First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok...got a 23 BB Sas. Towing a teardrop camper and looking for a solution to prevent the sag this small trailer places on the rear. Dont want to blind everyone on the road at night. Tried Sumos like I had on my Ranger. They are not made for the Sas suspension as they are about two inches short of touching the frame. Supersprings says just shim it up with spacers bit I'm truly concerned that that will eliminate almost three inches of travel in the suspension....not really what I'm looking for.

Wondering if using adjustable rear coilovers I could adjust them while towing and back them off while offroad. Is there something I'm missing with this solution? It's an expensive route to go but I'm wiling to go that route as no other solution seems to be out there.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok...got a 23 BB Sas. Towing a teardrop camper and looking for a solution to prevent the sag this small trailer places on the rear. Dont want to blind everyone on the road at night. Tried Sumos like I had on my Ranger. They are not made for the Sas suspension as they are about two inches short of touching the frame. Supersprings says just shim it up with spacers bit I'm truly concerned that that will eliminate almost three inches of travel in the suspension....not really what I'm looking for.

Wondering if using adjustable rear coilovers I could adjust them while towing and back them off while offroad. Is there something I'm missing with this solution? It's an expensive route to go but I'm wiling to go that route as no other solution seems to be out there.

Thoughts?
Get yourself a weight distribution hitch for use on your trailer.

OP
OP

Mibuckeye

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish it were that easy. My trailer uses a Lock-n-Roll articulating hitch for off road use which doesn't play well with a weight distribution hitch.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A weight distributing hitch won't work for the OP for his reasons. But I think all Bronco owners should approach them with caution as they put a lot of torque on the Class III hitch and on the Bronco a not so stout crossmember.
Maybe a hitch expert can weigh in.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thoughts?
Your coilover idea would work, but adjusting the coilovers is a pain to do. Limited access and it's easier if the vehicle weight is off the shocks. Look into airbags. You do lose some articulation but it really is the answer to your issue.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From their Tech Tips :

No drilling required for installation

Tech Tip:

Product does not fit Raptor or WildTrak models, or models with Sasquatch Package.

More Information >
Probably because they haven’t tried it on those models. It mounts to the axle and hits the frame. Raptor may not fit but all other broncos have same frame and rear axle.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A weight distributing hitch won't work for the OP for his reasons. But I think all Bronco owners should approach them with caution as they put a lot of torque on the Class III hitch and on the Bronco a not so stout crossmember.
Maybe a hitch expert can weigh in.
The OP made no mention of his articulating hitch setup, of which that type I have no experience using. The Bronco OM makes no mention with regard to the use or recommendations of a WDH and Etrailer freely offers variations of WDHs in it website without warnings of specific use on the Bronco (or Wrangler) and I view them as a trailering expert. In reading other posts, there is this possibility I found….not being sure, but posting it just in case it offers options.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ubution-and-anti-sway-at-the-same-time.61628/

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mibuckeye

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OP made no mention of his articulating hitch setup, of which that type I have no experience using. The Bronco OM makes no mention with regard to the use or recommendations of a WDH and Etrailer freely offers variations of WDHs in it website without warnings of specific use on the Bronco (or Wrangler) and I view them as a trailering expert. In reading other posts, there is this possibility I found….not being sure, but posting it just in case it offers options.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ubution-and-anti-sway-at-the-same-time.61628/
Thank you! Some interesting info in there.

CC220

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT500, 2001 Ram 2500 4X4 24V Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thoughts?
Just curious what your trailer weighs and how much rear sag you have. I have 2400 pound off-road trailer with a tongue weight of 290 pounds (weighed everything fully loaded for a trip) and the rear drops 1 5/8” when trailer is attached. Seems like a lot to me but I am new to towing. I have a 2022 Wildtrak.

OP
OP

Mibuckeye

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious what your trailer weighs and how much rear sag you have. I have 2400 pound off-road trailer with a tongue weight of 290 pounds (weighed everything fully loaded for a trip) and the rear drops 1 5/8” when trailer is attached. Seems like a lot to me but I am new to towing. I have a 2022 Wildtrak.
That's consistent with my setup and sag.