First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the smaller Sync 4 system and I have had an issue where the screen stops responding to touch. Android auto is still working and the voice commands (Ford and Google) still work, but touch input no longer registers. Just to be clear, the screen itself is still working (navigation tracks or Spotify changes along with the songs), I just can't do anything with it via touch.

Turning the car off and on again typically fixes the issue. Not sure if it is a software/firmware issue or if there is something wrong with the digitizer on my touch screen.
Sponsored

the Duff

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let me preface this with saying I am a Ford mechanic. The screens are very robust. The only times I have replaced them have been due to physical damage. Slow to respond or no response is a software issue. I haven't had to do anything with Sync 4 yet, but all previous releases have had those issues.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had Google maps freeze up.. It seemed to be more of Carplay issue than a Sync 4 issue

Spicoli44

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same issue, its getting very frustrating to have to pull over and shut the vehicle off just to restart the screen.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the same issue, its getting very frustrating to have to pull over and shut the vehicle off just to restart the screen.
Hi David! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this on my end!

MostHumblest

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had this issue! Fear not, you won't have to pull over anymore.

You can reset just the media by holding down the radio power button and the fast forward button together for 10 seconds. Reboots the system.

I wish it didn't freeze in the first place but at least you can quickly reset it.

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my wife's explorer you can reset the system by holding the audio power OFF button (inside the volume knob) and the "skip track" button for like 5+ seconds...

I bet that works on the Bronco...

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had this issue! Fear not, you won't have to pull over anymore.

You can reset just the media by holding down the radio power button and the fast forward button together for 10 seconds. Reboots the system.

I wish it didn't freeze in the first place but at least you can quickly reset it.
Thanks for the tip. Mine just froze up on the Android auto screen tonight (3rd day driving, just hit 300 miles). I shut my bronco off, came back out, and it reconnected and still frozen. got to my destination, shut it off and my phone off this time (to force disconnect). restarted and it came back, responsive. flipped back to android auto and it was responsive as well. clearly a software bug. Thanks for the restart tip..we'll see how annoying this becomes and if Ford/Google can figure out an OTA update. Dont make me yearn for a downgrade to my old Microsoft-based Sync2 system that's in my 2012 F150 :)

bgautrea

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 335i BMW, 2014 Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the exact same problem intermittently on my BB with the smaller screen. No response from the touch screen. Not sure if it's my phone (Pixel 5a 5g) or Sync4. I have to stop turn off the Bronc, open a door, then restart. Going to try the power+ff button trick next time. đŸ™đŸŒfor the tip!!! @MostHumblest

Sponsored

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After the last update, my touch screen froze. Everything displays correctly, CarPlay connects, camera view displays, etc. the touch just doesn’t respond.

I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery and that didn’t work. I tried the reset recommended in this thread a half dozen times and that didn’t work either.

Any other ideas out there?

I have a ‘21 FE.

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everything seems “laggy” to me. From the rocks to bronco graphic at startup, to adjusting volume, to using CarPlay. I love my Bronco, but I did expect the technology/software in the touchscreen to be a little better. Hopefully it’s an issue that can be fixed ota at some point.

Slinghaus

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine has been acting up the last few days. Major delay when switching between maps and Spotify and volume as well.
it came out of the blue too idk what the deal is

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After the last update, my touch screen froze. Everything displays correctly, CarPlay connects, camera view displays, etc. the touch just doesn’t respond.

I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery and that didn’t work. I tried the reset recommended in this thread a half dozen times and that didn’t work either.

Any other ideas out there?

I have a ‘21 FE.
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s screen concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

esquared

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2.7 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been experiencing this since delivery a year ago. It was more frequent earlier on, but it still happens about once or twice a week, most recently today. Always when using Android Auto, and happens when connected either wireless or via cable. I have to switch my phone in and out of airplane mode to get it to "reset" and start working again.
Sponsored