Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can't we all just get along and wait to see what ford does... It's a mute point otherwise and all the arguing doesn't mean shit lol. It's got a legal tow capacity at this point. If it changes great, if it doesn't y'all will have to decide for yourselves what you're ok with towing. If anything. 🙃🤦 Lol
My worry is that if we don't raise a stink they won't do anything.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Probably less, because GCWR :p
I think three or four of the 4-door V6s tow less than that, but the GCWR on most builds support tow ratings well above 3500lbs. Some 2-doors could go above 4100lbs by their GCWR!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how many of the people who have told me I'm an idiot wishing for a slightly higher tow rating option in exchange for limiting max off road capability (that I was never going to use anyway), can be found in other threads complaining there aren't more cupholders.

Last edited:

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how many of the people who have told me I'm an idiot wishing for a slightly higher tow rating option in exchange for off road capability (I'm never going to use), can be found in other threads complaining there aren't more cupholders.

Ford Bronco Increased towing.? 1615988041654

Some artistic license was given.....it's probably a single circle.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any improvement in towing would most likely negatively effect the off road capability, these are nowhere the same animals as the previous generations of Bronco, the DNA part refers to the off road capability, which is what Bronco is known for, not its towing!
Just my 2 cents (as I've posted this before). A number of people on this forum have stated that the low(er) tow capacity is probably due to the springs. And like you said, that's part of the off road capability part.

As I've said, that's fine. Sell us a TOW PACKAGE that includes stiffer springs. So those who don't need all that off road capability but wish to tow say 5,000 pound boats or something, can do it with ease. Problem solved.

And if we are going with DNA, I've said it before and will say it again... The Bronco, same as the Jeep, same as every other vehicle out there is an ON ROAD vehicle! You'll probably notice things like brake lights, turn signals, creature comforts like that. With that said, save all this off road capability ONLY crap for stuff like quads or SxS's.
Sponsored

Last edited: