Sponsored

Is Ford trying to trick remaining reservation holders?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am going to preach this to anyone who will listen. Before you remove what you really want, go and sit down with your dealer, they recieved their ramaining allocations and what they can order yesterday. If they have allocations and they can order any of the three major constraints, they can apply that to your order.
I was 400 deep in the queue at Granger... so no discussion will fix that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was going to be my only exception, if your a Granger order, no dice.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Imagine if they would have been honest with what they could do to begin with?

BachBuiltOffRoad

Outer Banks
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BachBuiltOffRoad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks/ Badlands on order 7/9/21
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Talked to our dealer today which is Town & Country Ford since we've had 2 badlands on order since 7/9/21 and had to drop constraints or they said they would not be built at all! Unfortunately no way around it (said the dealer). This is very disappointing from Ford since we've waited so long but it is what it is.

Obviously, these will be getting customized by the shop but still wanted the Hardtop no matter what!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't know whether Ford can build all of these orders or not, but what I do know is that they are willing to pay people $2500 to buy less of their product. They aren't going to do that unless the value of doing so is greater than their cost.
Exactly. I think this will also allow constrained components such as MIC hardtop to be used for Raptors which will be much higher margin for dealers and for Ford. I'm guessing it will help me (late to order a Raptor) at the expense of folks waiting a very long time.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm basically in that same boat, way down on the list. I don't know what to make of the scuttlebutt regarding increased allocations for 2023, and to what extent that will help deliver ordered Broncos to customers.

Having a base two door on order, I'm skeptical about delivery due to the hardtop. Regardless of what Ford says about hardtop not counting as a removable constraint on the 2-door, I think it's still a problem, and will negatively impact getting the vehicle (compared to 4-door soft tops which Ford seems to love churning out).

Probably this latest plan by Ford, is their way to try and satisfy some remaining order holders, in a way that limits financial impact to Ford, and also gives some cover to say they tried, when they end up cutting people off. Ultimately I look at trends, and for Ford to turn around and deliver for everyone with an old order, would be a pleasant surprise, but doesn't go with the usual trend. Time will tell ...

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer (Tommie Vaughn in Houston) was unable to tell me where I was in their queue or about their allocations :(

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Talked to our dealer today which is Town & Country Ford since we've had 2 badlands on order since 7/9/21 and had to drop constraints or they said they would not be built at all! Unfortunately no way around it (said the dealer). This is very disappointing from Ford since we've waited so long but it is what it is.

Obviously, these will be getting customized by the shop but still wanted the Hardtop no matter what!
Wow, that basically means they have so many orders that they have no allocation percentage at all for the 3 sins, unlike Long McArthur who does have allocations. So what they are saying is, when the order banks open end of March, if you place an order with T&C you can't order a HT, SAS or Lux, bets on if thats true or not.
Sponsored