Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2004 JEEP WRANGLER, 2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I seen a post the other day about a guy who dropped the tow package and was scheduled soon afterwards... So today I did the same for my wifes bronco and we'll just track this and see if we get scheduled. We ordered in Aug. of last year. Our order is 4dr/OBX/Area 51/high/leather/MIC/2.7. So start the clock and lets see if this works. Because we're not giving up the Hard top. I've got a 2dr base ordered that I'm in no hurry on.
Sponsored

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I seen a post the other day about a guy who dropped the tow package and was scheduled soon afterwards... So today I did the same for my wifes bronco and we'll just track this and see if we get scheduled. We ordered in Aug. of last year. Our order is 4dr/OBX/Area 51/high/leather/MIC/2.7. So start the clock and lets see if this works. Because we're not giving up the Hard top. I've got a 2dr base ordered that I'm in no hurry on.
personally i dont think tow is all that constrained , your hard top is the hold up...I have tow and scheduled for 2/21 with a September order

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dropped tow recently as well since I like don’t need the 7 pin for anything I can tow in the foreseeable future. I reserved in August as well. 4dr Badlands, lux, MIC, 7spd.

OP
OP
GoobertownDaddy

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

personally i dont think tow is all that constrained , your hard top is the hold up...I have tow and scheduled for 2/21 with a September order
Yea but those soft tops are not for everyday use. We got a loaner big bend for about 3 weeks with a soft top and I didn't like it at all. In the summer it might be kind of cool to be able to drop top at a moments notice. But in the winter it's garbage. and loud.

OP
OP
GoobertownDaddy

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe it has nothing to do with it but we'll see. Maybe it's a out of sight out of mind kind or thing. So I change my order they start looking for it and find it under the table in the corner and say hey maybe we should just go ahead and build this one.

Sponsored

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea but those soft tops are not for everyday use. We got a loaner big bend for about 3 weeks with a soft top and I didn't like it at all. In the summer it might be kind of cool to be able to drop top at a moments notice. But in the winter it's garbage. and loud.
I somewhat agree on the soft top..I will get a hard top at some point when the bugs are worked by ford or a better after market top come up

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

removed my tow package 12/16.. no movement yet.. good luck.. Knowing i have many other constrained items, wasnt expecting too much faster..

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got news for you the hardtop isn’t doing to be that much quieter if at all. And I’ve had no issue with my soft top and we’ve had anywhere from 4-8 inches at a time.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tow is an easy drop to lower your constraints.. you can add aftermarket for a fraction of the price and an hour of your time

BTW- I dropped tow and got picked up the next cycle. (abut that was last summer and I wound up getting pushed to fall anyway, but at least I got a vin)

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got news for you the hardtop isn’t doing to be that much quieter if at all. And I’ve had no issue with my soft top and we’ve had anywhere from 4-8 inches at a time.
I have seen many revues that say what you just posted.. Most do say that the HT blocks more traffic noise but driving down a road with no traffic the tops noise level is about the same

Last edited:

Sponsored

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put me on the dropped TOW list. I dropped it on Saturday 1/22. I have MIC and 2.7L. Hoping this does the trick.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it has nothing to do with it but we'll see. Maybe it's a out of sight out of mind kind or thing. So I change my order they start looking for it and find it under the table in the corner and say hey maybe we should just go ahead and build this one.
I'm one of those. I dropped the tow last week and got scheduled on Thursday and I have the MIC. I just found out I have an actual build day already within my build week, now I just have to hope it doesn't get bumped.

I am of a different school of thought, I believe the chip that is needed for the 7pin configuration is the problem and the MIC is becoming less and less of a problem. More than half of the builds in my build week are MIC's. Now I will say my Res date is 7/18/20 and I ordered 1/21 and then again 10/21 so that didn't hurt.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have seen many revues that say what you just posted.. Most do say that the HT blocks more traffic noise but driving down a road with no traffic the tops noise level is about the same
The back windows are the difference maker on it.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dropped tow and mod bumper on my black diamond 7MT with 4A last month. I just got scheduled ahead of several at my dealer

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the constraint is the ability to install the option at MAP. The wiring for the 7-pin is done off assembly line and there is only so much capacity per day to install it.
Sponsored