Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this gauge cluster looks cheap as well.
I'm not interested in the Bronco Sport, but do like the color accents. This is for those that want a low $30's Bronco.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like how flush and integrated into the dash the screen is looking... and so glad it's not a floating screen like in the Bronco Sport.

bronco_sport_interior_001-jpg.jpg
Itd be great if that screen folded away. It almost looks like it could. I know alot of you all have driven alot of new cars with those, I havent. Only rode in a few early on but it was real low. But i find them very distracting. Almost to an unsafe level.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itd be great if that screen folded away. It almost looks like it could. I know alot of you all have driven alot of new cars with those, I havent. Only rode in a few early on but it was real low. But i find them very distracting. Almost to an unsafe level.
I think the disappearing screens are long gone. Too troublesome if you manage to get something stuck down underneath it

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the disappearing screens are long gone. Too troublesome if you manage to get something stuck down underneath it
Guess it'll havd to be a t-shirt then lol!

Last edited:

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here, 2 years and 21k miles so far. Clutch feels a lot better with Steeda clutch spring.
Yessir! 10 years 120k miles on mine.

Not saying no one has had issues but I doubt it’s a problem on the level of the Focus auto trans.

I know one thing is for sure this transmission shifts like butter at high revs

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will 'SCREENS' be the weakest link in Bronco?

Complaints that Tesla’s giant touch screens can fail have drawn the attention of U.S. safety regulators...The probe covers 63,000 Model S vehicles with screens controlled by flash memory devices with finite lifespans based on the number of program and erase cycles, the documents said. The screens can fail prematurely because the memory can wear out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/24/us-...odel-s-after-touchscreen-failure-reports.html

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Complaints that Tesla’s giant touch screens can fail have drawn the attention of U.S. safety regulators...The probe covers 63,000 Model S vehicles with screens controlled by flash memory devices with finite lifespans based on the number of program and erase cycles, the documents said. The screens can fail prematurely because the memory can wear out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/24/us-...odel-s-after-touchscreen-failure-reports.html
Very possible the "screens" will be the most likely to fail. Touch displays in cars is still relatively new and quickly evolving technology. Plus the Bronco will be getting the new larger screen. Hard to know how it will hold up compared to the 8"

Only parts I have changed on my wife's '17 F150 was the 8" screen assembly at 40k miles. Screen become unresponsive and GPS stopped working.

On my '19 Mustang I had to get the digital cluster replaced at 2k miles because it would not always turn on with the car.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Luckily Carplay/Android auto pretty much future-proofs a lot of screens by essentially turning them to a TV and offloading the processing to your smart phone.

I’m not too worried. Nothing can be worse than the original sync touchscreen in my parent’s explorer, thing is a piece of shit and barely worked when new.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Luckily Carplay/Android auto pretty much future-proofs a lot of screens by essentially turning them to a TV and offloading the processing to your smart phone.

I’m not too worried. Nothing can be worse than the original sync touchscreen in my parent’s explorer, thing is a piece of shit and barely worked when new.
The factory touchscreen in my 2013 Tundra would like a word.

I'm aboot to "touch" it with a hammer.

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd prefer to have no screen at all and save the $$$$.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd prefer to have no screen at all and save the $$$$.
Evolution is not Always a good thing. Today, we're not happy unless we have a single device that can make a call, take a picture, and tell Alexa to flush the john. Despite all the technology advances, nothing works quite as well as a simple on/off switch.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is why we need all the driving assistant features: lanes control, emergency stop, etc. People more and more are driving around staring at their screens.

When a key selling point of a car becomes the screen, that tells you something.
Sponsored