Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There are actually 2 options for this set and I'm not sure which one is correct, or if it even makes a difference. One says "standard" and the individual bits are labeled as TPxx, the other option says "tamperproof" and the individual bits are labeled as IPRxx. I need to remove the bolts on the modular bumper and my head is spinning right now trying to figure out what I need to order.
You want the standard. Do not get tamperproof as I made that mistake and it was the wrong set. I replaced it with the standard and they were great.
Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, this is an old thread... but I believe in providing information. In this case on the modular bumper Torx Plus 40. I bought this one on Amazon for $9.99 (single bit). It does the job nicely. No slip. Worked with a 1/2 ratchet. Even says Torx Plus on the bit.
"TEMO IP40 3 Inch Long Black Impact Torx Plus 6 Point Socket Bit 1/2 Inch Square Drive Auto Repair Tool" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K42XOHK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you to all y'all who've contributed to this thread.

My Bronco finally arrived and I ordered the Neiko Torx+ set from Amazon. They're made in Tiawan which is just fine with me since Tiawan are an ally of the United States and it definitely is NOT CHINA, so please do not confuse the two although Tiawan is just off of China's coast.

Good read through the pages of the thread and I'll be off to a good start in making mods to my new rig.

She and I are going steady and I've already moved to second base and making my way to home plate (the dirt!) :LOL:

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I agree with your "not built in China" emphasis... although Neiko has factories in both Taiwan and China. I wouldn't know where your particular set is made.

The tool I recommended is distributed by Golden Coulee... which is a distributor out of La Crosse, Wisconsin. Of course, they import from both China and Taiwan. I also didn't go into the particulars for this Torx+ bit.

Good point you made though... although its hard sometimes to find out where things are made (by design).

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to make sure what Torx fits the hardtop bolts?

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to make sure what Torx fits the hardtop bolts?
The one included in the tool kit that should have come with your Bronco and is either in the glovebox or rear under floor storage compartment. 😉

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Door pockets are IP30.
Sponsored