Sponsored

Is Ford trying to trick remaining reservation holders?

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just watched Tim with Long McArthur Ford's pod cast for scheduling information and Bronco news and I couldn't believe what I heard. This really doesn't apply to me anymore because I completely changed my order because our needs changed, but to those who haven't dropped the dreaded 3 constraints, Lux, Hardtop and Sasquach or the Wildtrak Trim, you really need to watch it. According to him, out of his remaining allocations for 2023, I think it was around 50, he can order a good number of Wildtraks, a good number of Sasquach, a good number of Lux Package and a really good number of Hardtops. If the situation is so bad, how can he order any at all. It looks to me like Ford wanted to be able to clear the deck, so when order banks open, they can offer the full product line, even if it is a somewhat limited number. Even my dealer told me, if I left my order alone it would get scheduled, OB, Hardtop,Lux,SAS. He said he had allocations for all those constraints and I was his last reservation holder.
So if you haven't jumped off the cliff yet, check with your dealer, they may have enough allocations to build your order exactly the way you want it.
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tim said his order constraints for when the banks reopen are:
20% Wildtrack
59% Sas
33% Lux
57% total hardtops, 2 dr + 4 dr.

He also said those figures will vary by dealer.

I don't recall what his allocation was..... was it 80 more?
Edit: I just rewatched, they got an estimate of 80 for 2023, they have 20 unfilled orders remaining.
When the order banks open back in in late March, they will get an allocation of 58 with the above restraints.
Therefore a max of:
11 Wildtracks
34 Sas
19 Lux
33 hardtops

Last edited:

fr8ycat

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It looks to me like Ford wanted to be able to clear the deck, so when order banks open, they can offer the full product line, even if it is a somewhat limited number.
Ford Bronco Is Ford trying to trick remaining reservation holders? 1674617904542

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess it is dealer dependent. Big dealers get more allocations. Still debating if I want to change my order or leave as is. Aftermarket hardtops are in excess of 6500$+ tax and shipping. Aftermarket Sasquatch is also going to cost more compared to getting it from the factory. At this point I’d rather take my chances if it’s 60/40. Plus, by 2024 who knows what other vehicle will come out. Prices might rise another 5k for the 2024 but it’s still cheaper than the aftermarket hard top plus SAS.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

20% Wildtrack
59% Sas
33% Lux

I think so. So basically, wouldn't one of his existing unscheduled order holders be able to tap into his remaining allocations for the constrained items. All that would do is eliminate someone from getting that constraint on a new order.

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess it is dealer dependent. Big dealers get more allocations. Still debating if I want to change my order or leave as is. Aftermarket hardtops are in excess of 6500$+ tax and shipping. Aftermarket Sasquatch is also going to cost more compared to getting it from the factory. At this point I’d rather take my chances if it’s 60/40. Plus, by 2024 who knows what other vehicle will come out. Prices might rise another 5k for the 2024 but it’s still cheaper than the aftermarket hard top plus SAS.
Check with your dealer, see where you are in the que and have them check their 2023 allocations for the constrained items. At least then you can make an informed decision. Deciding to keep these items does not have to be roll of the dice, they know what they can get.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20% Wildtrack
59% Sas
33% Lux

80 was the estimate for the year I think. It’s now less than that since Ford isn’t opening order banks until March-ish (maybe).

And to answer @Heath Aggen question… there is no tricks or Ford playing games or anything of the sort. Those items are truly constrained.

For example, 85% of the orders in the order banks are for hard tops. Ford only has enough for about ~60% of them. That’s why Ford told Tim only 57% of his orders could be a hard top order. This guidance from Ford helps Tim and the other sales staff at Long McArthur ensure they don’t over-sell hard tops.

As long as they stick to those numbers they should avoid ending up in a situation similar to Granger or Chapman where they have hundreds of customers who placed orders with a very small chance at getting built this year due to constraints. It sounds like Ford made a deal with these dealers to “borrow” future allocation to deal with existing orders, but just because they are borrowing allocations from the future doesn’t mean all of those allocations can use a disproportionate number of constrain items.

I don’t know if Ford will restrict what people can order or not if/when they do open order banks. But if they don’t, I suspect dealers will have spare allocation they can’t easily sell since dealers will be trying to stick to their numbers when it comes to the constrained items. We’ll see a lot of dealers saying “yeah you can place an order with us, we have the allocation, but not with a hard top or Lux package or Sasquatch”.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

80 was the estimate for the year I think. It’s now less than that since Ford isn’t opening order banks until March-ish (maybe).
You're correct, I edited my prior post.
They got 80 for the year, still have 20 unfilled, and will get 58 more when the order banks open back up in late March.
They are in the (fortunate) position where they expect to fulfill present orders, and will gain more for the later part of 2023.

Did you catch where he said there were 37,000 unfilled orders remaining? Last week it was 78,000. They must have scheduled a bunch last week. I got the impression Ford is trying to finish scheduling outstanding orders in the next 6 weeks or so.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Didn't I see something about dealers having to give up future allocations to use for current reservations though? Maybe that only really affects the larger volume dealers?

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did drop the constraints for my order. When the time comes for me to expect delivery I’ll probably check out some dealer stock to see if there’s any broncos that match my wants and needs at msrp……. And I might just opt to use my $2500 certificate.

huskerhiker

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands non SAS, modified.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know whether Ford can build all of these orders or not, but what I do know is that they are willing to pay people $2500 to buy less of their product. They aren't going to do that unless the value of doing so is greater than their cost. Maybe value to them is completing more sales and having greater revenue/profit and/or miniminizing/containing brand damage/customer retainment etc... whatever that formula for them may be. And Ford doesn't want everyone to drop these things or they would offer more money. The $2500 was chosen targeting a desired range of changes. If they don't get as many as they'd hope by March 7th, maybe they'll offer more. Won't surprise me.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found it interesting that they claimed that they are only offering this to "selected" customers, whatever that means. Although, clearly, I was selected as evidenced by emails from both my Dealer and Ford.

It's strange that they are going to open the order banks and then fill orders with the exact constraints they are asking me to give up after waiting patiently. It would make more sense to give those who waited first shot at the goodies, but no, random Joe will be able to walk in off the street and order what he wants and he may even jump to the head of the line, just like last year.

This is Ford's plan to avoid accountability and purge reservation holders early. Don't think that we can't see it for what it is.

I don't believe for a minute, despite making the required changes, that Ford will build this Bronco. Between price protection and the transition offer, that is $5580 that Ford is "discounting" this Bronco in order to sell it to me through my dealer.

Is Ford gonna build that Bronco for me or someone else who won't get a $5580 discount... I think that we know the answer.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found it interesting that they claimed that they are only offering this to "selected" customers, whatever that means. Although, clearly, I was selected as evidenced by emails from both my Dealer and Ford.

It's strange that they are going to open the order banks and then fill orders with the exact constraints they are asking me to give up after waiting patiently. It would make more sense to give those who waited first shot at the goodies, but no, random Joe will be able to walk in off the street and order what he wants and he may even jump to the head of the line, just like last year.

This is Ford's plan to avoid accountability and purge reservation holders early. Don't think that we can't see it for what it is.

I don't believe for a minute, despite making the required changes, that Ford will build this Bronco. Between price protection and the transition offer, that is $5580 that Ford is "discounting" this Bronco in order to sell it to me through my dealer.

Is Ford gonna build that Bronco for me or someone else who won't get a $5580 discount... I think that we know the answer.
Yeaaaaaah. I honestly feel like I should get scheduled this week since I have 0 constraints. Ford shouldn’t be taking orders until the backlog is worked through, and if capacity is already reached to the point of paying customers to remove them.. why offer them during the same model year when capacity hasn’t increased…?

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am going to preach this to anyone who will listen. Before you remove what you really want, go and sit down with your dealer, they recieved their ramaining allocations and what they can order yesterday. If they have allocations and they can order any of the three major constraints, they can apply that to your order.
Sponsored