manual with heated seats is 48k.

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The post about the manual transmission is a little deceiving because some people are still waiting for the manual Sasquatch package on build and price me being one of them
Me too. The wait is making me look at the more rugged Jeep again...?

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford trying hard to not get my money. I only a few years ago swore off ford forever after the second transmission replacement in as many years but I've always been in love with the bronco aesthetically.

I've only ever been off-roading a handful of times and I doubt life will let me when I have a proper truck for it. So it's big bend or obx for me. Reserved an obx cause I was interested in upgraded stereo but I hate most things about it? The metallic dash looks terrible in CG 360 render, not a huge fan how body matched looks on fenders, I hate that style of wheel, interior colors are shockingly awful and I don't love that grille.

But the craziest part might be cloth seats. Can spec it out for 50k before touching any accessory. 50k for a 4 door with cloth? My sedan, which cost half that, at least has a fake leather, cloth combo standard that's pretty nice. At least do some sort of vinyl!

So if I learn to deal with the other things, add leather and get (imo) better looking rims (like the less expensive broncos) or stealies. I'm probably at 54ish. My wallet could spend that much but my brain can't get over spending 5 racks.

So looks like big bend to me but I struggle with lack of upgraded stereo and now that I've been looking at the 12 inch screen, the 8" seems cheap.

I just wish I could split the difference and get exactly what I want for a price somewhat in the middle. I've wanted this car my whole car driving life but I'm worried I'll now be slightly disappointed

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was expecting a high quality, classy bronco for 55000. What was I thinking?

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a joke. 1/ there were not that many options on reservation day to pick from. 2/ most folks want the 2.7 and are willing to take an auto to get it 3/ folks Seem disappointed with interior option / colors. Ie I’d really like the MGV white that is on the CG concept.

My top choice would be a 4 door badlands in CG, white MGV, white top, lux, Sasquatch, 2.7, manual. Would be happy to drop $60k on that... please make it!
Sponsored