First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
personally i dont think tow is all that constrained , your hard top is the hold up...I have tow and scheduled for 2/21 with a September order
You may be right. I dropped PPF and kept tow. Got a VIN in the last scheduling.
Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes my ‘21 even more desirable now

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dropped tow too, over a month ago, still no movement.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with the OP, I also dropped Tow and MIC top to hopefully get the show on the road. It's been 557/355 days and something has to give.

Also, I had not seen a Bronco with Area 51 paint in person until last week when I saw one on a dealer lot. I stopped in to have a look and was sold on it right away and changed that on my order also.

Like Cactus Gray, A51 is a color you have to see in person and on the actual vehicle to know what it really looks like.

Fingers crossed...

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dropped the tow 2 weeks ago, kept the MIC top….and got scheduled last week.

Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I seen a post the other day about a guy who dropped the tow package and was scheduled soon afterwards... So today I did the same for my wifes bronco and we'll just track this and see if we get scheduled. We ordered in Aug. of last year. Our order is 4dr/OBX/Area 51/high/leather/MIC/2.7. So start the clock and lets see if this works. Because we're not giving up the Hard top. I've got a 2dr base ordered that I'm in no hurry on.
I have about the same build, different color. Dropped tow package in Dec upon Ford notice, production was scheduled soon after dropping tow.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more people that drop tow the better chance I have with mine being built with tow :ROFLMAO:

drgnspcshp

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I seen a post the other day about a guy who dropped the tow package and was scheduled soon afterwards... So today I did the same for my wifes bronco and we'll just track this and see if we get scheduled. We ordered in Aug. of last year. Our order is 4dr/OBX/Area 51/high/leather/MIC/2.7. So start the clock and lets see if this works. Because we're not giving up the Hard top. I've got a 2dr base ordered that I'm in no hurry on.
I have a 7/14 reservation date. I dropped tow package, paint protection film, and upgraded bumper on Monday 12/13/2021 and was pulled for production 3 days later that Thursday. I have a 4 door wildtrack ordered with high package, leather, and MIC top. Good luck.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tow is an easy drop to lower your constraints.. you can add aftermarket for a fraction of the price and an hour of your time

BTW- I dropped tow and got picked up the next cycle. (abut that was last summer and I wound up getting pushed to fall anyway, but at least I got a vin)
Sure...if you only need a 4 pin or just the receiver itself for a bike rack. If you need a 7pin, I would not be dropping the tow package.

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I debated adding the towing from the start. I like the idea of having a boat or a trailer to tow around, but I haven't had one in my 30+ years of driving. What I did need, however, was the hitch for accessories (bike rack, storage bed, etc.). What I decided to do, then, was wait on the towing. So, I just recently bought the Ford trailer hitch assembly from Ford Accessories. On the off chance I need the wiring harness, I will add it later. Sure, I could have bought the Curt brand and did pay a bit more for the Ford hitch, but I like the warranty and the ability to add the 7-pin connector later should I need it. I will never have a basis for comparison, but I do think it helped me advance my build.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like you Murphy the CEO of my humble empire, and myself sat down last week for a discussion. My Bronco is in limbo because of the new '22 allocation formula. We weighed some of the options on our OBX, and the true need for them. We decided our Ranger could handle the reason we wanted a MIC top, and from reviews here the 2.7L was just overkill for the way we would use the Bronco. I had already dropped the tow packge when I reordered for the '22 MY, because we only use the hitch on our Jeep for a bike rack. We just dropped the MIC, and the 2.7L last week. Will that help me much? I do hope so, but only time will tell.

BTW, we're keeping the LUX package on the order if we never get the Bronco. There are some things we just don't want to do without. :)

Last edited:

D-R0CK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered with tow package on 13 December, have a 7 Feb build date. BD, soft top, 2.3L.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be dropping my tow package next week. (wanted to this week but my sales guy is out) That will leave me a 2-Door non-SAS Badlands with 2.7 and high package essentially.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Constraints......in stock today, out of stock tomorrow....more stock always coming back into the system. IMO....this is like playing poker and you don't know what you are doing. Build it the way you want it and wait.
Sponsored